The Court of 11th Doctor Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

*approaches the Satiness Throne*

My lord, I am making a formal request that the official Debate Vampire dessert be cupcakes. May it be so?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote: My lord, I am making a formal request that the official Debate Vampire dessert be cupcakes. May it be so?
Ew. Why cupcakes?

We need something sophisticated, like macarons.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
jehoshaphat
Cookies & Creme

Or ice cream. Everyone likes ice cream and ice cream can be very dignified. Or gelato, which is an even more sophisticated ice cream.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I was thinking cupcakes because of the "Do you believe Jesus died for your sins" thread, the greatest thread of the ToO of all time.

What about macaroon cupcakes or ice cream cupcakes?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I say we go for gelato. Who doesn't love a good gelato?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

How about Parfaits! EVERYONE likes parfaits. Have you ever met a person and you say "Hey, let's get some parfaits," and they say, ”Hockeysticks no I don't like no parfaits.” Parfaits are delicious. Parfaits may be the most delicious thing on the whole entire planet.
xo eht haiasi-
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Isaiah the Ox wrote:How about Parfaits! EVERYONE likes parfaits. Have you ever met a person and you say "Hey, let's get some parfaits," and they say, ”Hockeysticks no I don't like no parfaits.” Parfaits are delicious. Parfaits may be the most delicious thing on the whole entire planet.
A+ use of a Shrek quote.

I too love gelato. Mmmm.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

There is no need for an official desert, we are debate vampires not bakers.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Eleventh Doctor wrote:There is no need for an official desert, we are debate vampires not bakers.
*coughs* May unimportant MF approach your most excellent majesty of the smug debate vampires?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You may
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Vampires survive on blood. Why are you so brutal and cold as to refuse us a dessert? Not even a blood dessert?

*flaps wings moodily*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Let them suck blood, we are not hipster millennials who survive on artisan cupcakes

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Does my opinion matter? Am I allowed to bring up some valid questions about the moral undertakings of your court?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Eleventh Doctor wrote:Let them suck blood, we are not hipster millennials who survive on artisan cupcakes
We aren't? :anxious:

*throws away the artisan cupcakes*
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Eleventh Doctor wrote:not hipster millennials
/me dies ALL YA'LL are hipster millennials. xD Stereotypical ones at that. :lol: :lol:
xo eht haiasi-
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

You may speak and I will listen

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How is the idea of debate vampires justified on a forum where they could potentially take away from AIO discussion?

Why is the SS ruled by moody mods who like certain people and look down on the "off topic posters"? Is favoritism good?

Why are all conservative posters considered trolls and the liberals respected as kings/queens?

Also why do debate vampires only demand sources when they disagree with a point of view?

Is debate vampire pride a flaw?

*bows*

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Miss Friendship wrote:How is the idea of debate vampires justified on a forum where they could potentially take away from AIO discussion?
People will post where they will post
Why is the SS ruled by moody mods who like certain people and look down on the "off topic posters"? Is favoritism good?
The mods of SS are not moody. Off topic posts are moved or merged for order's sake. Favoritism isn't good.
Why are all conservative posters considered trolls and the liberals respected as kings/queens?
That is not the case
Also why do debate vampires only demand sources when they disagree with a point of view?
I demand sources all the time
Is debate vampire pride a flaw?
Yes

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I be to differ. If you agree with a point, you don't demand sources. And often if you don't agree with what the source says, it is unreliable.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

True, if there is agreement between the people debating I don't demand a source because there's no reason since there's no disagreement.

I often say sources are unreliable because there are many unreliable sources, would it help if I provided criteria for what is a credible source here so it isn't subjective?