Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Nelson S. wrote:
Helios wrote:
Nelson S. wrote:Did you know that Clownfish can change their gender? All clown fish are born male, and the largest fish of the crowd changes their gender from male to female. So when the largest fish (female) dies, the next largest male becomes female.

So in Finding Nemo when Nemo's mom dies, why didn't Merlin change to Nemo's mom?! PLOT HOLE!
Seriously....did we NEED to know this??????
Yes. Yes you did. It's vital to for you to know this. To know that Nemo's whole story could have been avoided if Nemo's dad had done what nature demanded.

You were being lied to, Helios!! And as your loving admin, I did what was best for everyone by giving the honest facts. Don't be upset. It's for the best. *pats Helios on the shoulder*

And if you look at the size difference between Nemo's parents:
Marlin should've be Nemo's mom in the first place....

(The whole story of Finding Nemo is kind of meh to me. I mean it's funny in some parts, but overall it's not the best Pixar movie in my opinion.)
LIED TO??? The world is falling apart! Gahhhhhhh!!! O.o *snicker* Okay, I won't be upset. *pats Ben back* :P

I can't see that image.... :?

I agree with you on Nemo's "meh"ness. It's okay...not my favorite.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Metal15 wrote:I LOOOVE brawl! My fave character is Ike. 'Cause he's a BOSS. ;P
Oh yes. Ike is the best. His smash move when he jabs his sword into the ground.... That move is boss. B-|

We should play sometime, Metal. If you own the game. I borrowed SSBB from a friend. If anyone has Brawl, PM me and give me your friend code and I'll give you mine and we can play each other! :D
Helios wrote:I agree with you on Nemo's "meh"ness. It's okay...not my favorite.
LE GASP. We share the same opinion about Finding Nemo?! Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the cutest thing since peanut butter! :~O
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

We should play sometime, Metal. If you own the game. I borrowed SSBB from a friend. If anyone has Brawl, PM me and give me your friend code and I'll give you mine and we can play each other! :D
O_o You can do that?

That's cool.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah, if your Wii is connected to the internet.

It's on the Brawl menu. Observe below.
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _brawl.jpg

Press Nintendo Wi-Fi connection and press connect. It'll connect then you can play with anyone or your friends. :D
Helios
Butter Pecan

Nelson S. wrote:
LE GASP. We share the same opinion about Finding Nemo?! Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the cutest thing since peanut butter! :~O
Le gasp? Lol.... :P Well, I don't know what the people you know think (oh no, wait, I do), but Finding Nemo is NOT cute. More like mildly annoying...
Purple Panda
Strawberry

Helios wrote:
Nelson S. wrote:
Le gasp? Lol.... :P Well, I don't know what the people you know think (oh no, wait, I do), but Finding Nemo is NOT cute. More like mildly annoying...

O Sun of Sarcasm, you should know that people don't "like it" very much when classics are criticized. I know, I know, you say. "Well, Panda, how did Nemo come to be a classic?" Who knows, but you just have to accept that other people thinks it's awesome and that they're making a sequel and someday, you might show it to your kids and hope they don't go through a Nemo phase :D
But you can't hate on classics, or people will pretend like you're not worth trying to understand.

Go tell of your fish-hate to your cat, maybe she'll sympathize (probably not) but don't say it in public, it tends to arouse ideas of ostracizing and shunning, etc.

And you can thank me later :D
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm sorry, but Finding Nemo is not a classic. XD

-- Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 am --
Nelson S. wrote:Yeah, if your Wii is connected to the internet.

It's on the Brawl menu. Observe below.
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... _brawl.jpg

Press Nintendo Wi-Fi connection and press connect. It'll connect then you can play with anyone or your friends. :D
Sure enough. We should do that sometime, that would be killer. :D
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Deary me, Ben. It seems you just ruined quite a few childhoods.

Um, Blondie... you're only suing me for one reason reason "A." I tried highlighting your post ,but there's nothing else. You see, grammatically speaking, when you say "reasons"... You can count to two, right?
You're the second person to sue me recently. Why? I can't understand it. And I'm such a nice person.

I'm not a gamer, except when it comes to Brawl. I could play that for five hours straight. And yes, I have actually done that.
It's sad I rarely play video games. Becuase that creates quite a rift between me and Sammy. We have so much in common, but this enormous part of her heart shall always be a mystery. I'll never know what it is to squeal with joy when you do your first boss-battle with Sonic. Never understand the wonder of rescuing a blonde princess named Zelda who attracts a million kidnappers and yet never beefs up her guard. Never know what it is to dance when you kill your five hundredth heartless.

Now now, Sammy. I'm not making fun of you. I'm just... well yeah, I'm totally making fun of you.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Becuase that creates quite a rift between me and Sammy.
She doesn't like games? O_o

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:Um, Blondie... you're only suing me for one reason reason "A." I tried highlighting your post ,but there's nothing else. You see, grammatically speaking, when you say "reasons"... You can count to two, right?
You're the second person to sue me recently. Why? I can't understand it. And I'm such a nice person.
Huh...someone editted my post..I KNOW I had two reasons.

B) Refusal to reply to pms.

:P There you go. And why, is because you won't conform. EVERYONE MUST CONFORM. MWAHA...er..hehe.. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Nelson S. wrote:
I've disliked Finding Nemo since I first saw it. I was really little (3 or 4), and I totally freaked out through the entire movie: the sharks, the jellyfish, the dentist, the fish tank... my mom finally turned it off and I haven't watched it in years. And even after I grew out of the whole terrified thing, I couldn't really find much I liked about it. *shrugs* But I guess lots of people do.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

underseasie wrote:
Nelson S. wrote:
I've disliked Finding Nemo since I first saw it. I was really little (3 or 4), and I totally freaked out through the entire movie: the sharks, the jellyfish, the dentist, the fish tank... my mom finally turned it off and I haven't watched it in years. And even after I grew out of the whole terrified thing, I couldn't really find much I liked about it. *shrugs* But I guess lots of people do.
For the record, peanut butter isn't cute.

But yeah, I just recently saw it since I first saw it, and it's meh. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Helios
Butter Pecan

Peanut butter is too cute....especially when you puke it up! :twisted:
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Helios wrote:Peanut butter is too cute....especially when you puke it up! :twisted:
Whoa. O.o ... that's not weird at all.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Nelson S. wrote:
Helios wrote:Peanut butter is too cute....especially when you puke it up! :twisted:
Whoa. O.o ... that's not weird at all.
Um...yeah...it's perfectly normal. :P Who thinks it's weird? :)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

God's Girl wrote: But yeah, I just recently saw it since I first saw it, and it's meh. :P
Pardon me, but it is my painful duty to tie you hand and foot and mail you to Dr. Blackgaard with a sticky note on your forehead saying "Please kill me."
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Helios
Butter Pecan

PF if you weren't prez of the ERK I'd kill you... :twisted:
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Pound Foolish wrote:
God's Girl wrote: But yeah, I just recently saw it since I first saw it, and it's meh. :P
Pardon me, but it is my painful duty to tie you hand and foot and mail you to Dr. Blackgaard with a sticky note on your forehead saying "Please kill me."
Wow.

Too bad you won't succeed. *insert Moriarty's sing-songy voice*
Helios
Butter Pecan

Purple Panda wrote:
Helios. wrote:
Nelson S. wrote: LE GASP. We share the same opinion about Finding Nemo?! Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's the cutest thing since peanut butter! :~O

O Sun of Sarcasm, you should know that people don't "like it" very much when classics are criticized. I know, I know, you say. "Well, Panda, how did Nemo come to be a classic?" Who knows, but you just have to accept that other people thinks it's awesome and that they're making a sequel and someday, you might show it to your kids and hope they don't go through a Nemo phase :D
But you can't hate on classics, or people will pretend like you're not worth trying to understand.

Go tell of your fish-hate to your cat, maybe she'll sympathize (probably not) but don't say it in public, it tends to arouse ideas of ostracizing and shunning, etc.

And you can thank me later :D
Whew, can't believe I didn't see this, Panda! :D I love your title for me, BTW. :D They're making a sequel? Surely the gods in their high towers will see this atrocity and keep it from being! O.o Why can't there be a seq to..I don't know...Incredibles! I love that one! :D But nope, boring ol' Nemo with his wasted fin will come to terrorize generations of innocents like Underseasie.

They PRETEND I'm not worth trying to understand? Oh, Panda, you have given me a gift from the gods! All I ever wanted was to be misunderstood. :D

And I gave my cat away a couple of years ago. It's too painful to mention any further... :(

And I thank you. My psychoanalyst! :D
Purple Panda
Strawberry

I'll admit, SoS (look how much fun stuff I can do with your new title),
A sequel to the Incredibles = awesomeness, Finding Nemo, not so much. But you need to understand something about our society. In their mind's eye, anything Disney and old, as in, at least a couple years, decades old, at least 5 years ago, is not a new-fangled Disney attempt at revival. What does this mean? It means that they think those old "classics" are the best thing that happened to clean children's television and film. And they aren't always. I mean, I just went back and watched some stuff like Hercules and the Hunchback and I honestly don't know why it even made it to the big screens sometimes.

I'm not saying conform and take a seat on the movie love train, just.... allow people to know your opinions differ, and go watch some Frozen. People seem to like that a lot.

As for the personal psychoanalyst, your bill is coming in the mail :D
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes