Soda Shop Board of Security and Defense

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Vote!

Poll ended at Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Pound Foolish
10%
Wretched Sinner
9%
Arkán Dreamwalker
10%
God's Girl
15%
Old Judge
15%
Underseasie
12%
Waldo
10%
Nelson S.
4%
T.S. (myself)
13%

Total votes: 67

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Soda Shop Board of Security and Defense

Greetings, Soda Shop members.

Today I have a serious matter to bring before you. It involves our Board of Security and Defense, or, rather, the fact that one does not exist. The ToO has made critical developments recently in their Message Board Attack Missiles program (MBAM), detonating test missiles on October 7th, completely obliterating a MLP forum. According to one of the key figures in charge of the program, a member known simply as Woody, the program should reach completion within the next month. This could spell danger to our board. With many of the previous diplomats and ambassadors (who have played such an important role in interboard relations up until now) retiring and moving to New Zealand, and interboard tensions at the highest point for months, the ToO may decide to turn on us next.

(http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 9&start=20 the discussion lasts several pages)

First and foremost, we should create a Board of Security and Defense (which can contain up to six members). Please nominate members (not yourself) who you think would serve the board selflessly and wisely, giving reasons for the nomination. We will vote in Board members after ten nominations have been made. Then, the Board of Security and Defense will propose several courses of action within this thread, after having discussed them via PM (or possibly also within the thread).

We should take a course of action within the next week.

For my nomination, I suggest Old Judge. He has served the board already for quite some time. He displays good judgement and sound reasoning. If he was on the Board, he could help us through this crisis.

EDIT: Please vote SIX times, one vote for each candidate you think would do best.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Question: How could anything "spell danger to our board"...?

I'm afraid I'm rather ignorant of how this stuff works, could you please explain to me a little? Perhaps in a PM...?

But suggestion-wise, I would suggest Ben/Nelson.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

:o Obliterating an MLP board? How terrible!!

I nominate TS, for bringing it up, and for his long loyal service to the SS.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I nominate...... Uh.... Ben.... I guess.....maybe
Last edited by Wretched Sinner on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Metal15 wrote:Question: How could anything "spell danger to our board"...?

I'm afraid I'm rather ignorant of how this stuff works, could you please explain to me a little? Perhaps in a PM...?

But suggestion-wise, I would suggest Ben/Nelson.
My apologies for not being clearer. I assure you, the threat to our board is as real as the existence of the board-destroying missiles.

;)

Information on the MLP forum has been hard to get, so I'm not sure how much was destroyed, or the casualties involved. I do know, however, that such a direct hit from such a missile could cause severe damage to the SS. Perhaps even destroy the board.

Thank you for the nomination.

WS, thank you for the post, but we need all ten nominations (or if four more days pass) before we can vote.

Seven more members can be nominated.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

*looks at members list*

*nominates Seasie*
^^ Props to Belle ^^
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Aftershocker wrote:*looks at members list*

*nominates Seasie*
I second that.
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

Woah, people really. My vote is for T.S.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Can I nominate GG? I know she's busy admining and stuff, but I can't think of anyone better to take on the responsibility. Unless she is too busy of course.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wakko
Pistachio

fodo14 wrote:Woah, people really. My vote is for T.S.
I second this.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I nominate Waldo!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I agree, action must be taken immediately. T.S. and the Old Judge would have been my "go-to's". I'll have to think for a time on who else should be nominated.
~ Walker in Dreams
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thank you for posting, everyone. I'll repeat, we can't vote yet, because we're missing nominations. You can't make an informed voting decision unless you know who all the candidates are. As soon as the nominating is finished, I'll set up a voting poll.

I will be leaving town tomorrow for two weeks, and I will be in the car a lot of that time, so I'm not sure how my Internet access will be. If I mysteriously vanish, could someone else take over (editing in a poll if need be, and orchestrating the voting and Board creation)? Thank you very much.
Whitfan
Strawberry

What does MLP mean? I have never heard of this kind of thing on a message board.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Whitfan wrote:What does MLP mean? I have never heard of this kind of thing on a message board.
MLP stands for My Little Pony, generally it's used to mean the Hub TV show: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...

I highly recommend the show to anyone. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Hello everyone! I am in Kansas! (it's quite windy)

Four more nominations can be made. Please do not nominate someone who has already been suggested. Voting will take place either in two days or when the nominating is complete.

I've already made a nomination, but can I recommend that someone nominate Arkán Dreamwalker? I believe he would serve us well on the Board.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

If Wretched Sinner hasn't been nominated yet, I'd like to nominate him! :D

Edit: I just realized that I have no idea whatsoever what "danger" is posed to the board. Maybe it's a prank...
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Yay! Thanks, Mr. Whit's End.
Whitfan
Strawberry

I totally agree with Mr. Whits End. Maybe this is a prank. I say no need to get worried until something real happens.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Whitfan wrote:I totally agree with Mr. Whits End. Maybe this is a prank. I say no need to get worried until something real happens.
We aren't worried. We are preparing ourselves. :)
^^ Props to Belle ^^