Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Has anyone else on here seen this trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home?
I'm really looking forward to it.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:14 pm
Happy 2021! Hopefully, this year will be a better one than last year.

How's it going for everybody?
It’s been pretty good for me. A few highlights include that I ate some pepperoni which I’m pretty sure was rotten, I received a large amount of gum and it took months to eat it all, and on the 4th of July someone crashed into me with a shopping cart (or I crashed into them, depending on how you look at it… :anxious:).
How’s it been for everyone else?
Bananareader wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:31 pm
Has anyone else on here seen this trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home?
I’m very interested in seeing this! Always in favor of more Doctor Strange and Spider-Man interactions. I am annoyed, though, that none of the new Spider-Man movies are available on Disney+. I’ll have to actually leave the house and see it in theaters. :noway:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I feel like we need to use this thread more often! It's a nice way to talk with fellow SS members about...anything, really.

2021 has been pretty good for me. I got my first job in May and it's been really good for me, even if it leaves little time for anything other than school. Most days, I work on school, finish, and immediately throw on my work uniform and spend the rest of the day working. If I have extra schoolwork at the end of the day, I'll stay up at unholy hours of the night to complete it before crashing. I have three days off and any free time I spend with my family or talking to friends. Getting a job has strengthened my work ethic and taught me to appreciate my family and friends more, as long as learn to value time more. It's helped me spend less time online, which is great because I used to spend far too much time on the internet and social media.

You guys keep linking the new Spiderman trailer, but I've somehow successfully avoided seeing any clips of it :lol: I started watching Marvel for the first time and the next movies I have are Black Panther (I'm excited to see it!) and then Infinity War. :anxious: I'm scared about that one. I think I'm getting to the point I can call myself a casual Marvel fan :yes: I've had a blast and I'd like to listen to more in-depth analyses of the films but I'm staying away from spoilers online. I've been watching through a casual, more uncritical eye than usual for me, but I hope I can find some good podcasts or something when my watch-through is completed to analyze further.

A bit random, but is anybody a Star Wars fan here? \:D/
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am
and on the 4th of July someone crashed into me with a shopping cart (or I crashed into them, depending on how you look at it… :anxious:)
I request elaboration O.o
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:13 am
I feel like we need to use this thread more often! It's a nice way to talk with fellow SS members about...anything, really.
I agree! This is a pretty cool place to chat. Our great leader Belle is an absolute genius for creating this topic. It’s fun to read through it (and write in it, of course).
Monica Stone wrote:
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 am
and on the 4th of July someone crashed into me with a shopping cart (or I crashed into them, depending on how you look at it… :anxious:)
I request elaboration O.o
Very well. We were at the store and were ready to pay for everything and leave. I didn’t have a cart and was carrying an armload of stuff. I was walking towards the self-checkout section when all of a sudden, someone with a cart who was headed in the pathway I was walking hit my left hip with their cart. Ouch. The individual apologized, I said no problem, and we went our separate ways. My sister says that I wasn’t looking where I was going and walked into the path of the cart, but I argue that the person with the cart was the one who wasn’t looking where they were going. Or maybe neither one of us was looking where we were going, so I suppose it would work either way. Therefore, I can say that they crashed into me. \:D/
I shall return to the store and check the security cameras to find out who is really at fault! :x :P
Monica Stone wrote:
I started watching Marvel for the first time and the next movies I have are Black Panther (I'm excited to see it!) and then Infinity War. :anxious: I'm scared about that one. I think I'm getting to the point I can call myself a casual Marvel fan :yes: I've had a blast and I'd like to listen to more in-depth analyses of the films but I'm staying away from spoilers online. I've been watching through a casual, more uncritical eye than usual for me, but I hope I can find some good podcasts or something when my watch-through is completed to analyze further.
We also recently watched the Marvel movies. I liked Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok and Ant-Man; Captain Marvel was a marvelous movie as well (pun intended :D). It’s absolutely genius how Marvel set up their movies so that every single one connects with each other and builds up to Infinity War (great movie, by the way, I’m sure you’ll like it) and Endgame. It’s an enjoyable franchise to watch. I wouldn’t say I’m so big a fan that I would seek out podcasts, but I do keep up with all the news and upcoming movies and shows. :yes:
Monica Stone wrote:
A bit random, but is anybody a Star Wars fan here?
Ah, yes, Star Wars. There is a star wars topic which can be revived.
As for me, I’ve watched all 9 films and the animated Clone Wars film. Episodes I: The Phantom Menace, IV: A New Hope, and VII: The Force Awakens are my top favorites. I’ve also seen both seasons of The Mandalorian. Watched the first episode of the Clone Wars a little while ago. The upcoming The Book of Boba Fett show looks interesting as well. Star Wars is definitely an interesting franchise. Maybe I’ll try to invest more time into it.

In other news, I took a random online Shakespeare quotes test and surprisingly got a 10 out of 15. I was surprised, since I was only guessing at most of them. Actually, I only knew some of the answers from listening to episodes with Edwin Blackgaard, where he quotes Shakespeare. Just goes to show how useful AIO is :yes:

Oh, and today is my one-year anniversary of joining the Soda Shop! I’ve enjoyed being here and look forward to the years to come. \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I'm not sure about the rest of you all, but the weather has been lovely the past several days where I live. I, unfortunately, haven't been able to take much advantage of it. Have y'all been doing anything interesting during this nearly autumn time?
Polehaus53 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:47 am
We also recently watched the Marvel movies. I liked Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok and Ant-Man; Captain Marvel was a marvelous movie as well (pun intended :D). It’s absolutely genius how Marvel set up their movies so that every single one connects with each other and builds up to Infinity War (great movie, by the way, I’m sure you’ll like it) and Endgame. It’s an enjoyable franchise to watch. I wouldn’t say I’m so big a fan that I would seek out podcasts, but I do keep up with all the news and upcoming movies and shows. :yes:
I watched Infinity War last night. I'm not okay!

Marvel's worldbuilding is amazing! I love the connectivity in the films! It is so connected, however, if you don't keep up with everything, you will sooner or later realize you may be missing something important. It hasn't been a problem with me considering I've been watching every film in release order the past several months, but if one should miss a film (or a show, it would seem), they may have missed something crucial.

My favorite films thus far have been Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, and Infinity War. I like finding podcasts for things I enjoy; it makes me enjoy them even further! I love finding podcasts that are less focused on the nerdy details (though I do enjoy those and I will listen to them), but more focused on breaking down characters and themes. I hope I can find some good podcasts out there!
Polehaus53 wrote:
Ah, yes, Star Wars. There is a star wars topic which can be revived.
Pardon me while I revive the topic. I hope you'll join me over there \:D/
Polehaus53 wrote:
Oh, and today is my one-year anniversary of joining the Soda Shop! I’ve enjoyed being here and look forward to the years to come. \:D/
Congratulations! I can't even imagine my time on the Soda Shop without you around! My one-year anniversary was on September 2nd. What a time, huh?
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
A bit random, but is anybody a Star Wars fan here? \:D/
I consider myself a Star Wars fan I've seen all 9 movies, the clone wars excluding season 7(which is why I'm re-watching it),Star Wars rebels, and the Mandalorian, I still haven't seen the Bad Batch yet.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Polehaus53 wrote:
My sister says that I wasn’t looking where I was going and walked into the path of the cart, but I argue that the person with the cart was the one who wasn’t looking where they were going. Or maybe neither one of us was looking where we were going, so I suppose it would work either way. Therefore, I can say that they crashed into me. \:D/
I shall return to the store and check the security cameras to find out who is really at fault! :x :P
Don't listen to him! He was the one not looking where he was going! I am a witness! :x :lol: (just kidding. Actually, it's more accurate to say neither were looking where they were going)
Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:14 pm
Happy 2021! Hopefully, this year will be a better one than last year.

How's it going for everybody?
A lot of things have happened, but here are a few random things:
A few things I've done this year are finally registering my dogs with AKC Canine Partners....
I lost my phone in a huge field after running around it several times with my dogs (luckily, I found it)....
Finally saw all the Marvel movies, as you guys were talking about (I can't think of an absolute favorite, but I liked Infinity War and Ant Man)....
Speaking of ants, today I got bitten on the foot by a fire ant...

Oh, and... this is my 200th post! \:D/ :mad:
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Here's a trailer for the newest Smash bros ultimate DLC character which you guys might like if you haven't already seen it.
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

Here's is the teaser trailer for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Last edited by Bananareader on Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Don't just post that in the general thread.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

hey everyone, i realized this year makes a decade yall have been putting up with me. i might do something special for that ten-year mark, dunno. anyways, reach out if you wanna relive old memories, make news ones, just chat... i'm usually on the ToO chat in the background (just say my name) or you can PM me here. love yall <3 long live the ERK
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle