Chatter in the Booths

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

*Nerds out over Daredevil reference*

Question, has anyone watched the Netflix show, Daredevil?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Helios
Butter Pecan

I used to be a Marvel girl, now I am all DC. Well, comics, anyway. I don't care for the shows....except for Agents of SHIELD! And the Marvel movies. But in my opinion, there can be no Batman without his Robin(s). *points to picture* Besides which, all four boys are so drop-dead GORGEOUS. :twisted:
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

So... I got contacts today. Feels very weird.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Congratulations Steppay!!! Do you prefer them over glasses?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

I'm going to get contacts soon. My eyes are pretty bad and I know I need to get them checked out but I did NOT want to get glasses. I look horrible in them. I think I finally convinced my dad to let me get contacts. He had a bad experience with contacts so he didnt want to let me get them.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Paula wrote:Congratulations Steppay!!! Do you prefer them over glasses?
I don't know yet. I am very blinky... It's really weird to not have the glasses rims in my peripheral vision anymore!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Contacts forever \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I got a new phone case a few days ago. I REALLY love it. Obviously, I'm a nerd.
-Nicolas Cage
Helios
Butter Pecan

That is the nerdiest nerdiness of Nerd-Dom. You are obviously their Queen. :D
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

:twisted: This is why I have no girlfriends.... O.o
Helios wrote:I used to be a Marvel girl, now I am all DC. Well, comics, anyway. I don't care for the shows....except for Agents of SHIELD! And the Marvel movies. But in my opinion, there can be no Batman without his Robin(s). *points to picture* Besides which, all four boys are so drop-dead GORGEOUS. :twisted:
Yes, I can wholeheartedly say that Agents of Shield is awful. :yes:
Do you like Flash or Arrow?
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote::twisted: This is why I have no girlfriends.... O.o
Are you saying it's bad for girls to be nerds? :evil:

Apple, River, and I are total nerds and we geek out over things all the time.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Gurl, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, I only have guy friends because girls can't take... this...
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:Gurl, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, I only have guy friends because girls can't take... this...
*is still offended* :x

I CAN NERD OUT OVER THINGS TOO!

In other news, I finished Legend of Korra and am now watching Gravity Falls. We'll see if I'm hooked er not.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Blitz
Moose Tracks

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:
Paula wrote:Congratulations Steppay!!! Do you prefer them over glasses?
I don't know yet. I am very blinky... It's really weird to not have the glasses rims in my peripheral vision anymore!
I would sure like to have my peripheral vision. There are elves dancing there!

Hmm I'm too nerdy for most guys...
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Belle wrote:In other news, I finished Legend of Korra and am now watching Gravity Falls. We'll see if I'm hooked er not.
Queen! Yas! I hope you enjoy it. xD
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

@Belle: Were you disappointed by the last season of LoK? I know I was. =P

Also—yay! You're getting into Gravity Falls! I hope you enjoy it—I think it's amazing. :D
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:@Belle: Were you disappointed by the last season of LoK? I know I was. =P
Was I disappointed with it? No, not really. I knew going into it, after hearing from others, that it wasn't as good as Avatar, but with that mindset, I really enjoyed it, all of it.

The last season was different, yes, but I liked the character development of Korra.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Must be just me, then. I hated almost everything about Book 4, especially the finale where Korra has to tell Tenzin—with this hopeless, apathetic expression on her face—that she had to endure physical and psychological trauma to learn a lesson, then walks off into the spirit portal with someone who not only has the personality and development of a lump of cotton candy, but also with whom she has displayed no chemistry nor has she seemed to reciprocate that character's attempts to help her. =/

I mean, I know it's just fiction, but Books 1 and 2 were so good and so interesting, and they honestly could have stuck the landing with Book 4 had they just cut off the last episode before the epilogue, especially given how powerful "Beyond the Wilds" was in its handling of Korra's recovery. But the way the show ultimately ended...well, it kind of killed my enjoyment of not only the show, but the Avatarverse as a whole. More than anything, I hate it for Korra's sake, because she was such a great and revolutionary character who was done such a disservice in the end. =(

I will say that "Remembrances" was hilarious. ^_^ I thought it was really cool that they managed to make such a memorable episode with the budget that they had, even though they had the rug pulled out from under them in production.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Helios
Butter Pecan

Bethany Shepard wrote:
Helios wrote:I used to be a Marvel girl, now I am all DC. Well, comics, anyway. I don't care for the shows....except for Agents of SHIELD!
Yes, I can wholeheartedly say that Agents of Shield is awful. :yes:
Do you like Flash or Arrow?
Actually...I meant to say I LIKED Agents of SHIELD. :wacky: I must have worded that wrong.

NOPE. I dislike Arrow mainly because 1. Ollie Queen's never been my favorite hero 2. Dinah Lance is just casted....wrong... and 3. ROY IS NOT A RED HEAD. I am a person who believes in the sanctity of comic-book canon. Also, I hate Thea. :twisted: And the fact that Ollie's mom isn't dead. (does that make me sound like a psycho or what?)

Now as for Flash... *moans and face-plants into her keyboard* There's just sooo much I find wrong with it, beginning with the reverse Michael Jackson they pulled on Wally West. YES, I KNOW, New 52 changed him to a black guy, BUT that doesn't mean I have to like it. Wally is and forever will be that mischievous freckled-face ginger from Young Justice. BECAUSE THAT IS WALLY. Also, the one from Justice League. *bows to the might of Michael Rosenbaum* And another thing...BARRY IS BLOND, PEOPLE. Please, stop changing the coloring of iconic heroes just because the powers that be demand it.

Anyway, done with my rant. :)
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

We are no longer friends.

JK. :lol:
-Nicolas Cage