Out with the old, but what is the new?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Out with the old, but what is the new?

I need you guys' help.

I know everyone knows me as Samantha14, and has for about three years now. It's sort of my "mark of fame" on SS. However, I've been doing a lot of thinking. I've changed a lot over the years, even the past few months I've been gone, and returned. I'm honestly not who I used to be, I've changed a lot, for the better. I've grown up since I first joined.

I'm sort of a new person, compared to before~And I've been given the chance to start anew. I'd really like to have that reflected on here ~ By a new name.

No, not as a way to create a new identity, but to reflect my new identity that God has really blessed me with, in whole. I'm still me, and I never plan to be anything other than me. It's just that I'm a better me than I used to be, and with that new chapter, comes a fresh page. And I'd really like to fill it differently this time, reflecting the grace I've been given over this year, and even before that.

So, I need help coming up with some options. You guys know me, know who I am. Artistic, a dreamer, a little strange. But, now, I'm also a much more confident, daughter of God. Albeit still a quieter person than some, haha. Tell me what kinds of names you think would be good in reflecting who I am, in personality, and in the change I've faced. I'd really like to know.

I have a couple options that I like, myself, but nothing set in stone:

ABeautifulMess
SapphireDreamer
GracesFire

Please, feel free to list any that you come up with, no matter how weird or unlikely they may seem to you. You never know, I could fall in love with the very one you believed I wouldn't like. =]
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

My favorite of your choices is SapphireDreamer

Hmm, some other suggestions just right off the bat:

God's Artist
Simply Amazing Mess - acronym for SAM..goes off of one of your names..

If I come up with any others, I'll be sure to post them. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

ClayJar
Phoenix
AlwaysBegin
Anew
Genesis
Kershet: Meaning "rainbow," this name has Hebrew roots
Navin: A Hindi name, this means "new, novel"
Neander: A Greek name, this means "new man"
Shachar: Meaning "dawn," this name has Hebrew roots (or just straight up Dawn)
Helios
Butter Pecan

I love ClayJay, but then we'd have to call you Clay, which is kind of a guy's name. Genesis is beautiful, too. ;)

Mindona is an Athabaskan word for dawn, if you're into that sort of thing. Aurora and Eos are Greek terms (however, I think Eos is a god, while Aurora is a goddess...well, you could follow in my footsteps, Sheya. :P )

How about Rebirth? I don't know, it just sounds too...dramatic. In-your-face. Non-subtle. Here's a few options I like:

Ashfall.
LiveAgain.
BeautyFromPain (total Superchic rip-off, but hey, it's cool)
RoseInThorns
Risen
Heavensown (could be read HeavensOwn or HeavenSown)
Starsheen
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

How 'bout
Sammnova (new Sam)
VitaGratiae (grace-filled life)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Oooo I like HSCG's ideas. Mine were too cliche. (Sorry!)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

How about daughter of the King?

I like Gracesfire!
Proud K.R.E Member
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I love the concept of ABeautifulMess, but it doesnae seem to have the ring necessary for a name. "ABeautifulMess wrote:" Doesn't quite work.
SapphireDreamer seems great.
GracesFire sounds to me to much like everyone else, Graces4u etc.
Helios wrote:How about Rebirth? I don't know, it just sounds too...dramatic. In-your-face. Non-subtle.
I don't know. It sounds cool and simple. It reminds me Kingdom Hearts, (KH: Birth by Sleep anyone?) and this awesome song.

RoseInThorns, Heavensown, and Starsheen I like. (The latter it sounds like Shay, and the former I like the ambiguity.)
VitaGratiae I like.
Simply Amazing Mess is fun.
AlwaysBegin has an unusual charm.
Shay, perhaps?

And what about Samantha15?
~ Walker in Dreams
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Because Samantha is almost 17 now. ;)

So many hard choices! I'm leaning towards SapphireDreamer, since everyone seems to like that one, but all of these names are wonderful. Ahhh, decisions! I feel like Wooton in the Grocery Store. "PAPER OR PLASTIC, PAPER OR PLASTIC?!"

Sigh.

Feel free to keep coming up with more, maybe I'll make a poll for everyone to decide, in the end. *rubs the back of head in deep thought*
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Samantha14 wrote:Because Samantha is almost 17 now. ;)

So many hard choices! I'm leaning towards SapphireDreamer, since everyone seems to like that one, but all of these names are wonderful. Ahhh, decisions! I feel like Wooton in the Grocery Store. "PAPER OR PLASTIC, PAPER OR PLASTIC?!"

Sigh.

Feel free to keep coming up with more, maybe I'll make a poll for everyone to decide, in the end. *rubs the back of head in deep thought*
That Wooton joke thooo xDDD

SAM, choose what you like the best. Your own decision should be the most important...AND NOW YOU HAVE AN AWESOME LIST OF NAMES :mad:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I AGREE WITH PAULA. Sam, it should be a name you love...we don't need to all like it too.That could be adding unneedful stress in choosing.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Helios
Butter Pecan

Let's just say we'll like whatever you pick, Sheya. Like Paula said, it's YOUR choice. :D

Arkán, I was literally thinking of that song when I picked the name Rebirth.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

No matter which name you choose, bear in mind that everyone will still call you Sam :P
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Froggy.

You didn't expect anything else, did you?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Helios wrote:Arkán, I was literally thinking of that song when I picked the name Rebirth.
Is this the first time someone has used the á? O.o
~ Walker in Dreams
Rosy
Cookie Dough

....No, I've been using the á for years.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Haha, Ro, I think Arkán was being sarcastic/satirical rather than seriously asking. Because very few people use the á.

I think I'm going to go with SapphireDreamer. I really love it, I'm not sure why exactly, but I do. I believe I'll have Belle or one of the other admins change it soon. I need to make a set too, hmm.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

What does it mean? What is significant about sapphires?
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Samantha14 wrote:Because Samantha is almost 17 now. ;)
OH... I thought you were older than me! I WIN! :twisted:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

aragtaghooligan wrote:What does it mean? What is significant about sapphires?
One significance could be that it's the color of her eyes.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~