Doctor Who?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
User avatar
Blitz
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3787
Joined: February 2013

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

Doctor Who for all the action has little shooting in it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
User avatar
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 772
Joined: September 2012
Location: Ontario

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

One of the things I love about Doctor Who is that there is nothing remotely supernatural/magical in it. So you don't have to worry about demons/witches like if you were watching Supernatural or something.
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

Blitz wrote:Doctor Who for all the action has little shooting in it.
From what I've seen from The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon, that changes a little bit.

*Wonders why he's forgetting stuff all the time now*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti
Posts: 3341
Joined: June 2012
Location: Kidsboro
Contact:

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

Not even any magic? Another reason to watch mlp instead.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

I'm watching The Stolen Earth. Awesome as heck, with chills to boot.
User avatar
Ameraka
Fudge Marble
Posts: 851
Joined: March 2013
Location: In the Village

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

Pound Foolish wrote:Not even any magic? Another reason to watch mlp instead.
Well, it depends on what you mean by 'magic'. It's always implied to have some sort of 'science' behind it, but what the Doctor does often seems like magic.

You could watch MLP TOO! ;)
Avatar by Laura Hollingsworth (thesilvereye)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
User avatar
Joy
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 615
Joined: May 2012

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

Honestly, Doctor Who is one of my two most favourite shows (the other being Sherlock, of course), and it is...amazing. For anyone who hasn't watched it, you have to at least try it once. Ever since I discovered it, I have been hooked. It gives me shivers, and I totally go ballistic and fangirl all the time over it. The acting, the storylines, the quirky Doctors, the interesting, companions the concepts, everything. Recently, especially when watching the 50th anniversary episode, I would literally have to pause it, stand up, run around the house, squee at the top my lungs, then just stand there with this huge goofy smile on my face, before going back and hunching over the computer screen.

Why should you watch Doctor Who? Why shouldn't you?

You should have seen me freak out over this younger kid at my school (in like, grade 2 or 3) because he had this awesome TARDIS bag, with a toy sonic screwdriver, an 11th Doctor action figure, and TARDIS control panel in it. I was like, Dude, you are so awesome.
Last edited by Joy on Tue May 06, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: Why should I watch Doctor Who?

Post

I'm almost caught up to the end of Season 7.
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch
Posts: 135
Joined: July 2014
Location: Odyssey, Ohio
Contact:

Dr. Who?

Post

Exactly. Dr. Who? I thought it was something from doctor Seuss when I first heard of it. I think it seems dumb. Any thoughts?
User avatar
Eleventh Doctor
Dulce de Leche
Posts: 4746
Joined: February 2013

Re: Dr. Who?

Post

I don't think it's dumb
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
User avatar
Belle
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4997
Joined: May 2012
Location: Spoilers!
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

I've been debating watching Doctor Who, but I'm not sure yet, since Sci-Fi and scary things aren't my cup of tea.
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
User avatar
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 772
Joined: September 2012
Location: Ontario

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

It's not scary like horror scary, it's scary as in disturbingly weird. But horror scary once in a while too.
@Jamesobie: IT IS NOT DUMB. IT IS THE FARTHEST THING FROM DUMB. OI, WATCH IT, EARTH MAN.
xD
John Henry
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1430
Joined: June 2014

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

I don't watch Doctor Who, but I found a little something from the ToO. :D
Shennifer wrote:It was fun seeing what other people dressed up as today \:D/

there were two storm troopers and the Eleventh Doctor in the cafeteria:

Image

Image
User avatar
Blitz
Moose Tracks
Posts: 3787
Joined: February 2013

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

I was like wait what. How did you get a picture of the eleventh doctor from SS? lol.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
User avatar
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 451
Joined: February 2013
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

I love Doctor Who, but I have mixed feelings about Season 8 so far.
Image
User avatar
Audrey
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 404
Joined: January 2014
Location: Twin Cities

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
User avatar
Belle
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4997
Joined: May 2012
Location: Spoilers!
Contact:

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

Audrey wrote:Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
So, I watched the very first episode of Doctor Who.....it was certainly interesting...
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
User avatar
Emma
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1410
Joined: August 2014
Location: Procrastinating, to be sure

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

Doctor..... what? Who on earth is that? Is it a show? :|
Wakko
Pistachio
Posts: 1075
Joined: May 2012
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

Audrey wrote:And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it.
I meant as far as special effects go, it was very cheesy. =p
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: Doctor Who?

Post

Yes, it was. The CGI lately has been very good, however.
Post Reply