Republican Presidental Debate

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Republican Presidental Debate

Did anyone watch tonight's Presidental Debate of the Republic canidites? (don't know how to spell that)

What did you think of it?

Let's discuss it! :D

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well I'm heading to bed but I was most disappointed in Ben Carson for not giving a stronger response to Trump's anti-vax statements.

I also think many of the candidates spoke poorly of diplomatic solutions to problems and that is bad foreign policy.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I was a little disappointed in Ben Carson too. I really like him but I wish he were a little stronger...

Donald Trump disgusted me and I have no clue how anyone could think he'd make a good president!!! :mad:

Who do think won?
I think it was Marco Rubio

I should beware of her.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What do you like about Ben Carson?

I think Rubio had a strong showing but it was probably Carly Fiorina who won last night, if all the articles about her this morning are any indication.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I don't think she won at all, she would not make a good president. The only thing that made people think she won was what she said in response to Trump's claim that he was only talking about her persona and not about her face... I think she had a brilliant comeback to it, but that in no way means she won the debate.

I'm not sure if Ben Carson would make a good president or not, I just like his humility and courteousy, unlike many of the others. And, he had such a strong Christian faith.

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz seem a but more presidential though.

I should beware of her.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why would she not make a good president?

Ben Carson is a Seventh-day Adventist, would you really consider that Christian? In any case, he has no experience.

I really, really dislike Ted Cruz after he said he wouldn't support persecuted Christian's in the Middle East.

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I'm not supposed to be debating and this seems like it's almost turning into a debate, so I need to be careful.

I would could consider Seventh-Day Adventist just as Christian as EO. But a true believer is not Christian because of what church he goes to. There are Christians in every different denomination, I believe.

I didn't know Ted Cruz said that. I don't like that either. :evil:

I should beware of her.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay, so what about Ben Carson leads you to believe that he is a good Christian? And does that alone qualify him to be president?

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

No of course not. And I said I don't know if he would make a good president, I just like him as a person.

His character displays Christ-like qualities.

I should beware of her.

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Fair enough, I think he lacks the knowledge and experience to be president.

I would say similar things about Carly Fiorina but why do you not like her?

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I honestly had no idea who Carly Fiorina was before that debate. And after it, frankly, I'm behind her 100%. That may change as I only know her from last evening, but from what I saw, I'm thrilled. Her foreign policy sounds mixed, but okay. Her reply to Trump was indeed nice. What really got me excited though was her hammering of Planned Parenthood.

This is the first time I've actually bothered watching these things. It's kind of silly, it's not like I can do anything about them. Still, they're entertaining. Dear old Trump sees to that.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Fair enough, I think he lacks the knowledge and experience to be president.

I would say similar things about Carly Fiorina but why do you not like her?
It kinda hard to pin-point but she didn't seem like the kind of person who would make a good president. Also didn't really like any of the people who argued and wouldn't stop talking when the moderator let them know their time was up. We need a kind, courteous president.

Marco Rubio possesses the most leader-like qualities, it seems to me. But of course I'm not very smart in these things. I just love poking my head such stuff. :D

I should beware of her.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I didn't see them, but I read some review on the National Reviews. Rubio or Fiorna definitely won also Ben Carson, they said had a huge rise in people supporting him. He actually from what saw on Facebook got 100,000 people following him in one day. That was weird to watch.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Really? My dad said he thought Ben Carson's support would drop somewhat after last night's debate. That's weird.

News Max said that Donald Trump totally won. I was like WHAT A JOKE!!! :roll:

I should beware of her.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

We were in debate class and my teacher played a clip of the debate so we could have practice spotting logical fallacies xD
kait
Cookies & Creme

This debate was about 200 times better than the last one. And I think Carly Fiorina dominated. She won't be knocking Trump down any time soon, but I have no doubt she'll see a very large bump in the polls.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

According the National review she did.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well I gave in and watched the debate, or some of it. (I blame Eleventh's Twitter)

I was a little upset the way Carly Fiorina was treated. Why would her looks even be commented on? I mean, I don't think the guys are normally discussing how the other looks. But yes, I would be disappointed if we had a woman president if the Bible really means that women leaders are a curse to a nation. But she is preferable to Hillary 200 times over.
Pound Foolish wrote:What really got me excited though was her hammering of Planned Parenthood.

Yep. Same here.

I don't think Scott Walker has been mentioned yet. What's wrong with him?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
kait
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:I was a little upset the way Carly Fiorina was treated. Why would her looks even be commented on? I mean, I don't think the guys are normally discussing how the other looks.

I was also disappointed with this, albeit not surprised. I think people will take notice of that, though and (hopefully) care enough to not support candidates who would treat her like that.

My totally favorite part (and by favorite I mean not) was when Fiorina was making a point and Trump interrupts with "Darling. Darling ..."
A) this was just an amazing example of some of the micro-aggressions women face and it was interesting to see it happen even on such a national platform
B) I couldn't believe he ACTUALLY did that. It was just so belittling and condescending. Can you imagine if he'd interacted with, say, Jeb, that way? "Jeb. Darling. Honey. Sweetie. *head pat*" Ickkk.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

kait wrote:My totally favorite part (and by favorite I mean not) was when Fiorina was making a point and Trump interrupts with "Darling. Darling ..."
A) this was just an amazing example of some of the micro-aggressions women face and it was interesting to see it happen even on such a national platform
B) I couldn't believe he ACTUALLY did that. It was just so belittling and condescending. Can you imagine if he'd interacted with, say, Jeb, that way? "Jeb. Darling. Honey. Sweetie. *head pat*" Ickkk.
:lol: Agree with this 100%!
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker