Doctor Who?

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

MissFriendship wrote:I watched a few clips on YouTube...and well, I'd rather watch something realistic. Of course, the Britain accents nearly made me like them :)
Wow... I'm the complete opposite. I liked the "unrealistic" and greatly dislike British accents. :P

The great debate: 10th or 11th?

Is the 12th Doctor cool?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:While flipping through channels last night I happened to come across an episode of Dr. Who (don't have a clue which one). But the only thing I recognised was Peter Davison and I thought "Hey, that's Tristan" -- from All Creatures Great and Small. :ugeek:
xD That's my mom's favorite doctor, even though she hasn't seen the show, because he's Tristan from that show...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Bethany Shepard wrote:The great debate: 10th or 11th?
11th, hands down. 11 had everything 10 had and more. He was witty, clever, slightly idiotic, but also completely brilliant. Not to mention his lovely dark side. ^_^ For me, this perfectly encapsulates what the Doctor should be.

The 10th Doctor was, quite frankly, bland. I get that he was supposed to be a more human Doctor, but if we wanted a human, why not just a male companion? (seriously, only one in 10 years...) There wasn't much that made him unique, and each incarnation being unique is what is so cool about regeneration. So yeah, 11 wins.
Bethany Shepard wrote:Is the 12th Doctor cool?
The 12th Doctor is freaking amazing. He's lovably grumpy, old, blunt, cold, calculating, and casually insults Clara all the time :p He's tied with 11 for my favorite Doctor. ;)

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I found this fun site that gives you your TimeLord name!

http://timelord.namegeneratorfun.com/

Here's mine: The Explorer

Back on Gallifrey, you led a dull and uninteresting life, working as an Assistant Librarian at the Patrexe Academy – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!

Your Type 82 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as a Portaloo, and your latest travelling companion is a rough-and-ready cop from the 1970s, whose hard-drinking ways don't always fit in with his battles against evil.

...joy...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

:o That is pretty awesome. I put my name in and I got:

You are the Renegade Time Lord known as:
The Poet
Your original Gallifreyan name is Wyndrinatorquadavor, or Wyndrin for short.
Back on Gallifrey, you led a dull and uninteresting life, working as a member of the Chancellery Guard – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!
Your Type 47 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as an industrial digger, and your latest travelling companion is a genetically enhanced, talking dog, on the run from the evil time-travelling scientist who created him.

This fits perfectly with my nickname Limerick and was all by chance xD

And Dug is my companion! xD
Woody
Cookies & Creme

You are the Renegade Time Lord known as:

The Fictionaut

Your original Gallifreyan name is Trydoynjynozuueriegreya, or Trydoyn for short.

Back on Gallifrey, you led a dull and uninteresting life, working as a Data Miner at the Temporal Department of Information Retrieval – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!

Your Type 43 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as a coffin, and your latest travelling companion is a rich heiress from the 1920s whose usual approach to problems is throwing money at them.

Wow... I live in a coffin. That is hilarious. xD

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

I'm on Season 4!! Woo. :D
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Three cheers for Donna! \:D/

Seriously, this season and the next are two of the best seasons.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Donna! \:D/ That season would have been perfect....and then Donna had to go ahead and
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Oh Donna was the best! \:D/
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Batgirl
Cookies & Creme

"You ain't mating with me, sunshine!" xD Best Dr. Who quote after "Badaboomba!".
"Sometimes the best book has the dustiest jacket, and sometimes the best tea cup is chipped."
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:While flipping through channels last night I happened to come across an episode of Dr. Who (don't have a clue which one). But the only thing I recognised was Peter Davison and I thought "Hey, that's Tristan" -- from All Creatures Great and Small. :ugeek:
xD That's my mom's favorite doctor, even though she hasn't seen the show, because he's Tristan from that show...
What number is he, just fmi?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Davison is the Fifth Doctor. :)

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

For fandoms day at my school, I cosplayed River Song.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

That's brilliant! I love it!
Woody
Cookies & Creme

But where's your pistol? =o

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Thanks Clara!
Woody wrote:But where's your pistol? =o
No firearms are allowed on campus..
Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

In regard to the name of this thread, if the question is Doctor Who, the answer is yes. Just sayin'.

The Editor
Your original Gallifreyan name is Trysillonquanaxotadrakalaapar, or Trysillon for short.
Back on Gallifrey, you worked as a member of the High Council – but now, you travel Time and Space in search of adventure!
Your Type 92 TARDIS is currently stuck in disguise as an IKEA-made cupboard, and your latest travelling companion is an 18th century devil-may-care pirate captain, who keeps trying to use your TARDIS to obtain treasure wherever you go.
I sound like a villain. I could do this.

Btw, I love yours, Limerick. It suits you well.
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I had actual jelly babies today. My life is complete.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

I JUST got into Doctor Who a couple months ago. My favorite Doctor (from what I've seen) is the third Doctor. (I've seen 1, 2, 3, 4, War, 9, 10, 11, and 12) I bought a few of the classic episodes on Amazon (not many are available for some reason) and watched the entire modern revival of the series on Prime. Favorite episode: Definitely "Blink." Favorite villain, probably the weeping angels. Ok, history of what I've seen and like, check! Now to get people posting on this topic again, now that I can appreciate it...

OH! And that Middle 8! (if you don't know what that is, LOOK IT UP!)
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.