Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Weird question but has anybody watched that movie where the bad guy gets run over by a snow plow, like at the very end of the movie?? I can't think of the name of it and it's been driving me crazy. It's an old movie, but it's in color. I think it has something to do with money stolen and hidden in the snow, and they go camping, on their way to find the money, and they go past this church where there's a girl...?? I watched it many many years ago and it flits through my mind every once in a while like an elusive butterfly that I can't pin down.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Outrageous that this topic has been quiet for so long. What have people done for spring break?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
321tumbler
Caramel Crunch

I haven't, but I did play with a big branch outside today.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I went to D.C. That was cool.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

:cry: I only get three days of spring break this year...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

shnoodlec. wrote::cry: I only get three days of spring break this year...
Ha, lucky. I get no spring break because my school system is messed up.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I don't get spring break, I had a reading week back in February. I could use another break right about now tho :cry:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Tea Ess wrote:Outrageous that this topic has been quiet for so long. What have people done for spring break?
My spring break isn't until mid-April (why yes, i am suffering) but my plans are to primarily sleep, write creatively, and maybe do something with my fellow seniors. thankfully, we're all equally tired.n]
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

My condolences to all of you without a spring break.
GJFH wrote:My spring break isn't until mid-April (why yes, i am suffering) but my plans are to primarily sleep, write creatively, and maybe do something with my fellow seniors. thankfully, we're all equally tired.
Isn’t mid-April almost right before you would get out of school anyway? :P Those sound like good plans though.

For April Fool’s Day, I’m going to put out a bowl of jelly beans on my desk. The catch is that they will be normal, good-tasting jelly beans. My coworkers will never see it coming,
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Tea Ess wrote:My condolences to all of you without a spring break.
GJFH wrote:My spring break isn't until mid-April (why yes, i am suffering) but my plans are to primarily sleep, write creatively, and maybe do something with my fellow seniors. thankfully, we're all equally tired.
Isn’t mid-April almost right before you would get out of school anyway? :P Those sound like good plans though.

For April Fool’s Day, I’m going to put out a bowl of jelly beans on my desk. The catch is that they will be normal, good-tasting jelly beans. My coworkers will never see it coming,
thanks, man. and yes, but it'll be a relief anyway.

your jellybean plan is the best :clap:

my plan is to tell everyone i got accepted into byu.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The jellybean thing didn't really work. My coworkers are too trusting and just.. ate them without thinking about what day it was.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I switched names with someone on the chat for all day yesterday and no one noticed. No one was there most of the day yesterday, either.

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Connie G. wrote:I switched names with someone on the chat for all day yesterday and no one noticed. No one was there most of the day yesterday, either.
Wait, who did you switch with?
Rosy
Cookie Dough

So my dorm got evacuated this afternoon for a fire started on the roof while we were having roof repairs from hail and wind damage. They evacuated us and so my friends and I spent about 2 hours hanging around outside in the grass.
So that's been fun.
No one was injured, but several girls will have to move out of their rooms due to water damage (my room is on the opposite side of the building and is fine).
So what've y'all been up to today?
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

So we moved into a new house and its in the country-is. We have mice. There is a mice that keeps comings into one of the walls in my room. So it just sits there...scratching at something. I hate mice.

-- Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm --

Also just finished reading The Screwtape Letters. Has anyone read that?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Rosy wrote:So my dorm got evacuated this afternoon for a fire started on the roof while we were having roof repairs from hail and wind damage. They evacuated us and so my friends and I spent about 2 hours hanging around outside in the grass.
So that's been fun.
No one was injured, but several girls will have to move out of their rooms due to water damage (my room is on the opposite side of the building and is fine).
So what've y'all been up to today?
That's crazy! Could you smell the smoke before you evacuated?

My day has not been very eventful. The most exciting thing I did was buy French fries.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Tea Ess wrote:
Connie G. wrote:I switched names with someone on the chat for all day yesterday and no one noticed. No one was there most of the day yesterday, either.
You'll never know :D

Helios
Butter Pecan

Connie G. wrote:
Tea Ess wrote:
You'll never know :D
This has such shades of chaotic neutral. I love it. :twisted:
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Tea Ess wrote: That's crazy! Could you smell the smoke before you evacuated?

My day has not been very eventful. The most exciting thing I did was buy French fries.
Nope, most girls thought it was just a drill. Still no info on how it started, either. This hasn't been a good year for the dorms on campus though... we've had dorms get flooded, heat go out, loss of power, wind damage, etc. so I can't blame them for being busy.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme

Hi, everyone!

Been far too long.
~Two of your five a day~.