Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yes! The family is growing!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I've done that with other people's early posts before. *looks at the person who knows who he's talking about* 0=)

*smiles serenely and moves on*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I've reached 1000 posts! It's been an honour and an adventure. Quite seriously, I love everyone of you people very much, in different ways of course. Thank you for creating such a fun atmosphere, I look forward to seeing where I'll be with another thousand posts. :)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Congratulations, Jo! That's a huge landmark. \:D/

My siblings and I finished watching Stranger Things and now I don't know what to do with my life.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I loved, loved Stranger Things!! I'm dying for the second season.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Congrats GJFH! Love you too! <3 You are an amazing person!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

So I turned in a project today at 10:30 after getting around five hours of sleep, ate lunch, went back to my dorm, puttered around for a few hours, and took a "nap" at 4:00 in the afternoon that resulted in me waking up at 1:00 this morning and trying to figure out what century I'm in.

College is great. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:So I turned in a project today at 10:30 after getting around five hours of sleep, ate lunch, went back to my dorm, puttered around for a few hours, and took a "nap" at 4:00 in the afternoon that resulted in me waking up at 1:00 this morning and trying to figure out what century I'm in.

College is great. \:D/
It must be that night. \:D/ I'm trying to make two friends of mine break up the debate and go to bed, its 2 in the morning their time...
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm watching Christmas cartoons with my brothers, to get into the Holiday Season. One of our favourites is "Mickey's Once Upon A Time Christmas." We've watched it every year for as long as I can remember.
Every year we all get excited to hear from Alan Young, as Scrooge McDuck. We call him Uncle Jack. :)

Today as soon as I heard his voice and my brother shouted out "It's Uncle Jack!" I found there was a lump in my throat. This was almost twenty years ago. Still, he had managed to continue the role for years more, and impact many as Jack Allen.

I'll never get to hear anything more from him. It'll be the classics we'll choose, since he brought so much humour to the world...and we can still have that. What saddens me, I think, is that my childhood can't go any further, I can only look back at it. :(
May Alan Young rest in peace.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Did the chat stop working for anyone just now? I don't remember how many people were on but it just told me that odyssey.chat stopped responding. Does that mean it's a problem with my computer/internet connection or other?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Still working for me, Connie.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Okay thanks, I think it was just Kiwi because Mibbit works for me now. :wacky:

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the issue is Kiwi. I couldn't even connect to the chat until I used Mibbit.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yeah Kiwi died for me.... *sobs*
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

ALL MY SMILEYS I MISS THEM SO MUCH THERE'S NO :bye: SMILEY HALP :mad:

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I made us a topic on the ToO to help us cope. \:D/

http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35150
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So xD but I had no idea that the :bye: smiley actually worked. =0 I always use Mibbit so I just thought it was something everyone said and not that it became an emoji. :P

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

It's the most adorable, overdramatic thing ever tho

Audrey
Cookies & Creme

MIBBIT MASTERRACE.

Why bother with a system that gives you cool emojis when instead, you could have an account that preserves all of your really cringey private messages from 2014 (and onward)? Memories, guyz.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

-in response to T.S. in the Bookshelf thread-

I'm at the point where I'm no longer stressed about how many finals I have. I've endured the panic and the stress-based exhaustion; now I'm just staring into the void and even the void is getting uncomfortable.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love