Disney's Big Hero 6 - SPOILERS!

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Novatom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:I'm not really seeing why that's a problem, though. If it had no role in the story, then yes, it was random, but it had a pretty major role to play in the plot of the film. That's not randomness, at least not where film and storytelling are concerned.
I didn't say it was a problem. I said I was shocked and confused by the suddenness of the fire. I was basically complementing BH6.
Oh, okay, I see. Sorry about that.

(Word to the wise, though: "random" as used to critique a work of art is usually considered to be negative if left on its own, because it implies that you think that what happened has no relevance to the plot or does not make any sense. I'm not blaming my misunderstanding on you—I tend to get my back up unnecessarily sometimes—but this is just a word of advice.)

@Wretched Sinner, I knew going in that since BH6 was a Marvel property, (if an obscure one), it had to have an after-credits scene. Lo and behold, I was right. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

What I would like to know is how the fire even started, they definitely seemed to "beat around the bush" with that one.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm not sure if they were beating around the bush with it, though. I think it just happened out of nowhere (I mean, kids and teenagers in a room with highly sophisticated and probably dangerous scientific equipment...what could possibly go wrong?). We weren't told what started the fire because we really don't need to be told that in order for the story to work (although I personally speculate that Callaghan started the fire as a distraction); I think the fire starting seemingly spontaneously was meant to mirror real-life disasters and tragedies, which can happen completely out of the blue sometimes.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Belle wrote:
Bethany Shepard wrote:I watched Big Hero 6. It wasn't as good as everyone pumped it up to be. It was good, but predictable.
Woah, really? I thought a lot of the *spoilers* were not what I was expecting..
I knew who the bad guy was right after the fire and I knew the Baymax would have his good chip taken out at some point. But, I'm always up for a Disney movie. :) And the animation was great.

I guess because it was hyped so much, my expectations were higher.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:
Belle wrote:
Bethany Shepard wrote:I watched Big Hero 6. It wasn't as good as everyone pumped it up to be. It was good, but predictable.
Woah, really? I thought a lot of the *spoilers* were not what I was expecting..
I knew who the bad guy was right after the fire and I knew the Baymax would have his good chip taken out at some point. But, I'm always up for a Disney movie. :) And the animation was great.

I guess because it was hyped so much, my expectations were higher.
Those were two of the main twists I never expected, as were such things as Callahan's daughter and Baymax's sacrifice. I guess because I went to it when it first came out, and not knowing much about it, I thought it was amazing.

I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Belle wrote:
Those were two of the main twists I never expected, as were such things as Callahan's daughter and Baymax's sacrifice. I guess because I went to it when it first came out, and not knowing much about it, I thought it was amazing.

I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob.
I hadn't watched/read anything about it. So, I went in blind. But I also grew up on murder/mystery tv shows and I tend to try to figure things out before the end. :P

Much happy to see a VT quote.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I didn't like this movie at all. xD
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Batgirl wrote:I didn't like this movie at all. xD
Are you joking Batgirl, or are you being serious, your emoji at the end confused me...
I really liked Big Hero 6. I thought it was funny, adventure filled, but also very sad. I was not expecting many of the plot twists!
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

MnM wrote:
Batgirl wrote:I didn't like this movie at all. xD
Are you joking Batgirl, or are you being serious, your emoji at the end confused me...
I really liked Big Hero 6. I thought it was funny, adventure filled, but also very sad. I was not expecting many of the plot twists!
No, I really mean it. I didn't like it at all. It was so boring that I fell asleep. :mrgreen:
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I finally ended up watching this movie. It did get boring at certain points and slightly cheesy, but I liked it. I'm not huge Disney fan though..
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset