Talent Shows

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Talent shows

I hate them
9%
Overrated
18%
I enjoy watching them sometimes
55%
I Love them!
9%
I AM OBSESSED
9%

Total votes: 11

GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Talent Shows

The voice. X Factor. America's got talent. A host of others. All talent shows, that allow you to audition for a panel of judges, who will tell you if you were great, or sounded like a dying moose. There are quite a few celebrities who have become famous from these types of shows. Such as:

One Direction

Little Mix

Kelly Clarkson

Susan Boyle

Kellie Pickler

Carrie Underwood

Cher Lloyd

Leona Lewis

And so many others. What do you think of these shows?
I think they're kind of cool, to be honest. I enjoy watching them, from time to time, and Simon Cowell has the most beautiful smile EVER. I will be honest, I have tossed around the idea of auditioning for one myself, but of course, there is always the danger of
Go and look up Simon Cowell Best Insults and you'll see why
Simon Cowell and all his wrath. That guy knows how to cook up insults.
I also enjoy seeing young, new, mind blowing talent from auditionees such as Frankie Cocozza, Rion Paige, and Charlotte and Jonathan.
I really want to know your opinions on this \:D/
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I love AGT, BGT, XF UK, and XF USA. I was never into the American Idol or the Voice tho... maybe it was bc I didn't like the judging panel at the time xD I loved the last season of XF UK bc of the judging panel. I adore Gary Barlow, and him with Nicole was perfect. Also I love Sharon and Louis together. The four of them made the perfect panel. And I'm SO SAD they canceled XF USA, although I understand why. Simon and Demi were SO FUNNY. I love how she always called him grandpa xD
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm not a fan; I don't like vicarious embarrassment, and I can't watch people get humiliated like some of the bad singers who try their best and get ripped apart. =/ They remind me weirdly of the Hunger Games, in the sense that they use harm to another person as entertainment. That kind of ruins the effect of whatever good singers appear on the shows, at least for me.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I don't really care for them. I watch them when there is nothing decent on tv and there are a few decent singers.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I like Americas got talent! It's so cool!
Proud K.R.E Member
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Meh. They're all so fake. I can deal with one or two episodes, but no more.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Likes Audrey's post*
Reality tv is not reality.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

The only time I watch them is when I watch those "worst audition ever" videos on youtube.
Wakko
Pistachio

The only one I really like is the Voice.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Mr. Whit's End wrote:The only time I watch them is when I watch those "worst audition ever" videos on youtube.
Those are pure GOLD
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I like them. Sometimes I watch them. I'm not real into them or anything. I do happen to be listening to Odyssey Sings! at the moment. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

gablerbage8 wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:The only time I watch them is when I watch those "worst audition ever" videos on youtube.
Those are pure GOLD
Britain's got Talent and the X-Factor take the cake for funniest so far, i think.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
gablerbage8 wrote:
Those are pure GOLD
Britain's got Talent and the X-Factor take the cake for funniest so far, i think.
BGT because of David, and XF because of Demi and Simon. xD
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:I'm not a fan; I don't like vicarious embarrassment, and I can't watch people get humiliated like some of the bad singers who try their best and get ripped apart. =/ They remind me weirdly of the Hunger Games, in the sense that they use harm to another person as entertainment. That kind of ruins the effect of whatever good singers appear on the shows, at least for me.
Tiger, one show where that doesn't happen is the Voice. All of the singers (that I've seen) that audition are at least somewhat competent, and that makes it more realistic. Most of the singers that are turned down are encouraged to work harder and come back next year.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, I've heard good things about the Voice. I like the mentoring aspect of it, too. It seems like a more positive environment than, say, American Idol.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love