Disney's Big Hero 6 - SPOILERS!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Disney's Big Hero 6 - SPOILERS!

Disney's Big Hero 6. I discovered the trailer for this by chance and really like its promise. After some examination of the facts, I realized it was parodying everything Japanese, which is hysterical.
I knew right away that I loved the hippie - ski-cap guy, and than I watched the trailer a second time, and realized something. (Watch trailer first.)
Both the voice, and clearly the character, are Tuffnut from How to Train Your Dragon.

I think this will be a real fun movie, and, knowing the tastes of numerous members on here, I submitted this for your attention.
~ Walker in Dreams
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm actually pretty excited for this. I know a lot of people are annoyed for many reasons, important or otherwise, but I'm looking forward to it.
Arkán Dreamwalker wrote:Both the voice, and clearly the character, are Tuffnut from How to Train Your Dragon.
When I found out that T.J. Miller was voicing Fred, I thought it was pretty awesome, and then I saw the trailer and couldn't help but picture a blond Viking instead.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why are people annoyed? I am very much looking forward to seeing this.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

BIGHERO6BIGHERO6BIGHERO6.

AHHHHTHEFEELS. ANDIHAVENTEVENSEENITYET.

OMIGASH. *FEELSOVERLOADHEARTEXPLODE*

ahem. srsy tht mv3 tho. I am fangirling so freaking hard I can't even see straight. The scenery, drama, loss and love, total nerdom... all topped off with a warm, fluffy, inflatable, huggable, lovable, marshmallow-like robot named baymax.

I.am.dying.

I'm going to see the local premiere of BH6 tomorrow and I flippin.cant.wait. I think I might be even more obsessed with it than Frozen. AND DO YOU EVEN COMPREHEND HOW PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE THAT IS PEOPLE.

Gosh I'm excited.

In other news, I turn 16 in, now that it's after midnight, 21 days ;D

-- Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 am --

...I thought I was in random chat... oops. um. can someone move my post..? I kinda cant on my dsi... oops. well. thats awkward. and embarrassing. so. yeah.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm going to see it on Friday when it comes out! I'm so excited! :D
Last edited by TigerShadow on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Okay, after a bit of trouble, I managed to move your posts to the old Big Hero 6 topic.

But I am so excited to see it, though I don't know if I'll be able to watch it in theaters. :( *sadness*
Has anyone bought the soundtrack? I was thinking about getting it...
꿈. 희망. 전진.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I thought it looked a bit odd at first, but after watching a longer trailer, I am definitely looking forward to seeing it. I second Eleventh Doctor's question. Why are people annoyed?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

My guess is a few people are upset that it is a CGI film, and not 2D animation. I have come across people who hate that Disney is using mostly 3D instead of 2D now, though much if that dislike is directed toward Frozen.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

A couple of my friends and I are planning on seeing it on Friday, and I can't wait. :D

Kaida thinks I look like Honey Lemon..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

It actually doesn't look that interesting to me. :P As my friend dad put it, "It pretty much looks like Wall-e and How to Train Your Dragon put together." That made me laugh.

But, I don't know. Maybe it'll be great. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I thought it looked a bit odd at first, but after watching a longer trailer, I am definitely looking forward to seeing it. I second Eleventh Doctor's question. Why are people annoyed?
I think a lot of people got irritated that the cast is no longer all-Japanese, and there was some uproar when the official character designs were released as people complained about all of Disney's female characters having the same face—basically, all the same issues people had with Frozen are being projected onto BH6. =/
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Oh... okay. Doesn't make much sense to me, but people are people. :roll:
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I'm super excited! :D I'm hoping to see it the day of, but you never know. d=
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Wakko
Pistachio

I'm probably going to see it today. \:D/
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I went to see Big Hero 6 yesterday, and it was amazing!

The animation, the music, the story.

Yes. Go see it. You know you want to.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wakko
Pistachio

Oh my goodness. This movie was so good, highly recommended. Go see it now! :x All the characters were good (excluding Fred, who got on my nerves slightly.) As Belle said, the animation, story, and music were also all good. I'm definitely going to buy it once it comes out! \:D/
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Music? It's not a musical, is it? Big Hero 6 looks sort of interesting, and I might see it.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's not a musical. I believe Belle and Wakko are referring to the background music (as well as, possibly, Fall Out Boy's "Immortals", which plays over both the supersuit creation montage and the credits and is absolutely awesome \:D/ ).

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. BH6 was absolutely incredible. The story is top-notch, the characters are so real, the animation is so on-point, and the EMOTIONAL TORQUE. GAH, THE EMOTIONAL TORQUE.

Even though it probably won't show it in box office numbers, BH6 is better than Frozen, hands down, and I say that as someone who loved Frozen. Everyone on here GO SEE IT. It's so worth the price of admission.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

OMGOSH IKRIGHT. I freaking loved this movie so much. but, as Tiger said (paraphrased) THE FEELS. GAH. THE FEELS. I cried so much oh my gosh. This movie topped Frozen. And you shall expect fanfiction from me soon. The Hamada brothers give me fangirl life, and after much pre-movie debate, I officially ship Tadashi and Honey Lemon. And it hurts so much because everything in my typical shipping check list can't happen because (SPOILER ALERT. well. actually not really if you watched any of the trailers AT ALL but I keep getting yelled at for saying this.)
HE DIED
So yeah, omg. So many feels. When Gogo hugged Hiro, I died inside. I don't ship Hirogo AT ALL but I view Gogo as a big sister figure to Hiro, so when she did that...*dies*

GO SEE THIS MOVIE PEOPLE. you won't regret it. <3

WAIT. HOLD ON. WAKKO. HOW DID YOU NOT LIKE FRED??!!
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

How the heck is that a spoiler alert? xD

And why must everything be shipped? O.O
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.