Star Wars thread

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I loved III, IV, and VI. I know everyone likes V, but aside from the "Luke, I am your father" scene at the end, I found it to be rather boring. As for I and II, I wouldn't be a true Star Wars fan if I liked that garbage (That's sort of a joke. They do have their moments, but they just can't compare to the spectacularness of the Original Trilogy.) My best friend and I were majorly obsessed with the movies when we were like... 8, but I can't honestly remember the last time I watched one.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I'M SO EXCITED. It looks awesome. I love the little droid on the ball thing xD
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

If Disney screws this up, I'll be practicing my bow and arrow on every image of Mickey Mouse I can find from now on. Still, it does look pretty awesome.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I was so excited for the trailer. I watched in literally the minute it was released on the internet. I had extremely low expectations and the trailer highered them slightly, but not very much.

The first time I watched the trailer I absolutely hated it. After watching it a couple times I'm finally starting to like it more. I had a few problems with the trailer. In the first scene, a stormtrooper pops up and starts running. I found this scene to be extremely cheesy. The stormtrooper just pops up so randomly and fast it makes it seem so cheesy. It just shows a still of the desert (Tatooine?) for exactly 23 seconds then all of a sudden....POP...stormtrooper. He pops up so quickly it seems like he's about to start singing a song. I'd hate for this to become Star Wars: The Musical. After that he just starts running frantically. BUT FROM WHAT? Or to what?

Second scene. The new droid. I don't really have anything against this, but I kind of wish they didnt introduce a new droid so quickly. There are a ton of great droids that we only got glimpses of in the previous movies that could be reused. Anyway, this new droid looks pretty interesting.

Third scene. The stormtroopers. The new helmets actually look amazing! I love how they only changed the design slightly to make them look a bit better and modern. It looks like the stormtroopers are in a dropship gearing up (for an attack?).

Fourth scene. Now this scene really feels like original Star Wars. There's a new ship/bike thing that looks neat, with a girl riding it on what looks like a new planet (although it could be Tatooine).

Fifth scene. X-Wings flying over water. This looks amazing! It could be on Endor or Dagobah or an unintroduced planet. However, the scenery is beautiful and the x-wings look amazing!

Sixth scene. A hooded, robed, figure stumbles into the forest. Could this be our new villain. Is he going to turn around? Will we get a glimpse of his face? NOPE! Instead he pulls out a new, lame lightsaber. Yes, with a crossbar. Trailer ruined. No, scratch that. STAR WARS IS RUINED FOR ME! I didnt have any huge problems with the trailer except for the new lightsaber. WE DON'T NEED A NEW LIGHTSABER. This crossbar lightsaber has never appeared in the Expanded Universe! Why fix something that isn't broken? It just makes it worse! Oh, and what was the purpose of this scene anyway? What was the robed figure thinking?
" Oh yeah, I think I'm going to walk into the forest. Like reeaally deep into the forest. I'm going to take out my lightsaber. Not to fight anything. No. Just to make a cool pose. Yeah! Look at me! I'm in the forest posing with my lightsaber. OK, time to go home now."
Sigh, really JJ Abrams?
YOU RUINED LOST FOR ME, YOU RUINED STAR TREK FOR ME (kind of, Benedict Cumberbatch was good in it) NOW YOU'VE RUINED STAR WARS FOR ME! There is no need for a new lightsaber.

Next scene....wait......is that John Williams classic theme song? Is that the Millenium Falcon? Tie Fighters? IT IS! OK, forget everything I said about the last scene! This movie's going to be AWESOME!!!!

Really though, do something about the name. Really? The Force Awakens? Was it asleep? Didn't it "awaken" when Yoda taught Luke in the original Star Wars.

Oh well.

In conclusion. I think it's going to be a great movie. I just hate the new lightsaber. Like, I really hate it. But oh well. I've already made plans to personally rent out an IMAX Theater on premiere night to go see it with over 30 friends. So no lightsaber is going to stop me from seeing it.

Hey, is that Andy Serkis doing the (somewhat cheesy) voiceover? I hope so! He was confirmed to be in the cast.

Ok, I'm done my rant for the half-terrible and half-incredibly-AMAZING trailer.

Just please don't screw it up, JJ....please.
Wakko
Pistachio

I thought it was fine. >_> Also, it's called a "teaser" for a reason, it's not supposed to give away any of the plot. They're not going to go into detail of who this new droid is, or why the stormtrooper is running. =P
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I really want to see it. :D I'm a little skeptical... but we shall see.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I have still not seen star wars.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

...What... O.o Like... 1,2,3,4,5,6?
-Nicolas Cage
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I thought the new lightsaber with the crossbar was a very smart idea.. if Luke had one, he would have never gotten his hand chopped off. And yes, the dude at the beginning popping up like that was a tad cheesy, but overall, I thought the trailer looked awesome.

@Blitz: You. have. never. seen. Star Wars. *does Jedi mind trick on Blitz* You will watch all 6... you will stay up all night watching them... you will love them... you will come back and tell me that Han Solo is the best character...
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

My favorite part about the teaser was the new lightsaber. It looks AMAZINGLYCOOL. I love how it looks more like fire than a glow stick. Not sure why it's a big deal.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

If I had a lightsaber like that I would end up cutting my hand off.
Believe me... with me... anything accidentally could happen.
-Nicolas Cage
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I seriously can't find any of them online. Well other than the Phantom Menance.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Wakko
Pistachio

Blitz wrote:I seriously can't find any of them online. Well other than the Phantom Menance.
Well you shouldn't be watching pirated versions of movies anyway. :-
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Ooh... busted. O.o You know, Blitz, it's times like this when Netflix really comes in handy.

I for one don't really see the big deal about the 3-bladed lightsaber either. I watched a humorous video of George Lucas's reaction to the trailer that was sort of satirizing hardcore Star Wars fanatics' reaction to the lightsaber.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I'm with Beth...

"Hey guys check out my new lightsaber!" *hand was too far up..* "Uhhmmm just kidding..."

But, it looks awesome, IMO... And I can't wait to see it! My heart did this kind of flutter thing when I heard the theme song *cough* :mrgreen:
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Ooh... busted. O.o You know, Blitz, it's times like this when Netflix really comes in handy.
*coughcough* There are no Star Wars movies on Netflix...
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

underseasie wrote:
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:Ooh... busted. O.o You know, Blitz, it's times like this when Netflix really comes in handy.
*coughcough* There are no Star Wars movies on Netflix...
There are, but you have to order them from their website. You can't stream them unfortunately.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

You could also rent Star Wars online on amazon or another site like that.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

*slight bump* Who's ready for December? \:D/