Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I had Red Lobster last night. It was good. I think I might have had a little too much, so it might be a while before I have Red Lobster again. I got Lobster, shrimp, and crab. I like shrimp the most.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Nelson S. wrote:I had Red Lobster last night. It was good. I think I might have had a little too much, so it might be a while before I have Red Lobster again. I got Lobster, shrimp, and crab. I like shrimp the most.
Not me. I do not like sea food. One. Tiny. Bit. But I hope you enjoyed it...
Stella C. wrote:*cough* Does anyone else hear the little bobble head Einstein from Night at the Museum whenever he/she reads the pi digits? I've seen that movie so many times, that's how I can remember the first 9 digits.....

Nobody? I guess I'm just going crazy.
So true! Though I don't remember the digits. They say it too fast!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

How can you not like seafood????
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Blitz wrote:How can you not like seafood????
Perhaps the texture doesn't agree with her. Or the flavor. All of the foods I mentioned do taste like seafood. (obvi) You have to admit it is an acquired taste. I didn't really like the taste of seafood before I had it last night. And while it's not my favorite in the world, it has it's place.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:How can you not like seafood????
How can you like it? I just don't like, I don't really know how to explain it... It's good you found something you enjoy though!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I don't really like seafood either. =P It might have something to do with the fact that I have had fish/crabs/frogs mostly as pets.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Seafood is actually despised by a surprising number of people (fortunately, I am not one of them).

I just finished a paper on the 1960 Presidential election, which strikes me as being the most fascinating election in American history, mostly because both of the candidates went on to become American legends (though for completely different reasons).
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

My history lesson was B-O-R-I-N-G. Sorry Herbert Hoover, I know you were President and all, but you are rather a bore.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

American history is awesome! APUSH was my favorite class in tenth and eleventh grade.

Personally, I think one of my favorite elections is the election of 1824, mostly because Andrew Jackson was such a drama queen about it. \:D/ I also find the election of 1972 to be fascinating, mostly because of the scandal of Watergate surrounding it.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

History before 1900 was interesting to me because of my professor, but after that was boring because of my other professor >_>
^^ Props to Belle ^^
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I generally find 20th Century history a lot more interesting than pre-20th Century history, particularly the period from around 1940-1980. I often wish I was born in 1936... \:D/
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, today's History lesson was about factories and I got to learn about Hershey chocolate, so I'm good.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Hmm, I haven't had American history for a bit.
Debate Vampire

Emma
Peach Cobbler

Blitz wrote:Hmm, I haven't had American history for a bit.
Are you having World history? I really don't like world history. I got that last year. It was horrible.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I generally find 20th Century history a lot more interesting than pre-20th Century history, particularly the period from around 1940-1980.
Hmm, I actually really enjoyed pre-1900s American history, especially its legal history. (Seriously, of all the hobbies I went for, exploration and examination of the United States Supreme Court has got to be the weirdest.) The road to the creation of the Constitution is really fascinating; it's really intriguing to me to explore how the personalities of people like Madison, Hamilton, Franklin, and the other founders played such a defining role in the foundation of our country's legal system. I find the Jacksonian era to be fun to learn about, mostly because Jackson is nothing less than larger-than-life—he was a terrible president, but he's also really entertaining. The 1850s are interesting, too—sectional tensions and internal Constitutional tumult for fun and profit! \:D/

It sort of stops being exciting around 1877, though, mostly because that year marked the end of Reconstruction, a time period of continuing sectional tensions and the brunt of the fallout from the Civil War where we get to see how both the South's and the North's mistakes had some really brutal consequences, and you get into the Gilded Age and on into the Progressive Era. There's just something about those ~40-50 years that makes you want to try and learn all the names, give up, and then bang your head against your textbook in the hopes that somehow the words will fly off the pages and into your brain (where you will proceed to understand them by some kind of weird osmosis) because it's easier than trying to slog through forty pages of critiques of unbridled capitalistic corruption.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I'll be taking American history next year. I am not even a American anyway though.
Debate Vampire

Emma
Peach Cobbler

What are you? I'm American.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Blitz is from deepest darkest Africa, where there is only electricity for 30 minutes a day and everyone wears ceremonial clothing and uses spears :P

He is from Africa but they do have power and people wear normal clothes :P
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Blitz is from deepest darkest Africa, where there is only electricity for 30 minutes a day and everyone wears ceremonial clothing and uses spears :P

He is from Africa but they do have power and people wear normal clothes :P
Uh, right.... ;) I'm from the Mid-western America, where the people wear medieval gowns and play super heroes..... At the time.... (Trust me, I know from the experience my sister has given me... ;) )
Last edited by Emma on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Haa!! So did Blitz confirm this?! Can I come visit? :D
Proud K.R.E Member