NARNIA!!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

NarniaQA Guy wrote:Yep. The best selling (.) is the Bible
Where did these facts come from? Did you hear it from a friend? See a chart? Saw it on a website?
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

Heard it from my pastor, he is a PHD and wrote one of his papers on C.S. Lewis. Also the Internet helps.
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

NarniaQA Guy wrote:Heard it from my pastor, he is a PHD and wrote one of his papers on C.S. Lewis. Also the Internet helps.
Cool. I never knew that...
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Which is your favourite Narnia movie. Discuss.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

The first one was pretty awesome. Then they went down from there.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

So you did! Kudos, Kaida. The Dawn Treader didn't have all that impressive sets and such, perhaps, but it was still pretty spectacular. As for Georgie Henley, I adore every second of her acting. I'm not really all that tasted in acting, but Georgie always blows me away with her grace, charm, occasional slight goofiness, and... well, that she IS, practically just IS Lucy. And, yes, Will Poulter, amazed, especially considering he was a first-timer.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Pound Foolish wrote:So you did! Kudos, Kaida. The Dawn Treader didn't have all that impressive sets and such, perhaps, but it was still pretty spectacular. As for Georgie Henley, I adore every second of her acting. I'm not really all that tasted in acting, but Georgie always blows me away with her grace, charm, occasional slight goofiness, and... well, that she IS, practically just IS Lucy. And, yes, Will Poulter, amazed, especially considering he was a first-timer.
WOW some one has a crush on Lucy ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) jk :lol:
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Cool! Who is it? What... me? Geez, no. I'm a little out of Georgie's age-range. Although one person I know who's just a little bit older than her... um, never mind.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

To fully explain what I think of the movies, I will quote a post that I made on CC:
The Court Jester wrote:
Anyone who has read Prince Caspian would know what a horrific job they did with that movie. Ugh.

So I guess my fav is the first one.
I agree. They made Prince Caspian really snotty, and they never attacked the castle (which ended up being a total failure in the movie, anyway) I love how they stuck to the book on the first one, adding only what was needed to explain the movie or make it a bit funnier.

I haven't watched the movie in forever, because I hated it, but in the books, Prince Caspian lets King Peter take over, because he was the high king. I really don't think them fighting was all that necessary to the movie! In the books, Prince Caspian shows respect to Peter, instead of going "I'm in charge cause I started this army and you're so annoying and I'm gonna storm off now and almost bring the white witch back to life!" All while at the same time, acting all lovey about Susan. (another part that I didn't like)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I likes the first one the best, with all the animals and forest and stuff. It show the true Narnia.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
EPPD
Strawberry

I definitely like the Lion the witch and the wardrobe....hmm but i didn't care for Prince Caspian either is was just too confusing and not very exciting.
I Love Adventures in Odyssey!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

[quote="T.S. (myself)"]You're right about the quality of the movies. The first two were really good, and you could tell a lot had been put into them.

My favorite was The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe. I would give it a B+, Prince Caspian a C+, and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader a C. I felt like the on the last two they just took a summary of the book, kept the characters and location, and then rewrote an entire new script with some faint knowledge of what the book was like.

Going a little deeper, I felt like the writers of TLTWTW enhanced the script, to better fit what C.S. Lewis wrote. He left a lot of room for the imagination. He described some things so wonderfully, but left other relatively untouched. So when they went to make the book into a movie, they had to expand on the tree spirits, the witch's army, and the scene of the battle. They did quite well with this, but I still think the books are incomparably better. If they ever make a movie out of the Last Battle, I will utterly refuse to see it. Maybe if I have time, I will watch it on my deathbed so I won't have to deal with any long term effects of the movie.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

So, I like the first movie best. And, since we are mentioning crushes, both Peter and Prince Caspian are cute.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

To Godssirl6053: If we are talking about the Disney version, you're right! Caspian and Peter are cute.
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

My favorite character (next to Aslan and Reep) is Rhindon, and I thought they did awesome with him
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Pound Foolish wrote:Cool! Who is it? What... me? Geez, no. I'm a little out of Georgie's age-range. Although one person I know who's just a little bit older than her... um, never mind.
Actually Georgie turned 17 on July 9th. Didnt you say you were 17?
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

My fav is definitively the first one! My next would be The Dawn Treader ( love the book for that one!). Has anyone seen all the movies in theater???? I only saw Prince Caspian and The Dawn Treader -_-...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I have only seen The L, W, & W, (which I saw several years ago) and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I preferred Dawn Treader, and I'm looking forward to watching The Silver Chair, and, particularly, (since I actually read the book for once) The Magician's Nephew when they come out.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I have only seen The L, W, & W, (which I saw several years ago) and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I preferred Dawn Treader, and I'm looking forward to watching The Silver Chair, and, particularly, (since I actually read the book for once) The Magician's Nephew when they come out.
I can't wait for the Magicians Nephew because it was by far the best book
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

really??? that one's my least favorite! I always thought The Magicians Nephew was kinda boring -_-... But that's just my personal opinion. Now the Silver Chair on the other hand, i love that book!