Musicals

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Wow. I've never even seen Newsies (don't judge, I'm still a theater nerd) and I got ultimate chills watching that!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Ok. So I have to say, I've never really been that into musicals. But recently I was persuaded to try out for my college's production of "Into The Woods". I did and was cast in the role of Jack! The entire cast is amazingly talented and just made for their rolls!! So needless to say I've been bitten by the theater bug. :D so yeah. Lol (hey btw guys. Been a blue moon or 2. :P)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Oh! Jack is such a fun character! I think he has a lot of deep personality stuff that would be really fun to dig into and portray on stage. (For example) I know one actor who made Jack have an anxiety attack at one point, it was a brilliant performance!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Bethany Shepard wrote:I didn't have time to see it, but they are, because of popular demand, playing it again March 4th!!
I heard that too. \:D/ I went with my siblings last Saturday, and we really enjoyed it. It was awesome. :mrgreen: The old cast, the amazing choreography, the huge applause(s), all only costing $20 instead of the normal $120 at Broadway. ^_^

As i've said before, Good luck Wes! I'm sure your performance will be just as amazing as the rest of the cast. xP
xo eht haiasi-
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Jeremy Jordan is my BOUY! Love him!
I'm going to see it tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Good luck, Wes! That sounds like a great roll for your voice!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage