Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Mara
Pistachio

Mr. Whit's End wrote:How did you get one? Politely asking the manager (while holding a water balloon over his head)?
Well, my parents stayed a night at a hotel in November, and the water was freezing cold. My dad mentioned it to them, so they gave us a free night. Luckily, the water was warm the second time around :D
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

So, I went skiing for a few hours and just checked in the hotel. I'm enjoying my 3rd cup of hot chocolate. I'm going out to dinner soon, then swimming in the pool. I rented out the theater and put in a movie request for The Bourne Identity. I'll have pictures up soon of Whistler mtn, Blackholm mtn, and the hotel.
Mara
Pistachio

That sounds like a really nice hotel, Noah! Lucky you!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Liz'alike wrote:That is pretty stinking awesome, shnoodlec! I hadn't seen that before...

Has anyone seen this?? It is adorable! It brought back memories of me singing disney movies when I was their age... I probably sounded A LOT like that! haha
OH MY GOODNESS, LEX!
If that movie had been out when we were little, I can see us doing that! We walk around the house singing it now anyway! :lol:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

So, I was going to go skiing again today at Whistler since we got 3 feet of snow last night, but there was a mile long line of over 7000 people, so I just went home.
Helios
Butter Pecan

You should try going over to Alaska sometime. I hear the lines there aren't too long (if there are any, lol) :D
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

So, the graphics card on my desktop computer fried so now my I can't use it. It will take about $500 to replace.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I watched the end clip of The Name of the Doctor and I screamed. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT.
Last edited by Ashley on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Wretched Sinner wrote:So, the graphics card on my desktop computer fried so now my I can't use it. It will take about $500 to replace.
Yikes! That's no fun at all!
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

I have a question, what does the food name above the persons avatar mean?
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

It's the ice cream flavor rank of how many posts you have. http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic ... 744#p64744

I just finished my sign language for the day. Does anyone have a language they're doing this year? If so, are you taking it because you have to or because or want to use it?

I want to take ASL for 3 years (I'll be 18 or so) and go to a camp for the deaf or maybe someday, a christian school. :D One of my goals of the year is to chat/befriend a deaf person. :mrgreen:
-Nicolas Cage
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I'm sort of doing a couple of languages right now. I'm learning Latin for school, I've been doing it since 7th grade. I'm also trying German on this app called Duolingo, just to see if I'm interested in it. I'm also learning Hungarian in my free time. ASL sounds really cool, Bethany! My friend is also really interested in working with the deaf, I think it's a really great calling.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Wow! How can you remember all of them!? I have problems with just ASL… and it's still the english language! You have a gift my friend!

At this point I could probably have a very small everyday chat with someone. But I'd like to be completely fluent.

EDIT: Now ya'll… my friend thought this and looked it up on google images…
Joel Olsteen vs. Shaun White
*shivers* Now that's just scary!!
-Nicolas Cage
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Oh, I am doing Duolingo for Portogese. :D Anyhoo, LOOK. AT. MAH. SIG. Woot! Woot!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Purple Panda
Strawberry

Wow Bethany, that's really cool! I've actually learned a little ASL to work with a girl at summer camp, and I think it's really awesome you're doing that! I also do Duolingo for Spanish, and Latin for school.
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I have to stay up all night tonight helping somebody on a wood floor. Great.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

shnoodlec wrote:Oh, I am doing Duolingo for Portogese. :D Anyhoo, LOOK. AT. MAH. SIG. Woot! Woot!
Cool! And... I LOVE YOUR SIG! That's awesome!
Purple Panda wrote:Wow Bethany, that's really cool! I've actually learned a little ASL to work with a girl at summer camp, and I think it's really awesome you're doing that! I also do Duolingo for Spanish, and Latin for school.
If ASL was something you could write out, I would talk to you! :lol:
Metal15 wrote:I have to stay up all night tonight helping somebody on a wood floor. Great.
I like doing stuff like that! What color is it?
-Nicolas Cage
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

No idea. Hopefully it's not too big... XD
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I get to run sound for a church service for the quarterly Missouri Presbytery meeting on Tuesday! Even more nerve-wracking than regular church!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:EDIT: Now ya'll… my friend thought this and looked it up on google images…
Joel Olsteen vs. Shaun White
*shivers* Now that's just scary!!
He has changed A LOT since being "The Flying Tomato"....
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~