Star Wars thread

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I was SO happy when I saw the trailer! XD

Did the narration sound like Mark Hamill to y'all?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Yeah, it sounded like him to me. I assume it was him.
I'm pumped. It looks freakin' amazing. Freaking. Awesome. Words cannot describe how excited I am for this.
Ok, what do you guys think of the remastered versions of Star Wars? Personally, I feel like every time George Lucas goes back and re-produces the movies, they get worse and worse. Everything he adds in decreases the quality of the movies. Star Wars IV-VI work so much better as 70s-80s movies than as movies written and shot in the 70s but edited in the 2000s. What's your guys' opinions on that?
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I can't wait. When is it coming out?
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Sameriazx wrote:I can't wait. When is it coming out?
Christmas 2015.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Your poor question was skipped. :|

Hmmm. I agree with you. Also, you can't perfect perfection.

I don't have a problem with them enhancing the film format, but when they start messing with the actual effects, you need to be exploded with the death star. Ya know what I'm saying?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Woody
Cookies & Creme

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Helios
Butter Pecan

Woody wrote:RIP Carrie Fisher :(
:cry: *wails*
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

May her loved ones find peace and comfort, being blessed to gain understanding by our father in heaven.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

I have come to revive this thread because I love Star Wars greatly and unabashedly. I only became a fan a little more over a year ago but I had an extremely uneventful summer of 2021 and I sunk myself deeply into the franchise. I've watched all the movies and the shows (with the exception of the non-canon 2D Clone Wars series & Resistance, both of which I want to watch.)

My favorite theatrically released films are Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. My favorite un-theatrically "movie" is Siege of Mandalore, the last four episodes of The Clone Wars. They function as a movie so I consider them as a movie. They are possibly flawless and I'd love to discuss them if anybody has seen them.

I truly wouldn't be the fan I am today if it weren't for The Clone Wars show. Although I struggled to get through some episodes (particularly the first season and the movie), it really got better and better as it went on, resulting in the most brilliant content I've seen from Star Wars PERIOD. It provided us with some of the most beautifully done stories and characters such as Ahsoka Tano and Rex. It also really added so much to the prequel time period, characters, and story. It takes pre-established characters from the time period and adds so much to them. I love this show to bits, flaws and all. Plus, The Mandalorian wouldn't exist without this show and all it does to establish the Mandalorians and Mandalore with its layered backstory.

What are your guys' favorite characters, moments, and films? I would absolutely love to hear from you all!
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Patterson
Strawberry

Would I be stoned in the streets if I said the movie I liked watching the most was The Force Awakens? I came into star wars late into the game, but I'm a big fan now, even after episodes 8 and 9. I watched the Original trilogy first, then the prequels, the way it was meant to be. Actually my first exposure to star wars was the Complete Saga lego game on the wii. The Clone wars is really good overall. The force awakens was my favorite even though it was just a retread of the original. here's my ranking of star wars stuff.
1. The books. Awesome, even the weird ones like Lando and the mind harp of Sharu. I'm partway through Darth Plagueis right now. :geek:
2. Lego Star wars videos (Droid tales is hilarious, Freemakers is awesome, Yoda chronicles stuff is pretty funny)
3. Clone Wars Show, has it's duds, but some really good stuff too.
4. Force Awakens. Love the visuals, felt like updated star wars, Han Solo was amazing!
5. A New Hope I love old vfx.
6. Revenge of the sith Stunning visuals, okay story, sightly less clunky dialog.
7. Solo Love street level star wars.
8-9. Attack of the Clones, Return of the Jedi Just depends on my mood. Love some parts of both(skiff fight, Coruscant) but some moments (ewoks, Anakin romance) really really stink.
10.The Mandalorian Liked most of it, but sometimes too bleak for my mood.
11. Empire Strikes back, liked it but didn't love it. Good movie but overrated in my opinion.
12. The Bad Batch. Played it safe, but still entertaining.
13.Rise of Skywalker, Conflicting feelings on it, a few moments were fun(Babu Phrick, lightspeed Skipping{though I wish they did better with that}, but most of it was kinda meh.
14. 2d clone wars, enjoyable but pretty chaotic. Loved OP Mace Windu.
15. The Last Jedi. They've massacred my boy. Liked general hux though.
16. animated droids show: I've only seen the hour long episode about the great heap.
16. The Holiday Special: So bad, it's almost worse. :wacky:
17.Ewoks: caravan of courage. The only thing on this list I didn't like to any extent.
As for video games, I've played the Lego Complete Saga, Lego clone Wars(love the ground battles), The Force Unleashed and the android version of lego force awakens. I didn't think it would be fair to rank these on a list because video game enjoyment for me is entirely based on my mood. Lego force awakens was pretty bad though.
I haven't seen the anime series yet, but I don't typically enjoy anime stuff(except for the ghibli movie about the airplane designer) I haven't seen Ewoks: battle for endor or the animated ewoks series yet and never plan to. Haven't read the comic books but action comic books aren't my thing(I do love me some Donald Duck and Scrooge though) The leaked episode of Star wars Detours I saw was hilarious, but disney will never let that see the light of day.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Ah, yes. Star Wars. Thanks for reviving this topic, Monica Stone and Greatkindheartedbush.
As for me, I’ve seen all nine films, Solo, Rouge One, and the animated Clone Wars movie. I’ve also seen both seasons of The Mandalorian. Watched the first episode of the Clone Wars a while ago. I’ll probably check out The Book of Boba Fett show when it comes out.
greatkindheartedbush wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 pm
Would I be stoned in the streets if I said the movie I liked watching the most was The Force Awakens?
Not by me, I also liked Episode VII. It’s one of my top favorites. Han Solo was the best part.
Monica Stone wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:33 am
What are your guys' favorite characters, moments, and films? I would absolutely love to hear from you all!
Here are my top favorite films (in no particular order):
Episode I: The Phantom Menace, IV: A New Hope, and VII: The Force Awakens. I thought Solo was pretty interesting as well.
I can’t recall any specific favorite moments, but I do like the characters Han Solo and R2-D2 and C3-PO; their interactions are fun to watch. And that droid, K-2SO (I think that’s his name?) from Rogue One was great, I really like him. I hear he’ll be appearing in the upcoming Andor show, so I’ll definitely be watching for that.
17.Ewoks: caravan of courage. The only thing on this list I didn't like to any extent.
I’m curious to know: exactly how bad are the Ewoks films? I noticed them on Disney+ and have been considering watching them.
16. The Holiday Special: So bad, it's almost worse.
Ah, the unspeakable Holiday Special. The one film in the franchise that nobody talks about (or else they don’t know of its existence). I 100% plan to watch this in the future, I’ve heard a lot about it. \:D/

I hear a lot about The Clone Wars. It sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if I want to commit myself to watching all 7 seasons at the moment. I’ll probably watch it at some point in the future, though.

I’ve also heard a lot about The Bad Batch. Since it’s shorter, I am more interested and likely to watch it, but I’ve heard that it follows The Clone Wars. Here’s my question which I hope you all can answer: Do I need to watch the whole show The Clone Wars before watching this one, or can The Bad Batch be viewed as a standalone thing?

Overall, Star Wars is certainly an interesting franchise. Although I haven’t invested as much time into Star War as much as other franchises, it does interest me enough that I do have plans to watch more.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Patterson
Strawberry

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm

I’m curious to know: exactly how bad are the Ewoks films? I noticed them on Disney+ and have been considering watching them.

I hear a lot about The Clone Wars. It sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if I want to commit myself to watching all 7 seasons at the moment. I’ll probably watch it at some point in the future, though.

I’ve also heard a lot about The Bad Batch. Since it’s shorter, I am more interested and likely to watch it, but I’ve heard that it follows The Clone Wars. Here’s my question which I hope you all can answer: Do I need to watch the whole show The Clone Wars before watching this one, or can The Bad Batch be viewed as a standalone thing?
I've only seen the first Ewok movie but I can definitely say it's not what I'm looking for with Star Wars. It's more like a little fairy tale type story. Two kids go looking for their kidnapped parents with some ewoks. They use a few magical items when they're stuck along the way and the little girl is too whiny sometimes for me. We have it because my younger brother bought it at a yard sale years ago. You might give it a shot, but don't expect any laser battles. I personally didn't like it at all, but everyone's different. I've heard the second one's a little better.

With the Clone Wars, story arcs based on the clones (kamino invasion, the citadel, Umbara, and the episodes about Fives) or episodes about Mandalorians tend to be the best in my opinion but those build off of one another quite a bit if I remember right. The list of "essential" episodes on disney plus seems to be a little too random to be the best ones for starting off with btw.

I think the Bad Batch works pretty well as a standalone thing. If you're familiar with the prequel movies, you're pretty good to go. The only thing you really need to know from the clone wars is that the Bad Batch team has genetic enhancements(or robotic in the case of Echo) that give them some special abilities. You might want to watch episodes 1-4 of clone wars season seven first because it helps establish the bad batch team better but I don't think you really need to. The bad batch show alludes to some things that happened in the clone wars, but most of it is explained pretty quickly. mild clone wars spoiler I think might help a little
Captain Rex, a former clone leader under Anakin Skywalker, removed his brain chip(those get explained in the bad batch) and escaped the empire by faking his death.
I noticed I forgot Rogue One and the Phantom Menace on my ranking list earlier, oops. I liked phantom menace quite a bit except for JarJar. Rogue One was a little too depressing for my taste, but K2S0 was great.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Hmmm star wars star wars
I may make an essay later but the big highlights - Rise of Skywalker is utter cr*p, Empires the best one, and most of the others are mediocre.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Well, I guess I'm going to write in a Star Wars thread. Gasp, I never thought I'd live to see this day.
Sarcasm aside, I knew nothing about Star Wars (apart from the old classic, "I am your father." :twisted: ) until 2020, when our parents suggested that we watch the films. Aside from the films, I've seen The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.

So. The Book of Boba Fett is now fully released. What did everyone think?
Starting out, I was mostly "eh" about it. However, by the time Episode 4 rolled around, I felt like I was starting to understand/appreciate Boba Fett more. And that's when Episode 5 came out. Not quite sure what to think about how the rest of the season went in terms of "was it really necessary to make The Mandalorian such a huge part of it." Thoughts?
Also, I was surprised to see Corey Burton in the credits! He voiced Cad Bane, so that was pretty cool.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Patterson
Strawberry

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:02 pm
Well, I guess I'm going to write in a Star Wars thread. Gasp, I never thought I'd live to see this day.
Yes, welcome to the Dark Side.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
I really liked the Tusken Raider parts, myself. There's just something goofy about tuskens trying to jump off of speeder bikes and nose lizards causing hallucinations that I find hilarious. The first Mando focused episode was really good, but the second Mando focused episode was really slow. The finale was pretty good, but I was a little disappointed that Cad Bane never used his rocket boots from the Clone Wars show. Mando's new ship makes me think of some souped-up lego starfighters I built for my younger brother. :D
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Patterson wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 pm
I think the Bad Batch works pretty well as a standalone thing. If you're familiar with the prequel movies, you're pretty good to go. The only thing you really need to know from the clone wars is that the Bad Batch team has genetic enhancements(or robotic in the case of Echo) that give them some special abilities.
Thanks for the information! I’ll definitely check it out soon.

Speaking of which, I noticed your Cad Bane video on the ToO. You did an excellent Cad Bane impression, and I wouldn’t have guessed that it was you if you hadn’t mentioned it. Very good job on the video, I enjoyed it! :lol: :clap:

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Here are a few of my thoughts:
I really never thought much about Boba Fett until this show was announced. It’s safe to say I was only interested because of his role in The Mandalorian. Upon watching this show, I now have more appreciation and interest in his character. The flashback scenes were interesting, but I was actually finding myself more interested in his present-day situation as ruler of Tatooine and his various conflicts than I was about his past, I’m not quite sure why.

Oh, and of course, Cory Burton was in it, so that’s always a plus. \:D/ Always good to see an AIO actor in other media, it makes the experience more fun for me. I thought the finale episode was really good as well.

Patterson wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:24 pm
I really liked the Tusken Raider parts, myself. There's just something goofy about tuskens trying to jump off of speeder bikes and nose lizards causing hallucinations that I find hilarious.
We definitely learned a lot about the Tusken Raiders here. I found their story and culture interesting. The speeder bikes part was great. I can’t say I quite enjoyed the nose lizard causing hallucinations, though. That whole thing seemed a bit odd to me, and I am now going to start freaking out the next time a bug or anything else goes up my nostrils. Imagine the brain damage Boba Fett now has from that thing crawling around in his head, that can't be healthy. :noway: :P

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Not quite sure what to think about how the rest of the season went in terms of "was it really necessary to make The Mandalorian such a huge part of it." Thoughts?
I definitely wasn’t expecting an entire hijack of the show. It certainly got my interest, though. :lol: However, I’m divided as to whether it was really necessary to make him take over like he did. I personally think Boba Fett could’ve carried his own show without assistance from The Mandalorian. I was invested enough in it as it was before Mando showed up. But maybe that’s just me. Some people I’ve talked to say that the show was terrible until he showed up, so I guess it may be a matter of opinion among different people. But there’s no denying that his inclusion probably got a lot more people interested in the show.

It's just that I had thought the Mandalorian would be an entirely separate thing from the Boba Fett show. If anything, I thought Mando would make a brief appearance at the very end to create buildup of Season 3 of The Mandalorian. That would’ve been a good way to do it. Instead, they essentially released what could’ve been the first episode of Season 3 as the fifth episode of The Book of Boba Fett. Now when season 3 of The Mandalorian does release, it’s going to be very anticlimactic, since Mando is going to have the Child with him again after the entirety of season 2 was about him getting Grogu to a Jedi. And now it’s been undone. Although I guess it still can work; the Child just randomly shows up, and I assume Mando doesn’t know that Luke gave him the choice to either stay or leave, so I suppose the first episode could now have Mando going back to Luke and asking why Grogu was sent back to him.
In my opinion, Season 3 could work fine without Grogu being part of it. There’s the whole thing with the Dark Saber and of whether Mof Gideon will really face justice which can be focused on. But hey, I’m not complaining; Season 3 is releasing sometime later this year, and I look forward to it. We’ll see how it goes.

Anyway, those are just a few of my thoughts. Anyone have any thoughts on my thoughts?

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Patterson
Strawberry

Polehaus53 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm
Speaking of which, I noticed your Cad Bane video on the ToO. You did an excellent Cad Bane impression, and I wouldn’t have guessed that it was you if you hadn’t mentioned it. Very good job on the video, I enjoyed it! :lol: :clap:
Thank you! :D I'm not that great at impressions or anything, but they sure are fun to do. Odyssey voice impressions are tough though. I can a couple really minor characters like Dr. Julius Schnitzelbonker, and Detective Colimbo (not sure that count's as it's just Detective Columbo) pretty well.
Polehaus53 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm
I can’t say I quite enjoyed the nose lizard causing hallucinations, though. That whole thing seemed a bit odd to me, and I am now going to start freaking out the next time a bug or anything else goes up my nostrils. Imagine the brain damage Boba Fett now has from that thing crawling around in his head, that can't be healthy. :noway: :P
I seem to remember a Star Wars youtuber making a theory that the lizard causing mind control is the reason that Boba Fett's personality is so different from pre-disney buyout Boba. A lot of fans weren't happy with the new fairly laid-back personality of Boba Fett, but I kinda like it. It's not so soap opera-ey as some of the Legends Boba Fett stuff I've read.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Alright guys, who's watching The Mandalorian season 3?
I don't consider myself well-versed in the Stars Wars universe as a whole, so I won't get into much detail.
I liked episode 2. Probably one of my favorites in the season so far. The part with the blood sucking monster had me creeped out. O.o Not sure how I feel about episode 3, with that whole Pershing story. It was really giving me Andor feels, and I'm not sure if I like that. The Andor style is good because it's...Andor, but I don't know if that style should be combined with The Mandalorian, which has its own distinct style.
I do like that we are seeing more about the Mandalorians and their culture/traditions. I look forward to the rest of the season.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Ah, yes. Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I have thoughts.
I enjoyed the first episode. The part where Grogu starts squeezing the tiny mechanic guys (Anzellan, I think they’re called?) and they say, “bad baby!” was hilarious! I couldn’t stop laughing. :lol:

The third episode, featuring Pershing, was unusual. Why in the world did Dr. Pershing star in the entire episode? It’s like when Mando hijacked episode 5 of The Book of Boba Fett. The only difference here is that I actually liked Mando taking over Boba Fett’s show. :anxious: I feel like this could’ve tied in better to the other episodes, because I don’t think it made much impact on the show. I assume it might become important in Season 4, but for this season, the episode felt very disjointed for me.

I liked the sixth episode, “Guns for Hire”. Coincidentally enough, I had just watched The Super Mario Bros. Movie on the day I watched this episode. I was very surprised to see Jack Black again! I liked the plot about the malfunctioning droids rebelling. Although I’ve seen that this episode got some negative reviews, I thought it was enjoyable.

The finale episode was pretty good. I feel like the show has been focusing more on Bo-Katan than Din Djarin, so I’m glad that we got some more focus on what the show started with: Mando and The Child. The fight with Mof Gideon was good, although I think that he probably survived the explosion.
Those are some of my thoughts, anyway. Anyone else have any thoughts on The Mandalorian (or Star Wars in general)?