The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

Helios, you like the Christian Heritage series by Nancy Rue? That is the only series of books my brother will read! (unless he's forced to for school) I've read all of the Santa Fe Years, and one of them (I think it was the last one) was so heartbreaking it made me cry. The Santa Fe years are pretty good. I've also read most of the Chicago Years, a long time ago. I haven't read the Williamsburg years though.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Helios
Butter Pecan

Your brother has good taste! Those books are WUNDERBAR!!! :D I've read the last two of the Santa Fe years, the 3rd, 4th, and 6th of the Chicago years, all of Salem except 3rd, all of Williamsburg except 2nd (which bugs me, because Malcolm, one of my fave characters, first appears in that one), and all of Charleston except 4th. I really didn't care for Santa Fe much, because Fawn really annoyed me (she's so possessive, whiny, immature, and undisciplined), but Miguel and Olive almost made up for her. :D Williamsburg is one of the best, I think. The parents are reallyreallyreally good. :D
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I finished The Hound of the Baskervilles. Best murder mystery ever.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

is it? Good to know, I'll check that one out.
I haven't read that one. I rarely read short stories, though when I do, I enjoy them. Sherlock Holmes and Father Brown are high on my list, as well as Poe and Irving's Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle. Has anyone here read Bartleby the Scrivener?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I need to pick 2 short stories for a project in my English class, so I've been reading a ton of short stories lately. Edger Allen Poe's stories have always been favourites of mine, as well as Mark Twain's short stories.

But I decided to pick two exceptionally good stories. One written by Roald Dahl called Man From the South and another by Ray Bradbury (who wrote Farenheit 451) called A sound of Thunder.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I just finished the Shakespeare Stealer, and right now I'm working on a Midsummer Night's dream (script)
Starflower1234
Cookies & Creme

The Shakespeare Stealer is a great book. We listened to it as an audiobook for school, and we loved it.

I just finished all the currently released Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl! They are AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE Eanrin! He is officially my new favorite character, next to Samwise Gamgee. And the newest book, Shadow Hand, was amazing! I can't stop thinking about the biggest twist in it, it's so cool. Probably Shadow Hand was my favorite, and Starflower my second favorite, and then Moonblood. I can't wait for the next book, Golden Daughter, to come out. I think I might ask for it for my birthday.
I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to. - Sam from The Fellowship of the Ring movie
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you! - Sam from The Return of the King movie
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I just finished Atlas Shrugged. I'm also reading The Saturday Evening Post Treasury, and The Valley of Fear (Sherlock Holmes novel). (Every time Doyle includes the USA or Americans in his stories, it always ends up including a crime ridden secret society O.o)

For my birthday, my parents got me a book with what I believe is the full collection of works about Sherlock Holmes, written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. At least, it has every novel and story I've ever read about him, so I'm reasonably sure. The Beekeeper's Apprentice is a great novel about Sherlock, by a different author.

I might look into reading Tales of Goldstone Wood. Helios read it, correct?

I also
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I am reading Forbidden by Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee. Good but it suddenly took a sad turn.....

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

The Beekeeper's Apprentice is a great book! I loved it, although the later series is not as good. I've been reading the Missing series by Margaret Peterson Haddix, and some stuff by Lemony Snicket. I also just reread the Westing Game, which is a really fun read.
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

Going through the Warriors series by Erin Hunter best series ever!
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
vickygreen48
Strawberry

Hey, I'd this like some book commenter club? Cuz if it is can I kinda join? I love reading books!!

Right now I'm reading a book called Maya's Notebook. It's pretty good. B4 this one I read a book called dark inside and b4 that 1 I read Allegiant (last book from the divergent series)
Connie: someone may need to slap me
Eugene: are u asking for a volunteer? ...
Connie: how is he?... no no wait i may need to sit down... no no i should stay on my feet, will someone catch me if i pass out?
Eugene: before or after we slap you
-Album 58 The Ties That Bind Part 10
Helios
Butter Pecan

T.S. (myself) wrote:I might look into reading Tales of Goldstone Wood. Helios read it, correct?

I also
Yo. I read it. (and a lot of other people did too...) :P

Recently I acquired two Hardy Boys mysteries, The Burden by Nancy Rue (ALEXANDER!!!!!!!!!), besides Halo: Glasslands (which I would totally burn as incense to Zeus if you have it), and The Sea of Monsters. Last of the PJ I'll ever read, fortunately. :P Oh yes, and The Always War by Haddix (LOVE her stuff!), besides *delighted sigh* Volumes 3-5 of the original G. I. Joe comics by Larry Hama. Can I say YO JOE!!!! loud enough? I totally love comic books and these are the best! :D No Tunnel Rat tho...but lots of Billy! *swoons*
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I am reading the Diary of Anne Frank. I am close to the end. It must be making an impression on me, because last night I actually had a dream I was Anne in the Secret Annex.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

I just finished the The Watchman, in the marenon series.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ruby By Lauraine Snelling! It's been good so far!! :)
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Just finished An Appointment with Death by Agatha Christie and now starting Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Right now, I'm reading Quiet by Susan Cain.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

In the middle of
"Operation Mincemeat"
:D
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'm reading "The Door Within." It was a little slow in the beginning, but its gotten quite entertaining. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage