The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I recently read A Night to Remember, by Walter Lord, great book. Also read The Return of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle a while ago. I am currently reading The Friendly Dickens, by Norrie Epstein.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I finished reading Deadliest Cast Member: The COMPLETE SEASON TWO Collection book 2 which is about a former Seal agent who works as a Disneyland Security cast member who has to save Disneyland from Terrorists . Book 2 is actually a prequel to Deadliest Cast Member SEASON ONE COMPILATION. Both Books are written by Kelly Ryan Johns who is a Christian author which he mentions in the author notes in the books.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I recently finished reading the newest book in the re-released Last Chance Detectives book series, Terror From Outer Space, by Robert Vernon. I thought it was really good! Even if you haven’t read the other books in the series, this one is understandable on its own. I’d recommend it to anyone.
Apart from that, I really haven’t had very much time to do any reading lately. However, I do have plans to finish reading The Friendly Dickens by Norrie Epstein at some point.

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I've been binge reading a few series. First, I started with The Blackgaard Chronicles, then Young Whit, and now I'm reading our Tintin collection out of order.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I haven’t had time to do much reading since my last post here. However, I did read His Name Is Still Mudd, by Edward Steers Jr. over the holidays, good book. I am now starting 36 Hours to Save the President, by Alan L. Trock.

Patterson
Strawberry

I finished The Lando Calrissian Adventures trilogy today. It's a weird side of Star Wars, but I loved it.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I have not had time to do much reading lately. However, in my spare time I did recently read the newest book in the re-released Last Chance Detectives book series, Revenge of the Phantom Hot Rod, which I thought was really good! I also recently read What Money Can't Buy, by Michael Sandel, another good book. I am currently trying to finish reading The Friendly Dickens, by Norrie Epstein which I started a while ago.

Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I am Currently reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Gah, I'm in the middle of too many books. Climate Change: What Everyone Needs to Know by Joseph Romm. Spring by Ali Smith. Existential Physics by Sabine Hossenfelder. Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope. And the last book I completed was As You Like It by Shakespeare.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Still haven't had much time to do any reading since my last post here. But I did recently read the newest book in the Last Chance Detectives book series, Quest for the King's Crown, which I thought was good! It was pretty humorous and had what I thought was a very good plot. Makes me very interested in seeing what the next books in the series will hold.

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

I've been reading some random things: White Fang (again), Carry On, Mr. Bowditch, and now I'm starting on Tintin: The Calculus Affair.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I don't have much time to read for fun nowadays. But I did recently read the newest book in the Imagination Station book series, Land of the Lost. I usually keep up with the series since the books are usually free to read on the Adventures in Odyssey Club before their release. They're there, so I read them when they're available.
I must say, this particular book was kind of strange. Don't get me wrong, I do like the current story that's being done with Patrick and Beth having to deal with Amelia misusing Whit's Imagination Station technology. However, the setting for this particular book was unique: it takes place in the world before the flood, as Noah and his family are making finishing touches to the ark. It was mostly the prominent roles of the rowdy people of the world opposing Noah's family and the even more prominent presence of the Nephilim giants that threw me off. :? Perhaps I should make a topic about it.

Bananareader
Caramel Crunch

I am currently reading Disney Devotionals [Book Two]: 100 Daily Devotionals Based on the Disneyland Attractions, Resort Hotels, and More, and I'm also reading The 39 Clues #11: Vespers Rising.

--Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:47 pm--
I am currently reading Disney Devotionals [Book Three]: 100 Daily Devotionals Based on Disney Films, Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25, Jurassic Park, and Imagineering an American Dreamscape: Genesis, Evolution, and Redemption of the Regional Theme Parks.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Still do not have time to read (wow, I've been saying that in almost all my previous posts on here :anxious:). But I have started reading the newest book in the Imagination Station book series, Big Risks in Russia. Hopefully I'll find it more enjoyable than the previous book in the series.