Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh Bethany! You're leaving the club? *cries*
Actually I'm happy for you. As long as your eyes are getting the attention needed and you can see alright... :)
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Oh you'll be glad Bethy, I had glasses for about four or five years, it's kinda fun to pick them out. Are you gonna go with the really big frames or small ones?
Proud K.R.E Member
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well that's it for my scraps of respect for Ben Carson, they're gone.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Respect for Ben Carson?

Meh, lost that a long time ago.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

GJFH wrote:Oh Bethany! You're leaving the club? *cries*
Actually I'm happy for you. As long as your eyes are getting the attention needed and you can see alright... :)
It's official. I'm getting glasses. I'm sorry I'm ditching you!
When in told the doctor that I had some trouble when I drive he was like, yup! *writes prescription*
Mickey wrote:Oh you'll be glad Bethy, I had glasses for about four or five years, it's kinda fun to pick them out. Are you gonna go with the really big frames or small ones?
I'll get a large pair. I have an oblong face shape, so the big, square ones look good.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Wow, PF, that's bad even for Dr. Carson. I have respect for his medical achievements, but not for his political career, if I'm allowed to divorce the two.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I finally was able to take the quiz - http://www.quizony.com/what-kind-of-coo ... you/1.html
And voilà! I am -
A Ginger Cookie
You are a ginger cookie! You're independent, charismatic, and one of a kind.
8) 8) 8)
Last edited by GJFH on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Didi
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:I finally was able to take the quiz... http://www.quizony.com/what-kind-of-coo ... result.html

And voilà! I am -
A Ginger Cookie
You are a ginger cookie! You're independent, charismatic, and one of a kind.
8) 8) 8)
You are, you really are. And I'm an Oreo :lol: although I am not a serious person really. I laugh.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Didi wrote:
You are, you really are. And I'm an Oreo :lol: although I am not a serious person really. I laugh.
:D I love oreos! And I am more serious, though a goofball when I want to be.
We need more people to take the quiz!

Didi
Cookies & Creme

It should be a thread.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I'm a chocolate chip cookie. :yes:

The ToO has an entire sub forum for quizzes. And just as an fyi, you can turn any URL into a link with

Code: Select all

[url] put URL here[/url]
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

It's best to forget what of any thing I said about my cooking skills.
This was homemade hot chocolate...the dark part on the outside is hardened chocolate and the white parts are curdled milk. :cry:

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Wow that was a huge success. ;) I'm not a great cook myself, but I have never burned hot chocolate..
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Wowwww Blitz...
I tried, okay? And I won't probably ever try again. The kitchen stove is covered in the goop. :wacky:

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Oh now the goop I hate. My dad always makes me clean it up then and there.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I'M OFFICIALLY LEAVING MY PARENTS. I AM NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE TS FAMILY. :x

"The ACT with be easy" they said. :x "It's like third grade math at the hardest" they said. :x

I THINK I FAILED IT. Obviously your few comments saying you didn't find the ACT super difficult meant I didn't need to study at all, and now it's totally all your fault. -______-

But seriously, I'd almost say the ACT was harder then the SAT. GRANTED, I took the SAT at the end of the school year last year, after taking classes that were right about the level the SAT is at. And the ACT I took at the start of this school year, after a busy summer where I forgot everything and a busy fall where I'm not exactly studying in general as hard as I normally can. But still, the ACT math was definitely harder then the SAT math... and there are /two/ SAT math tests. The SAT only had very few Trig problems that I can remember, and I took several official SAT practice tests, and not one of them had problems dealing with proofs, while the ACT had two I think. Also, ACT science is just rough. >_> But oh well, I'm just a complainer. I have a good SAT score, so hopefully colleges will accept me even with a bad ACT score. =p (I'll have to wait a while to see what I actually get though) I do grant the ACT's essay for the SAT. The SAT essay was this half page article that you read and the instructions for the essay was to "summarize the document and describe how the author presents their viewpoint. And, don't you even dare to even MENTION or HINT what your oppinion is on the issue or you will be sued $300, sent to prison, and you will never be able to get into college. Ok, thx, get to writing. =)" The ACT was a short paragraph on an issue, and then three viewpoints on the issue and you were to summarize the different views on the topic and state your own opinion. Which was tons easier for me to write, even though I don't think I did it very good, but anyhow. =) I can't talk about it, but I felt very blessed since I knew about the topic. 0__0 =)

Well, that was a long random rant that I doubt no one read except moderators that already hate me and would just love to kick me out........... BUT, if you are like me... you may find the above humorous. =D Ok. bye.
xo eht haiasi-
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Too many caps and smileys, enjoy your permaban and execution :P

Sounds rough. College testing is really quite stupid imo >_> but there's really no better way to do it.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Blitz wrote:Wow that was a huge success. ;) I'm not a great cook myself, but I have never burned hot chocolate..
I second this. That was a success. It looks delicious, Grace! :P
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Isaiah the Ox wrote:I'M OFFICIALLY LEAVING MY PARENTS. I AM NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE TS FAMILY. :x

"The ACT with be easy" they said. :x "It's like third grade math at the hardest" they said. :x
Nooooo. :( We didn't mean to mislead you. We're sorry. :anxious:
Isaiah the Ox wrote:The SAT essay was this half page article that you read and the instructions for the essay was to "summarize the document and describe how the author presents their viewpoint. And, don't you even dare to even MENTION or HINT what your opinion is on the issue or you will be sued $300, sent to prison, and you will never be able to get into college. Ok, thx, get to writing. =)"
I had a standardized college essay like this. It was not fun. :(

But yeah, you probably didn't do that badly, and even so, you should be fine with just an SAT score. I think it's pretty common to do much better on one over the other.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Sighting near my house, right off the highway, in rural Oklahoma:
Someone spraypainted this abandoned trailer late last night like a giant billboard :P.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games