Doctor Who?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Belle wrote:
Audrey wrote:Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
So, I watched the very first episode of Doctor Who.....it was certainly interesting...
The first one from 1963, or 2005? :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Ameraka wrote:
Belle wrote:
Audrey wrote:Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
So, I watched the very first episode of Doctor Who.....it was certainly interesting...
The first one from 1963, or 2005? :)
2005. With the 9th Doctor.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I guess it's just not really my thing (though I've only seen two episodes, so perhaps I should continue watching ). I mean, in all seriousness, was it supposed to be a joke? Maybe I just watched the wrong season or something, but I found myself somewhat amused by situations that were supposed to be dire (a monster is on the verge of killing the entire population of Salt Lake City). I think it mostly had to do with the cheesiness of the effects (at least in the ones I saw) and the overall lighthearted tone of the show.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Oh yeah, you saw the first few episodes of the 2005 relaunch, those were a little bit cheesy. I'd personally recommend going ahead to Series 5, a new Doctor, and a new showrunner come on, so it's kind of a clean break. Plus the quality of the broadcast took an upgrade.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Q1: Is there a character called Rose?
Q2: Is there hugging and kissing? I thought this was a sci-fi movie, but there is romantic relationships?
Q3: Who is that...called Leeta?
Q4: Can it happen in real life?
Wakko
Pistachio

Yes, she's a companion of the Doctor.
Yes and yes. Shocking I know. =O (Also, it's a TV show not a movie.)
Leeta is a Star Trek character not a Doctor Who character...
No. =p
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yes, there is a character named Rose.
Yes there is hugging and kissing. Rose happens to be a doctor's romantic interest.
What?
No.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wakko wrote:
Leeta is a Star Trek character not a Doctor Who character...
But there is a character called Leela in the earlier series. Companion of the Fourth Doctor.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Oh, I spelled the name wrong. It is Leela.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I'm bumping this topic because SERIES 8. Thoughts on it?

I haven't seen much (just what I could find on Youtube and whatnot) but I thought it was super well done and a lot like Classic Who. But I think Moffat said he wrote it to be more dark and more like Classic Who. And Peter Capaldi makes an amazing Doctor. I love how when he was little he said he wanted to be the Doctor and couldn't wait for the 50th anniversary. Now, in that year, he's playing him and fulfilling his dream. I just think that's super inspirational.
Woody
Cookies & Creme

YES. SERIES EIGHT.

Gah, I loved this series. Listen was an absolute dream(ironic, since it has a strong theme of nightmares). And don't even get me started on Capaldi. He is an AMAZING Doctor. His dynamic with Clara rivals Ten/Donna. I love how he just casually insults her all the time("How do I look?" "Short and roundish, but with a good personality, which is the main thing.")

And can we talk about Missy? Missy is amazing. I can't wait for more of her in Series 9. Forget that, I just plain can't wait for Series 9. :p

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I couldn't fall asleep the other night, so I looked up scenes from the scary episode... I loved it! I think I could really get into Doctor Who. :mrgreen:

I really liked The Silence. :) Kinda cool to think, "I really could have looked away from one 2 seconds ago and not remembered it." I'm weird like that. O.o

I was also curious about The Whisper Man, but couldn't find any videos. :P
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Think how ironic that sounds. I couldn't sleep so I watched something scary. :D
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Oh gosh. Scary things don't even scare me. Especially Doctor Who scary. ;)

Anyone got a first episode suggestion? My friend is thinking Blink.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Blink is amazing. I would also suggest The Eleventh Hour. It's the Eleventh Doctor's debut episode, and it's, as Nine would say, absolutely fantastic.

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I'm on season 3 and I absolutely love it! I miss Rose though. :(
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Rose was just the beginning. There are much better companions yet to come!

Plus, Rose returned like, three times.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

One time*
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

Yessssssss, thanks for spoiling! *maniacally laughs*
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Plus The Day of the Doctor, @Mr. Whit's End. Although technically, it wasn't really Rose...