Cooking/Baking Klub

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

If you don't mind, can you post it?
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
User avatar
Emma
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1410
Joined: August 2014
Location: Procrastinating, to be sure

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Yeah! It's kinda hard to read mom's handwriting....
3 lbs of hamburger
6 eggs
3/4 c. parmesan cheese
1 1/2 c. bread crumbs
3 t. minced garlic or garlic powder
3 T. parsley
1/2 t. pepper
2 t. salt

Oven at 44 degrees, cooks for 30-40 mins. That is all it says. I would write out instructions, but I forgot exactly how, so use your imagination. (Throw it in a bowl, mix it, roll into balls, put on pan, cook) ;)
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Thanks, sassy gurl ;)
I'm going to make this soon...
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mickey
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1367
Joined: June 2014
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Sameriazx wrote:
Wakko wrote:
Sameriazx wrote:Guys first of all it's spelled doughnut.
Actually either way is correct. ;)
Fine. HAVE IT YOUR WAY! :lol:

Family. All of what I bake is family recipes. Ya'll HAVE to have the recipe for my mom's meatballs! They are the BEST!!
I'm gonna post my fav meatball recipe soon. Yours sound good!!
Image
Proud K.R.E Member
User avatar
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3907
Joined: November 2012
Location: I'm A Leo, So Everywhere At Once

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Nelson S. wrote:I baked a cookie once.
I made the dough, but, ya know, whatever.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

So last night I had to improvise a dinner plan. I actually have been having to improvise dinner for quiet some time, but lately it has been getting a bit hard to come up with meals. Anyway I found a container of a bunch of different types of dried rice, and threw it into the rice maker along with half a stick of butter, and water (obviously). I cooked up some chicken to go along with it, and added a can of tomatoes with green chiles to the mixture. Last but certainly not least I whipped together a creamy gravy/sauce and poured it into the rice mixture. So long story short...It was actually pretty good...My family enjoyed it so I'd consider this meal a success!

Have any of you cooks/ bakers had to improvise a meal? Or even a dessert dish?
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
User avatar
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 551
Joined: August 2014
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

therealpaulajarvis wrote:I found a container of a bunch of different types of dried rice, and threw it into the rice maker along with half a stick of butter, and water (obviously). I cooked up some chicken to go along with it, and added a can of tomatoes with green chiles to the mixture. Last but certainly not least I whipped together a creamy gravy/sauce and poured it into the rice mixture.
Wow, that actually sounds really really good
Image
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Gooey98 wrote:
therealpaulajarvis wrote:I found a container of a bunch of different types of dried rice, and threw it into the rice maker along with half a stick of butter, and water (obviously). I cooked up some chicken to go along with it, and added a can of tomatoes with green chiles to the mixture. Last but certainly not least I whipped together a creamy gravy/sauce and poured it into the rice mixture.
Wow, that actually sounds really really good
Yay! My career as a cook lives!!!! But for reals, thanks Gooey ;)
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 736
Joined: November 2012

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Bethany Shepard wrote:
Nelson S. wrote:I baked a cookie once.
I made the dough, but, ya know, whatever.
Upon reading this I almost died from laughter!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr. Red I'm actually quite impressed! I have a friend who only knows how to make a bowl of cereal!


Paula I made a throw it together soup and salad. The soup was inspired by French onion soup but with chicken and bacon and no cheese or bread. The salad all started with grapes, lettuce and nuts. My family has asked me to make it 3 times this week now O.O :blink: I've also decided to start writing a cook book/kitchen tips. ^_^
Also my youth group had a cupcake wars type thing (I won twice in a row against cooks/bakers who were double my age!!! ^_^ It was soooooooo much fun and I had a great team! They both told me they had never made cupcakes hahaha they were amazing and the guy on my team ended up being the best player on our team!!! xD he kept us laughing and was amazing at decorating the cupcakes!!! O_O) anywho we made Jalapeno, bacon and cheese cupcakes. Inspired by Texas/Mexico. We had to bake a boxed cake we did chocolate and cherry cake. Inspired by chocolate over cherries. It was a lot of fun!!! (Those were our winning cupcakes)

Anyone have any crazy baking/cooking stories??? I once burnt PB and J... (hahaha want to here that story???)

Hahaha Stella don't worry about setting the smoke alarm off... My mum used to set it off soooo much we have this joke that it's just the dinner bell!!! :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

NinjaThrowingStar wrote: Paula I made a throw it together soup and salad. The soup was inspired by French onion soup but with chicken and bacon and no cheese or bread. The salad all started with grapes, lettuce and nuts. My family has asked me to make it 3 times this week now O.O :blink: I've also decided to start writing a cook book/kitchen tips. ^_^
Also my youth group had a cupcake wars type thing (I won twice in a row against cooks/bakers who were double my age!!! ^_^ It was soooooooo much fun and I had a great team! They both told me they had never made cupcakes hahaha they were amazing and the guy on my team ended up being the best player on our team!!! xD he kept us laughing and was amazing at decorating the cupcakes!!! O_O) anywho we made Jalapeno, bacon and cheese cupcakes. Inspired by Texas/Mexico. We had to bake a boxed cake we did chocolate and cherry cake. Inspired by chocolate over cherries. It was a lot of fun!!! (Those were our winning cupcakes)

Anyone have any crazy baking/cooking stories??? I once burnt PB and J... (hahaha want to here that story???)
Soup and Salad is da best.<period...That sounds really good! And that's really cool that you could make it again!! The recipes I've been improvising on, I probably wont be able to make again, but HEY...I might be able to do it!
Image
Are you going to make a cook book?!?!?! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I would LOOOOVE to read it!! :D
:yes: Cupcake Wars are FUN. Was the Jalapeno, bacon, and cheese cupcake good?

Yes. I want to hear all of your crazy baking/cooking stories. Who wouldn't???
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
User avatar
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1340
Joined: December 2013
Location: Odyssey USA!

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Hahaha Stella don't worry about setting the smoke alarm off... My mum used to set it off soooo much we have this joke that it's just the dinner bell!!! :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
Our smoke alarm doesn't go off, but almost every time we fry bacon or sausages the kitchen gets all hazy -- it's like stage fog effects! :D
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
User avatar
Paula
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1255
Joined: January 2015
Location: A Time Hollow
Contact:

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
NinjaThrowingStar wrote:Hahaha Stella don't worry about setting the smoke alarm off... My mum used to set it off soooo much we have this joke that it's just the dinner bell!!! :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
Our smoke alarm doesn't go off, but almost every time we fry bacon or sausages the kitchen gets all hazy -- it's like stage fog effects! :D
EXCEPT IT'S....FREEEEE!!! K I'm done. *sits in the corner*
Image
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 211
Joined: November 2014

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

I like to cook, but I absolutely love to bake cookies and other desserts! :P
Image
Mickey
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1367
Joined: June 2014
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

OK I love this recipe and so does my dad so....
Take croissants homemade or bought then rub them with butter sprinkle on chocolate chips. Roll up and put in the oven 350 degrees for maybe 10 min you probably should watch them though I'm not sure quite how long!
Image
Proud K.R.E Member
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 211
Joined: November 2014

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Vogue wrote:OK I love this recipe and so does my dad so....
Take croissants homemade or bought then rub them with butter sprinkle on chocolate chips. Roll up and put in the oven 350 degrees for maybe 10 min you probably should watch them though I'm not sure quite how long!
Sounds yummy.

My family makes a treat almost every Easter. I don't know the exact recipe, but we buy pillsbury canned biscuits, then we wrap them around a marshmallow, then we bake them. When they come out, it looks like a big circle, but the inside is empty. The marshmallow melted into the biscuit. We make them for Easter because it kinda symbolizes that tomb was empty once Christ rose. They taste really good. And if I remember correctly, sometimes we dip them in melted chocolate. Yum!
Image
sing
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 607
Joined: November 2012
Location: Narnia

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

You guys need to try grilled pb&j! I know it sounds nasty, but it is d bomb! Just butter the outside of your pb&j, throw in the frying pan. Fry on low/medium and once the first side is golden brown flip it and fry till the other side is golden brown. Then also it on your plate, dump some maple syrup on top, and enjoy! I usually eat it with a fork.
it Has to be the most unhealthy thing on planet earth. But that's ok cuz I hardly ever have it.

-- Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:52 am --

You guys need to try grilled pb&j! I know it sounds nasty, but it is d bomb! Just butter the outside of your pb&j, throw in the frying pan. Fry on low/medium and once the first side is golden brown flip it and fry till the other side is golden brown. Then also it on your plate, dump some maple syrup on top, and enjoy! I usually eat it with a fork.
it Has to be the most unhealthy thing on planet earth. But that's ok cuz I hardly ever have it.
Image


Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios


Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Mickey
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1367
Joined: June 2014
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

KBW that sounds heavenly!

Sing that almost sounds good!

Anther good recipe is to make or buy pizza dough then put pepperoni and pizza sauce inside and bake them! Yummy!
Image
Proud K.R.E Member
User avatar
Emma
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1410
Joined: August 2014
Location: Procrastinating, to be sure

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

Ooooo! Ya'll are making me hungry. And I just ate.
User avatar
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3907
Joined: November 2012
Location: I'm A Leo, So Everywhere At Once

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

My family used to be 7th Day Adventist. So, we were vegetarian (not super strictly, just at home). We used to make Cottage Cheese Patties.
Image
Ok! It sounds really gross, but I guarantee it's good. :) (we tricked our friends by not telling them what they were. They liked them!) You put mushroom soup on them like gravy.

I know what I'm making for dinner, now. :mrgreen:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
User avatar
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1491
Joined: August 2014
Location: odyssey.chat

Re: Cooking/Baking Klub

Post

THESE. ARE THE BEST
https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/ ... m-cookies/

Ohh ohh so awesome.
Image
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Post Reply