Sherlock BBC

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Sherlock BBC

I've recently become addicted to the British TV show "Sherlock" on BBC. Has anyone else here watched it? If so what do you think of it?
The show stars the amazingly talented duo of Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman 8)
If anyone has never watched it and are planning on watching it, only watch the first scene in Scandal in Belgravia because there is much skin shown after that :| :?
If you have any questions about the show feel free to post them here :D
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I recently watched Sherlock with my mom since we didn't really have anything to watch and I had heard that it was good. After the first episode we were hooked and watched all of them in just a few days.
We really enjoyed everything about it. That one episode that Sparky mentioned was a little more pointed toward mature audiences. The rest is good though, I like the Sherlock/Watson chemistry. I like the actual mysteries and the story line as well. My mom and I are in the midst of converting my brothers to Sherlock fans. =]
Odyssey Fan Wiley
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I was literally hooked half way through the first episode. I've never had a series catch my attention so quick. I have to give credit to the writers for making the show such an attention grabber. :)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I love this series! Hounds of the Baskervilles is my favourite episode!
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

I started watching, and it's really good! Yet I stopped after like the third episode cause........boring......
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

You making a joke or are you serious??
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

SparkyHappyGiraffe wrote:You making a joke or are you serious??
I was like.......This is great!........Zzzzzzz
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I love Sherlock! I've been watching them since they originally aired in 2010... LOVE them! I love the chemistry between Sherlock and Watson. They're both great actors!
I will admit that I didn't watch Scandal in Bohemia... I started watching it with my family when it was originally airing and when it got sketchy we turned it off. Though I loved the other two episodes! They were tot' fab'!
And Fodo...
Imageare you serious, bro?? lol
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Liz: Yeah, Irene ruined that episode. The other two episode were like you said "tot' fab" except Reichenbach Fall made me bawl :(

What's everyone's thoughts on Moriarty?
I personally didn't like him at first, but I've learned to like him a little more :D
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Moriarty... Such an interesting character. In the first season when we were just getting inklings of him I wasn't sure what to think. I obviously knew he was bad. I've even read several of the short stories...
I really didn't develop an opinion of him till the second season. Specifically "Reichenbach Fall." Where I love the series and all, all I could think of is that Moriarty needed God. The boring and simple life he spoke of was really so profound. Without God everyone's life is lost... Lack of color and true life. Dull.
So I really felt pity for Moriarty.
On the other hand that was also the path he had chosen. He's a bad guy who's only goal in life is to destroy. So I don't like him in that respect.
Yet his character, as portrayed by BBC, was very humorous and somewhat likable. His manipulation and deceit was sided with humor and sarcasm making it hard not to like him. He was a very good and convincing bad guy.

On the whole I do/don't appreciate Moriarty for the reasons I stated above.
(That was a typical Lexi response lol. Sorry once again for a long winded speech!)