Video Games

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I've never been a big Need For Speed fan. But I enjoy playing one of the NFS games with a friend if they have it.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Blitz wrote:Anyone of you guys like NFS? I love NFS Most Wanted. I just got a newer edition of it.
I don't like Need for Speed all that much. I like more of the racing simulator games (like Gran Turismo 5) then the street racing games (like NFS).

Although I do have NFS Rivals for PS3 and it's awesome.
cbriggs45
Vanilla

I enjoyed NFS most wanted and underground one and two.

The sand box games are fun for me. Since i like that i can just drive around and run from cops and do generally the things you cant on the real road. its like the odyssey episode about the math homework where marvin and trent cheat using the space station program.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I got NFS Underground for free from a friend but it wouldn't work on my old computer. If I had it now I could use it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I am sooo happy it's done. It was so long. *cries*

It actually wasn't that bad time wise; Bethany played it before me, really liked it, wanted me to beat it and I didn't really want to. So we made a deal that she would help me beat Skyward and I would help her beat Ocarina of Time. (Because she hated it. Which I don't understand because Ocarina is 100 times better) And by help I mean show what to do, not play. I controlled Link the entire game. And she'll do the same for Ocarina.

My completion time: 23:39

[EDIT 9-3-14]

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Bethany and I played multiplayer. I was Mario, she was blue Toad.

Our completion time: 6:00
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I'm kind of stealing Ben's font style here, it just works so well.

Zelda Link Between Worlds

I don't know why everyone has been saying this game is hard. I think I beat this game in 3 days without being stuck once. Even tho it was pretty easy I still loved it! Story was weak besides a cool little twist at the end. Gameplay was great with the whole paper Link aspect. All in all a great game.

8/10

Super Mario Galaxy

I never played this game before a couple of weeks ago. Everyone has gave it great reviews so I decided to play threw it before I got a Wii U or the PS4. Personally I still love Sunshine better, but Galaxy was great! I really enjoyed hoping to one planet to the next fast paced. Also I got all 120 stars really without a problem. A little easy, but it fit well.

8/10

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix

I FINALY PLAYED THIS GAME! After everyone freaking out that I haven't played this game before I picked it up. First off let me tell you I HATE the Little Mermaid world, just hate the water gameplay. Besides that I loved it and the fighting mechanics. Also a great solid story, I recommend this game.

8.5/10
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Sweet wins. I don't know anything about Kingdom Hearts, but good on ya.

Rayman Arena

Not a great racing/battling game. At least not on the NGC. It's way better on PC. I just don't have a PC to play it on. Haha.

I 100%-ed the game today. Far too easy. Wish there was more of a challenge. I kid you not, I lost a total of four times the entire game. And those loses were in Master mode. But it's a fun multiplayer game; so that makes up for the lack of difficulty.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Nelson S. wrote:Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I am sooo happy it's done. It was so long. *cries*

It actually wasn't that bad time wise; Bethany played it before me, really liked it, wanted me to beat it and I didn't really want to. So we made a deal that she would help me beat Skyward and I would help her beat Ocarina of Time. (Because she hated it. Which I don't understand because Ocarina is 100 times better) And by help I mean show what to do, not play. I controlled Link the entire game. And she'll do the same for Ocarina.

My completion time: 23:39

[EDIT 9-3-14]

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Bethany and I played multiplayer. I was Mario, she was blue Toad.

Our completion time: 6:00
Why don't you like Skyward Sword?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

World of Warplanes and Tanks is way awesome. Free and cool. World of Warplanes is the best and most realistic dog-fighting game I have played.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

Toon Town! Toon Town got shut down one year ago tomorrow.... But Toon Town Rewritten comes out tomorrow as well!
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

fodo14 wrote:Why don't you like Skyward Sword?
I don't dislike it, it's just not my favorite Zelda game by any stretch of the imagination; but fun to play nonetheless.

My experience was relatively enjoyable. I enjoyed the game for what it was. I think the reason I beat the game in such a short timespan (23:39) was I didn't do a collect-athon. I did collect some stuff; you know, the stuff along the trail you sometimes can't avoid, plus a few goddess cubes. But overall, I mostly just played the storyline. The game could have been a little shorter. A few parts felt like they dragged on for far too long. But then the parts I enjoyed, I wished had been longer. Guess we can't have everything we want! Haha!

The pastel colors were quite beautiful. Zelda in this game is by far my favorite Zelda in the series, aesthetics wise. She's just so cute! She could be a little bossy at times, but it didn't affect my perspective of her. I think that there could have been a little more diversity between Eldin Volcano and Lanayru Desert. Both weren't that fun to run around, were way too long and the colors were pretty much the same all around for each level; especially Lanayru Desert. Faron Woods is definitely my favorite place to hang around in the game. All of the Silent Realms were my favorite. The constant stress of running out of time and Guardians chasing you was great! Loved every minute of those parts!

I just prefer Ocarina of Time over Skyward Sword. OoT has a very welcoming feel. SS on the other hand, not so much. I also found OoT to be more fun. I really love the feel of having a controller and buttons for attacks and actions. Motion controls were quite irritating at times.

Hope that answers your question.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah it does thanks! I just wanted to know your opinion on it with more details. I agree with you tho defiantly not my favorite Zelda game either. One of those games that felt more of a chore to play then from sheer enjoyment. I loved the story tho! Zelda was brilliant, I had an actual reason to go save her this time. Her character seemed a lot more real and personal than others. I legit wanted to save her this time, and I also might have shed a few tears when she was frozen......it was bad :oops: :mrgreen: .

I recently beat this little game

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Only reason I picked this game up was cause it's Zelda...I have to play it. Not much I can say about this game, felt like the same kind of deal. Save Zelda and go threw different dungeons to do so. This one was made by Capcom instead of Nintendo so it was a little different style wise. I would say a descend game, only recommend this one if you're a hardcore Legend of Zelda fan.

6.8/10
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I have a Wii, and a WiiU, and play a variety of games.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Sameriazx wrote:I have a Wii, and a WiiU, and play a variety of games.
You have a Wii U? Can I come over and play? xD

I really want to get a Wii U. So many good games are coming out on the Wii U. I just don't have $300 to spend on a Wii U. Uhg. Life, why you gotta be so difficult?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I would probably get a Wii U just to play the new Zelda and Smash Bros games. But other than that, there aren't many games for the Wii U that look very interesting.
MilkandEggs
Strawberry

Hey now but Mario Kart 8 and the new Wario Ware looks incredible. I've got a 3DS so yay smash bros.
It’s not about the stand we take, but the grace we give
It’s not about the name we make, but the life we live
Heard about a King who stepped down, took my place
True Love gave His life away
It’s love that lights the way
~Family Force 5
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

So, I just got a game called Gunpoint. I've got some thoughts on it.

GUNPOINT
In gunpoint you play as a spy. The premise of the game is to complete about 20 missions for different people. As you play through the missions you begin to notice that they are all connected somehow and you must figure out how. You have to complete missions by rewiring electronics (e.i. rewiring a button to open a door, or rewiring a door to turn of the lights.). It's an extremely interesting concept. However, I completed the game in a little under 2 hours, making it very short. The music is great, and really sets the mood, but gets repetitive very fast. The gameplay is very easy to learn, but very hard to master. As you move up in missions you start to unlock power ups that make you more stealthy, fast, deadly, etc. The outcome of the game is based on the decisions you made in the game. You are forced to reflect on the morality of your decisions throughout the game. All this combined makes for a wonderful, but very short game.

Pros:
Interesting Concept
Game Dramatically Increases in Difficulty
Wonderful 16-bit pixel graphics

Cons:
Very Short
Music is Good, But Repetitive

9/10
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Larry-Boy and the Bad Apple (GBA)

I remember it being difficult, so don't know where the difficulty went. I beat it in an 45 mins and didn't lose a life. But with little kid games, I guess that makes sense that the difficulty wouldn't be high.

Always wanted to play the PS2 version because it looks so "open-world" in my 9 year old mind. :P (Wow, can't believe it came out that long ago.) But it just appears to be a 3D platformer. But I don't own a PS2, so that won't happen anytime soon. xD

--- [EDIT] 9/22/14 11:42pm

Five Night's at Freddy's (iOS)

I've watched Youtubers play the game plenty of times, so I wanted to play it myself. And boy is it fun!! And terrifying. It's honestly not as hard as Youtubers make it out to be. Of course, I did die around five times night five. But I won with Freddy's tune finishing and it being pitch black in utter silence. Then 6 am rolled around! Wahoo! I love the game! The only horror game I've won. It's also great on the iPad. It's a lot scarier too because it's closer to your face. The graphics are a little lacking, but don't take too much away.

--- [EDIT] 9/23/14 9:32pm

I'm apart of a video game forum for Christians and I was interviewed about LoZ: Skyward Sword and some other stuff. Might be an interesting read if you want to. http://seriousgamersarcadearchive.blogs ... son-s.html

--- [EDIT] 9/24/14 2:31pm

Here's a video on my channel I just uploaded of Lexi (my sister) playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
It's funny. Plus also a little scary. There's a little bit of violence and scary parts (not so scary with Lexi's commentary), if you don't like that kind of thing, don't watch. xD

--- [EDIT] 9/24/14 6:33pm

Swamp Simulator (Mac)

Basically Slender, but Shrek edition. I got all eight onions and won. It's not as scary as Slender, but when Shrek is coming right for you and you're stuck on an invisible wall... It's pretty terrifying.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

Blitz wrote:World of Warplanes and Tanks is way awesome. Free and cool. World of Warplanes is the best and most realistic dog-fighting game I have played.
:O Blitz, do you have "World of Tanks Blitz"?? I have it and it's really cool. I want to get the computer version but the laptop it would work on my mom and dad are always using. ;P
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Yes BEN! I love Five Nights at Freddy's. I have it for my Mac and iOS. It's one of the only horror games that I've played that has been really unique.