Doctor Who?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Doctor Who for all the action has little shooting in it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

One of the things I love about Doctor Who is that there is nothing remotely supernatural/magical in it. So you don't have to worry about demons/witches like if you were watching Supernatural or something.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Blitz wrote:Doctor Who for all the action has little shooting in it.
From what I've seen from The Impossible Astronaut and Day of the Moon, that changes a little bit.

*Wonders why he's forgetting stuff all the time now*
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Not even any magic? Another reason to watch mlp instead.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm watching The Stolen Earth. Awesome as heck, with chills to boot.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Not even any magic? Another reason to watch mlp instead.
Well, it depends on what you mean by 'magic'. It's always implied to have some sort of 'science' behind it, but what the Doctor does often seems like magic.

You could watch MLP TOO! ;)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Honestly, Doctor Who is one of my two most favourite shows (the other being Sherlock, of course), and it is...amazing. For anyone who hasn't watched it, you have to at least try it once. Ever since I discovered it, I have been hooked. It gives me shivers, and I totally go ballistic and fangirl all the time over it. The acting, the storylines, the quirky Doctors, the interesting, companions the concepts, everything. Recently, especially when watching the 50th anniversary episode, I would literally have to pause it, stand up, run around the house, squee at the top my lungs, then just stand there with this huge goofy smile on my face, before going back and hunching over the computer screen.

Why should you watch Doctor Who? Why shouldn't you?

You should have seen me freak out over this younger kid at my school (in like, grade 2 or 3) because he had this awesome TARDIS bag, with a toy sonic screwdriver, an 11th Doctor action figure, and TARDIS control panel in it. I was like, Dude, you are so awesome.
Last edited by Joy on Tue May 06, 2014 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm almost caught up to the end of Season 7.
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

Exactly. Dr. Who? I thought it was something from doctor Seuss when I first heard of it. I think it seems dumb. Any thoughts?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I don't think it's dumb
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I've been debating watching Doctor Who, but I'm not sure yet, since Sci-Fi and scary things aren't my cup of tea.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

It's not scary like horror scary, it's scary as in disturbingly weird. But horror scary once in a while too.
@Jamesobie: IT IS NOT DUMB. IT IS THE FARTHEST THING FROM DUMB. OI, WATCH IT, EARTH MAN.
xD
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I don't watch Doctor Who, but I found a little something from the ToO. :D
Shennifer wrote:It was fun seeing what other people dressed up as today \:D/

there were two storm troopers and the Eleventh Doctor in the cafeteria:

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I was like wait what. How did you get a picture of the eleventh doctor from SS? lol.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I love Doctor Who, but I have mixed feelings about Season 8 so far.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Audrey wrote:Not going to lie, I didn't like Capaldi as the new Doctor in Deep Breath, but he's seriously grown on me. I'm loving season 8. :D

And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it. Despite what most people seem to think, he's awesome. :D
So, I watched the very first episode of Doctor Who.....it was certainly interesting...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Doctor..... what? Who on earth is that? Is it a show? :|
Wakko
Pistachio

Audrey wrote:And I know that was a while ago, but Wakko, how dare you say the first season was cheesy! Okay, it kind of was a little, but the ninth doctor makes up for it.
I meant as far as special effects go, it was very cheesy. =p
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yes, it was. The CGI lately has been very good, however.