Star Trek

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Favourite Star Trek

The original Star Trek
25%
The Next Generation
50%
Neither
25%

Total votes: 8

truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Star Trek

Hi, truAIOfan speaking! :lol:

How many people like Star Trek? And which ones do you like better? Do you like the original Star Trek with Captain Kirk, or do you prefer the Next Generation?

I personally like both. While the next Generation isn't too bad, I still like the original Star Trek.

What do you all think?
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I own Star Trek into Darkness. It's pretty good!
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love Star Trek! I grew up on it. I like the Original Series best, because it's the one Mom always watched when I was little. It's in my blood. :) I watched Next Generation later, and then Voyager, Enterprise and Deep Space Nine. I've also seen all the movies.

I like the new movies too; I'm glad they went back to the Original Series to do them. And I'm eagerly awaiting the next sequel!

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

I watch a station that has the original Star Trek every Saturday night. I like the older ones. The thing I don't like about Captain Kirk, is that he is always angry. He gets riled up for every little thing. Captain Piccard doesn't. That is why I like the Next Generation better. Piccard is calmer, and seems to be in perfect control.

I like Mr.Spock, and McCoy (sorry if I spelled this name wrong) on the original show. But I also like Data and Riker on the next generation. They are all good characters.

On the original Star Trek, I have noticed that whenever the landing party goes down it usually includes the captian, first officer, and doctor. What happens if all 3 get killed? On the Next Generation it is usually Riker and Data, but very rarely does the captain go down unless it is safe.

What are your favorite characters, or episodes?
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Hm, I don't see Kirk as angry, just passionate. I actually like that, and I like the fact that the main trio goes down all the time, even though it doesn't make as much sense for both the captain and first officer to be in danger. But I like the action.
Kirk, Spock, Data and Picard are probably my favorite characters. Also Seven, Janeway and B'elanna on Voyager. But I hate to play favorites, I like all of them.

truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

I like how Spock and McCoy( I probably spelled it wrong again:lol:!) always get on each other's nerves, and it usally ends with Spock going "That is not logical."

I also like that in the Next Generation there is a regular kid(Wesley)at least in the first season.

Do you have a favorite episode?
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

One that sticks in my mind (because I saw it so many times, because that's the one Mom always watched) is Shore Leave. The one where they see things on the planet they go to made from their imagination. Some others are Dagger of the Mind, Squire of Gothos, Devil in the Dark, Journey to Babel, The Trouble With Tribbles, and Patterns of Force. I like a lot more, though, of course. It's harder to pick from the other series because there's so many more episodes.

truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

On the original Star Trek I liked the Trouble With Tribbles, too. They were like big fur balls! :) I might have seen the Babel one recently.

I haven't seen Voyager, Enterprise, or Deep Space Nine. Are they good? I also heard that Worf from the Next Generation was on one of those.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I want a tribble!

The others are good--I think I like Voyager the best of those, because it's about adventure and exploration of an unknown quadrant. And I like the characters. I like that Deep Space Nine has--or gets to have--a storyline that carries through to the finale. Enterprise I didn't get into as much, but by the final season--when they canceled it--they had some really good episodes. I like the Andorians (blue guys).

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I love the original series and the new movie. Never seen The Next Generation.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I love the original series and the new movie. Never seen The Next Generation.
Have you seen the older movies?

Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Ameraka wrote:I want a tribble!
Ha, my brother got a tribble in his LootCrate, it had this cute little cage that said "Don't let the tribble out" (or something like that)

I've mainly watched Next Gen ( a lot of it), a few of the Original series, and the two newest movies. I consider myself a fan, but I'm not the most knowledgeable about the series.

I had a very good day in class today. Here's why:
In class, we were playing this game, and it was my teacher's turn. He asked "What does the T stand for in James T. Kirk" And I am very proud to say that out of a class of 29, I was the only person that knew it was Tiberius. (besides my Science teacher)
A very proud moment of my life.