Dreams

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Dreams

I was inspired by the AIO Dreams thread. This is a dreams thread in general. What are some dreams you have had? What kinds of dreams do you tend to have? How often do you remember dreams? What are the earliest dreams you remember? The scariest dreams?

I tend to have very weird, long and involved dreams. They are usually like a long drawn out story which makes sense in the dream but doesn't once I wake up. I like having dreams though. Even if they're scary. They can be awful when you're in them but fun to think about after you wake up.

Last night I had a dream that I was late for working in the nursery at church and I kept missing the exit and having to go back. I never did make it. That was stressful. I was also trying to protect my 2 year old niece from some bad guys of some sort (that part's vague) and she kept running off. She went into the parking lot at night, and I went to get her. No one else seemed very concerned and I was the one that had to protect her.
At one point we were in this huge kind of thrift store with several levels and all kinds of items...for some reason I put on a Santa Claus costume that they had there.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Amerika that is WILD
My dreams are always bad or scary
One time I woke up and went out and on the dining room table there was a note (not uncommen) but what it said was " I took mom to the hospitle she has intense pain in her side" I remember that dream so much because the date was exsactley the same as the day I was scared to get up because I didnt want to see anything like that
Another dream I had twice (kind of)in the same night was this
First I was watching a shooting. Then I had a nother dream then Another dream in witch I was Babysitting and a man came in and shot us all. He shot me through my heart and i stayed alive till I woke up. I told some one to tie a cloth around the wound to stop the bleeding so I wouldn't bleed to death. The n of course I had to wake up
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Yikes-- those are scary dreams.

Do you ever have an idea of where your dreams get their ideas from? I usually can't interpret where my subconscious is getting them, but sometimes I can.

Last night, I think I dreamed about going to church nursery because last week I was almost late to another appointment after nursery. I have had several dreams in which I have to protect my niece from danger--probably because of some real life threats she has had.
And Santa Claus costume- I think it's partly because the other day I was watching Lab Rats on Netflix and the girl said "What's Santa Claus?" and it struck me how sad it was that she had never celebrated Christmas.

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

I know about the scariness and I had to babysit the next morning after the shooting dream
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

I don't remember my dreams that often at all. But I believe dreams are the way in which the mind gets the junk or stress out. Any dreams I have are normally me doing something, whether walking around my town, driving, or falling off buildings. That kind of stuff. And most of them there's a guy hunting me down and shooting me. ;) like I'll be walking around in my towns playground and get chased down and shot like 12 times. But I don't remember them that much. ;) not all of then are like that either. Some are doing things that have been on my mind a lot, or things I'm planning on doing.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

yelsew- wow, getting shot that many times! I rarely get shot in my dreams.

I remembered this one dream very vividly last night so I wrote it down at 4 a.m. before I would forget the details.

In my grandparent's living room, I was sitting on the couch while my friend was talking to her dad. Her dad said about my mom, "She's considering non-adoption. I'm sure she meant it as an insult." I couldn't believe he'd said that about my mom. And right in front of me. I considered that an insult. I didn't say anything but I was so mad. All through the dream I would see them and they would ignore me. (now in real life nothing like that happened. I'm not even sure what 'non-adoption' means. :) )

Later I was talking to girl about her job, and she was saying how fulfilling it was teaching a handicapped boy one day a week. I said I had a similar job but that wasn't really the truth--it was a lot different because I had charge of a lot of kids with one other person and I didn't even teach them.

Later I was at my job in a 'new' place, my old church's basement. My 3rd grade Sunday School teacher, Mrs. Bright, asked me where the 4th grade rooms were. I didn't know because I had just arrived at this new building, but she was mad at me anyway.

Later I was driving down some hills back to the city. I took a wrong turn on the highway, and drove into a town with a gravel road. My car disappeared and I was walking. I walked along the railroad tracks, and a woman was walking in front of me. She didn't hear the train coming and I had to tell her to get off tracks. Then the train just went by and we had to wait for the next train on some bleachers. People were complaining because it was usually 3 a.m. when it came and we'd be late to get back to the city.

Someone delivered brown paper packages wrapped in string on our seats. I was excited to open a present, but inside everyone's were different pieces of an eagle. I wasn't sure if it was a real eagle or not. One girl got the head--it was huge, like a mascot head. Everyone was impressed by it. One girl with brown hair said, "We always had the eagle published in our town newspaper every week." I thought that was patriotic. A blonde girl said, "We wouldn't respect animals like that in our town."

Beside me on the bench, a little girl opened this 3-D wooden apple puzzle, and I realized it was an assassin's tool. I had to get it away from her.

At some point there was a movie in which Chris Hemsworth (Thor) played Jesus. He had a blond fake beard and he was very happy, as he walked along talking to this other guy by a river.

and later I had a macadamia nut cookie and it was very good but some of the crumbs fell in the cracks of the floor at church.

The end.

Shtakji
Cookies & Creme
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space

Haha, wow Ameraka, that's a pretty crazy dream. (Sounds like something I would dream ;) )
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Last night I dreamed that I met Quasimodo and I was a ballerina fairy and I could take him everywhere because I could fly. Then we went to Del Taco... Don't ask ('cause I don't know). O.o

That seems a lot weirder when I read it back to myself.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I've had dreams of being chased and killed by stuffed animals, packs of wild hairless dogs, zombies, and more. o_O But I've learned to fight back to a greater extent. XD
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Sounds like ya'll need some major therapy O.o

;) (JK)
I've had interesting dreams (at least the one's I can remember). I've had one dream that was imprinted on my mind many years ago. I dreamt that my dad turned into Cruella deVille, and she was haunting me every night on the windowsill. It was... creepy >.< But, I've never actually had a dream that involved shooting.. Just me being chased and running veeerryyy slowly (I hate it when that happens -.- )
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Stella C. wrote:Sounds like ya'll need some major therapy O.o

;) (JK)
I've had interesting dreams (at least the one's I can remember). I've had one dream that was imprinted on my mind many years ago. I dreamt that my dad turned into Cruella deVille, and she was haunting me every night on the windowsill. It was... creepy >.< But, I've never actually had a dream that involved shooting.. Just me being chased and running veeerryyy slowly (I hate it when that happens -.- )
Sounds like you're the one that needs therapy. ;)
(dreams are a sort of therapy--shows how weird people's minds really are. :) Speaking for myself of course. )

Last night I dreamed that a huge tornado was coming toward the apartment complex where me and my family were (we don't really live in one). No one would listen to me and go into the basement. I gathered what things I could and the cat who happened to be on the stairs and went down the steps to the lowest level.

For some reason later I went outside and everyone was looking up at the tornado as it came toward the building and there was debris swirling around in it. Then I looked closer and saw that it was people. I pointed and said, "There's people in the tornado!"

I think I dreamed this partly because I saw some pictures yesterday of 9/11 and people falling from the towers.

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Last night I had a dream thatI was with a cousin ( I will callher Karly) in their van. Someone Came by Karly opened the door and I had been brushing my tthh I spit out the excess toothpaste and she said sick. Then my friend (I will call her Cece) and she ran to her dad and gave the baby she had been holding to her dad. Eventually I saw someone with the lizard haircut and anyway that was a wierd dream.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I had a dream last night where a small group of dudes were burning a girl alive. O_O She was totally cool with it, too. The weirdest thing...
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

o_O You need therapy, metallic dude.

I had a dream my sister made an account on this for this forum, and then started to be a grump towards everyone. I tried to get her to stop, but instead, PF kept egging her on to keep going. xD
Weirdest dream ever... But at least I got PF right. =p
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

I usually remember my dreams right after I wake up and then forget them by breakfast.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

GratiaDei wrote:I usually remember my dreams right after I wake up and then forget them by breakfast.
Me too O.o

Although, I do remember (kinda) the dream I had last night, cause it was pretty awesome. I was flying away from someone chasing me (which is cool in it of itself, cause I've never actually flown in a dream before). Actually, it was kinda funny because Sam was also there and was flying with me, (Goodness Sam, you're also taking over my dreams O.o ). At least, I thought it was Sam, my dreams tend to be a bit blurred when it comes to other people in my dreams. But it was a pretty eipc dream. :mrgreen:
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Samantha14 wrote:o_O You need therapy, metallic dude.
I concur... I think you're very mental, metal. O.o ( :lol: )
GratiaDei wrote:I usually remember my dreams right after I wake up and then forget them by breakfast.
I hear Ya'! If it was a great dream I tell someone quickly! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Does anyone ever sleepwalk or talk in their sleep? I don't, but it can be pretty funny when others do. :)

Once my sister said in her sleep, "What planet are we on?"

My uncle woke up one time and said, "Watch out for the alligator snapping turtles!"

That's all I can think of right now.

But here's a nightmare my mom once had: she went downstairs and her mom was vacuuming, and she turned around and she had spiral eyes.

Rosy
Cookie Dough

A few months ago we were staying at our grandparents house, and so me and my cousin and to share the air mattress. After minutes after we turned the lights out, she rolled over and looked at me, and said, "Are you looking for the watermelon, too?" I said, "What?", but she didn't answer, so I asked her about it in the morning, and she didn't remember it at all...
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I don't usually sleepwalk, but my little brother often has what we call "night terrors." One night he ran into my mom's mom room, and kept whispering, "They're coming! I have to leave, they're going to get me They're coming!" It was kinda creepy. O.o