The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:So. I got the first Harry Potter book. I haven't dared open it yet. Any motivations that I should?
Because it's amazing and wonderful and a beautiful charming story with deep characters and fascinating themes and worldbuilding and why haven't you read it yet :mad:
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That's, awesome, Countess! \:D/ I would suggest waiting until you have a couple of hours free, making yourself a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and then diving in. I found the books to be very engaging, especially with the creative and whimsical world that Rowling builds in the early books. It didn't take me very long to realize that Harry Potter series are just normal fantasy books, not a step-by-step manual on how to join the occult. =p Obviously you're welcome to form your own opinions, and the best way of doing so is by reading them for yourself.

Also, Tiger can tell you much more about the specifics of the books than I can. :yes:
SirWhit wrote:You're going to hell and will become an occultic satanist Democrat witch!
I love how you threw Democrat in there. :P
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:Also, Tiger can tell you much more about the specifics of the books than I can. :yes:
You'll have to pay pretty close attention, though, since I may be telling you those specifics through tears. :anxious:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

From the nostalgia?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:I love how you threw Democrat in there.
Yeah so did I. :P
TigerShadow wrote:Because it's amazing and wonderful and a beautiful charming story with deep characters and fascinating themes and worldbuilding and why haven't you read it yet
I do have a children's illustrated version of it. That doesn't make a difference does it? :anxious:
T.S. (myself) wrote:I would suggest waiting until you have a couple of hours free, making yourself a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and then diving in.
That sounds perfect. I'll do that. :yes:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Though, I did love the book, then it started dragging its feet towards the end.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

T.S. (myself) wrote:From the nostalgia?
From everything.
Blitz wrote:Though, I did love the book, then it started dragging its feet towards the end.
I will literally fight you to the death. \:D/
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:Because it's amazing and wonderful and a beautiful charming story with deep characters and fascinating themes and worldbuilding and why haven't you read it yet
I do have a children's illustrated version of it. That doesn't make a difference does it? :anxious:
No. It does not. The illustrated version is absolutely beautiful, and I plan on having all of the illustrated versions eventually in my collection.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Belle wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:
No. It does not. The illustrated version is absolutely beautiful, and I plan on having all of the illustrated versions eventually in my collection.
ISN'T IT?! I got the first one as a Christmas gift last year, and even though I already have all of the books, I kind of want all the illustrated versions too. They make my heart happy. ^_^
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How many sets of the HP books do you have Tiger? =00

Also btw, I didn't realize so many SSers were nerds. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I have all seven books; my mom got me the paperback set for Christmas. I also have the tenth-anniversary special edition hardback of the first one, and my roommate got me the illustrated edition of the first one for Christmas.

You're on a message board for people who were primarily drawn to it because it's a gathering place for fans of a conservative-leaning Christian audio drama aimed at kids ages 8-12, and you're surprised that we're a bunch of nerds? ;)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Is anyone on the Soda Shop not a nerd? =p
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:I have all seven books; my mom got me the paperback set for Christmas. I also have the tenth-anniversary special edition hardback of the first one, and my roommate got me the illustrated edition of the first one for Christmas.
Do you take them with you to college? :P
TigerShadow wrote:You're on a message board for people who were primarily drawn to it because it's a gathering place for fans of a conservative-leaning Christian audio drama aimed at kids ages 8-12, and you're surprised that we're a bunch of nerds?
Haha, not really. Ox just pointed out earlier that we really have a nerdy forum for everyone to be freaking out that I got the HP book. :P

Also heads up, the big reading day is tomorrow. \:D/
T.S. (myself) wrote:Is anyone on the Soda Shop not a nerd? =p
I don't know if I am. O.o

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:Also heads up, the big reading day is tomorrow.
I'll send you your occultic satanist Democrat witch membership card in the mail. \:D/
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:I have all seven books; my mom got me the paperback set for Christmas. I also have the tenth-anniversary special edition hardback of the first one, and my roommate got me the illustrated edition of the first one for Christmas.
Do you take them with you to college? :P
You bet yer incoming occultic satanist Democrat witch card I did. \:D/
Miss Friendship wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:You're on a message board for people who were primarily drawn to it because it's a gathering place for fans of a conservative-leaning Christian audio drama aimed at kids ages 8-12, and you're surprised that we're a bunch of nerds?
Haha, not really. Ox just pointed out earlier that we really have a nerdy forum for everyone to be freaking out that I got the HP book. :P
Miss Friendship wrote:Also heads up, the big reading day is tomorrow. \:D/
A GLORIOUS DAY. I have three finals tomorrow, but I shall still gladly support you in your endeavor to immerse in the greatest fantasy book series of all time anywhere ever.

-flings self into the sun-
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Three finals?! O_o I get annoyed if I have two in a day. Three is just cruel and unusual punishment.

*builds a monument in Tiger's memory*
Blitz
Moose Tracks

OH pwease, I've had four exams in one day. *Shrivels up and dies*

Surprisingly we have less HP hate now a days. MF was our last hold out. And now look at her. We are so proud of our work.
Debate Vampire

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:Surprisingly we have less HP hate now a days. MF was our last hold out. And now look at her. We are so proud of our work.
Excuse me? :x I verrrrrry cautiously read HP and out of curiosity, not love. Also I watched Fantastic Beasts before HP, I did everything to ensure I was not normal when approaching the series. \:D/

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Cool it girl. I was an anti-HP person in the beginning to.
Debate Vampire

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Some of your old HP posts are absolute gems, Blitz. \:D/