VeggieTales

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I think I care just enough
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You all care way too much about a cartoon
That was hilarious. The way you broke in out of the blue, and how concise and right you were.

Yes, Good Dr. You are indeed right. We care too much and proud we are of it!
Well, guess what. Your lives are about to be ruined.
Ruined. Psh. You're over-dramatic.
ImageMy life is ruined!

The newer veggietales are great. They have their occasional forgettable episodes, but mostly great. I really enjoy Veggies in Space, for example. The allusions to the earlier episodes, and the funny gags, the imagination, and of course, the robot. Everyone loves an annoyingly cute robot. (Well, not everyone. I do.)

I'm curious. The characters still have their right looks on the official Veggie Tales site. Plus, they just released Celery Night Fever. (Khalil! Yay!) So maybe the real veggie tales will continue? HOPEFULLY!?

Their new looks are... okay. Sort of. Jimmy, Jerry and Larry all look like morons, though. To be honest, I'm relieved by Junior's new look. (Was anyone else deeply disturbed as a kid by that asparagus' head?) Black eyebrows suit Bob's persona. Petunia looks great, and I'm glad the series has her. She's a newer character and could be considered dispensable.

But the overall animation of the theme song! I mean, the sets are sparse, it's kiddish and minimalistic. With original Veggie Tales, they never used the character Esther again because it was so much work getting her hair just right and moving it realistically. So then they invented Petunia and put her hair in an eternal braid. Now, here she is with her hair down, which looks great. But it's just an unmoving blob of red play-dough.
But this show doesn't have the budget or loving hand-crafted-ness. This is just another cranked out kiddie show. The animation is reminiscent of those new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoons.

The original Veggie Tales could at times compared to Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, MLP and perhaps even Loony Toons. Veggie Tales took kids and their mission seriously. This is, in appearance, is just another cheap baby show off the mill.

And what if the gags and plots follow suit? Will they be cranked out and effortless like the animation? And if they keep the Christian message, will it be too clumsy and cutesy?

In other words, will this be like the new 3-2-1 Penguins? Please don't be like the new 3-2-1 Penguins!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I love Veggie Tales. I still watch Veggie Tales even though I'm 16. I told my mom a week ago that I wanted 'King George and the Duckie' on DvD for Christmas. :geek: Them VHS's, though.

I'm very disappointed that they changed the animation, but not surprised. To me, Veggie Tales had been going down hill since 'Sweetpea Beauty.'
ImageImageIt kinda hurts to look at the animation. The whole episode is like that...
Since that Veggie, almost all of them have been about self worth and love (which are good things, don't get me wrong, but already overused.). Also, repeating all the old themes.

Also, since that Veggie Tales, the humor has gone down hill. Like in Little Joe, there's a Beetles reference that I didn't get til a month ago. (Oh, how we miss your direction Phil Vischer!)

I guess what I'm saying is, Veggie Tales is just another babysitter like the rest of 'em, now. Lost in the crowd.

Y'all can debate all you want over this, but that's all I've got to say. *waves*
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

And we're creeped out by you... *cough*
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Arggggg that's SCARY!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Wakko
Pistachio

A few updates on this:
First, according to the FAQ site they will be using the new animation style in the DVDs. Starting with Noah's Ark coming Spring of next year, which is the next video as far as I know. The last video with the old animation style was just released.
Second, they're making what I thought they'd never do, a Noah's Ark story. \:D/ The reason I find this so interesting is that before the new animation style came in, Big Idea said they could never do Noah's Ark because it'd be too complex. So, with this new animation style, they'll be able to do things they couldn't do before.
Third, they have officially released the trailer for VeggieTales in the House.
This trailer is mostly just the theme song that was leaked, with some new footage. Also, I watched though the trailer once, and looked at the comments. I saw comments saying that Junior's voice had changed, and it has. O.o It sounds very interesting.
Overall I'm quite excited for this new series/animation style, other then Junior's new voice. :P
This has concluded The VeggieTales News Network special. =p
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Is it just me, or is there a lot of vegetables crashing into things?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wakko
Pistachio

There is lots of vegetables crashing into things. =p Phil Vischer said that the direction with this show is slightly more cartoony, which includes there being some slapstick humor.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Prays they don't get horrible*
Been soo long. To long.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... Veggie tales as a horror movie. It's not a bad idea. ;)

I will say that I actually find a lot of the older episodes to be hilarious, even if I haven't seen them in forever. I will agree that the show seemed to get progressively worse as it went along. As a side note, I met the guy who wrote "King George and the Rubber Ducky" and co-created Larry Boy (well, I met him 20 feet away, at least).
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

They look so creepy and...goofy! A little too goofy for me.

I wonder who is playing the new Junior, or if Mrs.Vischer is just changing her voice. Hmm....
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Personally, I prefer the old theme song, but that animation is top-notch. I like it. \:D/ The characters are so expressive and lively—not that they weren't before, but this kicks it up a bit. I probably won't be watching it, but I think the new designs are fine. People need to give them a chance before writing them off as "creepy"...after all, they're talking vegetables; there's only so much warding-off you can do against looking creepy.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

truAIOfan wrote:They look so creepy and...goofy! A little too goofy for me.

I wonder who is playing the new Junior, or if Mrs.Vischer is just changing her voice. Hmm....
Wait... Junior is a her? O.o This is certainly a news flash for the Ducky. What's with the baseball cap then?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Woody
Cookies & Creme

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:
truAIOfan wrote:They look so creepy and...goofy! A little too goofy for me.

Wait... Junior is a her? O.o This is certainly a news flash for the Ducky. What's with the baseball cap then?
No, Junior is not a her, but he has long been voiced by Lisa Vischer, Phil Vischer's wife. ;)

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Some friends of ours said they were sad Phil was messing up Veggie Tales. The hair on the back of my neck popped up and I went all Galadriel on them
The new veggie show is on Netflix if anyone has it and wants to watch it. :ugeek:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I just watched them on Netflix. You should hear Jr.'s voice it is horrible! Is the world ending? Ha! Just kidding I'm overdramatic sometimes
Proud K.R.E Member
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Wow, thanks for ruining my childhood Big Idea. You guys are the best! :roll: :(
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Exactly! You have to see it to believe. I mean if I didn't already know Veggie Tales and didn't grow up with them...
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Just wondering: is the complaint over the redesigns, or over the content of the show itself? Because if the shows themselves have retained their quality, then I don't get the furor over it.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Of I understand your question you want to if the content is basically the same or if we are complaining about the redesign. Your answer is both.

Content: They live in a tiny town inside a normal size house, weird. They have a beaty theme song. They have just basic life lessons you know sharing kindness that sort of thing, don't get me wrong there good lessons bit not bible stories. And Bob acts like Larry most of the time.

Redesign: The characters are shiny. And some have new weird voices.

So that is what I think.
Proud K.R.E Member