VeggieTales

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

John Henry wrote:I know that Clubhouse Magazine releases VeggieTales stories.
No, they don't. I've been getting Clubhouse for 4-5 years and I can't remember seeing a single Veggie Tales story.

I also have to say, I much prefer the Old Veggie Tales to the newer stuff they're putting out. It's not bad, per say, but it's much more geared at younger audiences and not as funny.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I think people are getting caught up on the wrong thing what you need to be asking yourself is if the message of the show will change now that Dreamworks is writing the stories.
It's been under Dreamworks for a while now. And, I have noticed the stories changing more to be spoofs on pop culture things than Bible stories, and a couple stories that were the exact story line, just different details.

I'm also not saying VeggieTales was perfect. You should read Phil Vischer's book, "Me, Myself, and Bob", and see his view on it, looking back. I much prefer his newer things, like What's in the Bible.
underseasie wrote:
John Henry wrote:I know that Clubhouse Magazine releases VeggieTales stories.
No, they don't. I've been getting Clubhouse for 4-5 years and I can't remember seeing a single Veggie Tales story.
As a family, we've been getting Clubhouse since '03. No Veggietales stories to date.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wakko
Pistachio

Is there VT stories in Clubhouse Jr. maybe?
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

underseasie wrote:I also have to say, I much prefer the Old Veggie Tales to the newer stuff they're putting out. It's not bad, per say, but it's much more geared at younger audiences and not as funny.
Micky wrote:No no no, they look weird. Ugggg :evil:
NOOOOOO!!
That is not VeggieTales! They look so different!

I agree with you underseasie, I like the older ones better. They seemed to do more Bible stories then, too.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

What. This is such depressing news... D: I loved VeggieTales. The new crew better keep the message the same though. It'd be sad to watch it go down hill.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

That's....Disgusting. D: I'm not happy about that.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whale, they released the final image...and honestly, they're growing on me..
They're actually pretty cute, I love the style they went with...but I think I'd feel better if they weren't replacing the regular veggies....
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

They changed the eyes, that's it
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

This style is so sleek. Artistically speaking, I love it. \:D/ Other than Laura's lower eyelids, though. Not sure what's up with that.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eleventh Doctor wrote:They changed the eyes, that's it
They did change more than that..the mouths are different, they have different textures on their body, and Laura is completely different..
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

They look kind of weird. I don't like the whole VeggieTales in the house thing.
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Wakko
Pistachio

gabbygirl17 wrote:What. This is such depressing news... D: I loved VeggieTales. The new crew better keep the message the same though. It'd be sad to watch it go down hill.
It's not different people making them now, all it is, is redesigned characters. >.> They are bringing on a few new people to write for Veggies in the House who are really good writers. \:D/ Also new designs are really growing on me.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

They're kinda cute but I still am not sure how I feel about them being remade...*sigh*

On another note, what's up with Jimmy?
Staring into nothingness..
Madame Blueberry and Laura look kinda... sleep deprived.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Wakko
Pistachio

The rest of them look nice, but Jimmy bothers me. xD
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

They do look better to me now. I'm not a fan of the eyes, but they're more appealing. Bob doesn't look as washed out in that picture. I'm pretty sure Laura is sick. =p

On another note, please don't post things like
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
It's understandable that you're upset with the new design :P, but it makes everything look more cluttered and hard to read.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Ooooh, VeggieTales is now being produced by Doug TenNepal, a pretty cool guy, even though I'm not familiar with his work, he was interviewed on the Phil Vischer podcast, and sounds like a neat guy:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152698874870491
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Wakko wrote:
What the actual heck HAPPENED

Oh look.

My life is ruined.
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

WUTT?! NO.WAY.

I don't understand why this was even necessary!

Excuse me while I weep the night away.
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You all care way too much about a cartoon
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eleventh Doctor wrote:You all care way too much about a cartoon
And you, sir, don't care enough.