Fun In The Sun

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Fun In The Sun

It's starting to get warm around here and I'm almost done with school in fact only four days. So what do you do in summer what are your favorite things to do in the summer? I like to swim so what do you like to do?
Proud K.R.E Member
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Are video games a valid answer? I beat 12 games last summer. One of them Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Probably my favorite game ever.

As far as summer activities. I like hanging out with friends and talking with them mostly. Can't really think of anything else I do. Nothing physical. :P
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Did you know that exercise is healthy for you? :)

This morning it was so cold and I didn't stop shivering until I stood in front of the fire. I am looking forward to summer so I can be warm again!

In two weeks our church is going to a Camp and I am looking forward to trying out their heated swimming pool. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

I love swimming, soccer, bike rides, taning, going to the beach, water balloon fights, slip and slides, camping.... (can you tell I pretty much live outside during the summer... in fact I'm outside right now :p) I love being outside in the summer warmth!!!

Bhahaha Red!!! You can talk outside :yes: but video games count as a summer activity if that's what you do ;)

Oooh that's awesome lil miss friendship!!! Heated pools are the best!!! I hope you have a blast!
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Swimming, hiking, biking, climbing trees, Boy Scout summer camp, of course that accounts for about .01% of what I do in the summer...the other 99.99% is just chillin'. Doing nothing. At all.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Paula
Peach Cobbler

What do I like to do in the Summer??? Ummmmmmm...Swimming, Shopping at Outlet Malls, Biking, Mountain Biking, playing ghost in the graveyard at night, Hanging with my friends, photoshoots, Water gun fights, water balloons, Big blow up water inflatable thingys[my best friends parents own a company that has a bunch of awesome inflatable/party/zipline/fun things] Summer BBQ's, FAFN, sitting outside [not in the grass...Ugh the bugs...], and last, but not least eating ice-cream in the warmth :D
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

therealpaulajarvis wrote: inflatable/party/zipline/fun things]
Ziplines? You know about ziplines? It's the closest thing to flying! :D They're awesome!
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Emma
Peach Cobbler

Where do I start?! I bike, swim, play kickball, volleyball, (a bunch of other random sports), and once on vacation last year, there was a current in the river/stream that we would jump in and let it carry us down stream.... It was fun. :)
PAULA! YOU ZIP-LINE???!!! NO FAIR!!!! What I mean is that you are blessed and I'm happy for you! ;)
Rosy
Cookie Dough

We had a zip line but the weight destoryed our back deck. =P

My summers aren't much different than any other time of the year. I don't have a set school schedule, so I pretty much do school year-round. I guess the biggest difference is getting to go on longer trips to see my cousins and grandparents.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

One time my brothers and I made a zipline by tying a rope from a tree down to our playset fort thingy. We put a plastic pulley on the rope and then put a stick or something through the pulley. It was about a one second ride with your feet about .5 inches from the ground....definitely a legitimate zipline. :P
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Lol!

My zipline experience was at a lodge at a family reunion. (Anyone know how nerve wracking relatives can be?) And the thing was 10 feet off the ground and took you away....fast. It was heart-stopping the first time, but I was fortunely too proud to let anyone know that, and so I took the ride....else I probably would have been a coward.

Paula
Peach Cobbler

MissFriendship wrote:
therealpaulajarvis wrote: inflatable/party/zipline/fun things]
Ziplines? You know about ziplines? It's the closest thing to flying! :D They're awesome!
Yus I do! :D They're totally like flying...Gets mah adrenaline up *nods*
Sameriazx wrote:Where do I start?! I bike, swim, play kickball, volleyball, (a bunch of other random sports), and once on vacation last year, there was a current in the river/stream that we would jump in and let it carry us down stream.... It was fun. :)
PAULA! YOU ZIP-LINE???!!! NO FAIR!!!! What I mean is that you are blessed and I'm happy for you! ;)
Heh..."A bunch of other random sports" Sameria...
I zip-line :yes: Are you totes jelly?? Also your sarcasm xDDD I was not fooled for one second

Gooey98 wrote:One time my brothers and I made a zipline by tying a rope from a tree down to our playset fort thingy. We put a plastic pulley on the rope and then put a stick or something through the pulley. It was about a one second ride with your feet about .5 inches from the ground....definitely a legitimate zipline. :P
Gooey, that's so awesome...That's something I'd try to do...You know to create thrill xD
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

Besides a fun trip my church youth group takes each year, I pretty much relax the whole summer and do nothing. Who knew 'nothing' could be so much fun? :)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I live in the South, where air is composed primarily of soup in the summer, so I usually don't get out and do much during the day (though I make an exception for the occasional sunbathing expedition out to my front deck). In the morning or late afternoon, though, I love to go out and take walks around the neighborhood. It's nice and quiet, and the weather's just warm enough to be nice without being overbearing.

Inside, though, I usually end up playing some video games (okay, Sonic and LEGO Harry Potter, but they count), making art, and surfing the Internet until my brain starts to flow out of my ears. That'll probably change this summer, though, because I'm planning on getting a job to save up extra money for college next year.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

This summer I'm probably going to do a bit of golf. Maybe shoot my friends with airsoft guns and do "dumb teenager stuff" like my friend wants me to.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Your friends want you to do dumb teenager stuff? like what?
If anyone wants a cool summer activity, try putting a lawn sprinkler (the kind you hook up to a waterhose) under a trampoline - it's really fun!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Hey we do that all the time. Its great!

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Your friends want you to do dumb teenager stuff? like what?
Her exact wording was "dumb teenager stuff." Like running around playing tag in Target. O.o
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Like running around playing tag in Target. O.o
Ha ha! Sounds like something my siblings and I would do. Right, Jay? :) (We have played hide and seek in Walmart) *great opportunity to shock people*

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I'm hoping to go to the pool a couple times this summer, since I love swimming, and I just got a new swimsuit.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~