The Bookshelf

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I just finished The Long Way Home (Book 2 of 4) in the Homelander Series.

It was so intense and so captivating that I couldn't put it down!! Last night I started reading at 11, (a little less then half way through) and finished the book at 3:49 am... Yeah, I was up late. XD

I looked at my clock and I was like, "Ohhhhh... heh heh... Whoops. XD". I woke up at 11:30. Haha.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

That is my all time favorite series, ever!! I stayed up all night reading all four books :P
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Helios
Butter Pecan

I hate to sound patronizing Ben, but if you keep up your late-night reading, you'll have great sagging bags under your eyes, no appetite, and a ruined constitution. *thus speaks the voice of experience* Oh, yeah, and you'll get up late in the morning. :P
Purple Panda
Strawberry

Perhaps a ruined physical constitution, but mental health? I think not! Read more, I say... maybe just at more convenient hours, hmm?
“I’m not a psychopath. I’m a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.”-Sherlock Holmes
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I think you ladies are quite right. I shall restrain myself from reading late into the night. But when I read during the day, I don't feel like I can concentrate on the book. During the day, most of my time is filled with people talking to me, listening to music, school, and being on here and chatting with friends. I just don't feel like I can really commit to reading during the day. That's why I read at night.

But I will try to find a quite place and seclude myself from others; then spend some time reading. :D

I shall start reading book 3 of the Homelander Series.

@Stella, did you actually stay up reading ALL of them in one sitting?!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Heh, oops, it looks like I did, doesn't it. Technically, I meant whenever I got the next book, I stayed up all night reading that particular book. But...... If I had gotten all four books at the same time, I have no doubt I would've read them all in one night :D

Oooh you'll like "The Truth of the Matter" (Book 3) It's really good! Have you heard that they MIGHT be making a movie of the series O.O

Have you read any of his other books?
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Mara
Pistachio

I always read at night also, normally for about 30 to 40 minutes. I wish I could read in the day but, "ain't nobody got time for that."
Helios
Butter Pecan

I must be the luckiest person in the world...I have oodles of time during the day to read, but I read at night too, cause like Ben says, it's easier to concentrate.

I've never read the Homelander series, but I REALLY WANT TO! Do they have any bad language in them? :)
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

There is one swear word (at least I think it was, she may have been crying out to God or whatnot, but that's what it looked like to me) in "The Truth of the Matter" But I believe that is the only one in all four books. They're really clean as far as language and "other stuff."
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I haven't read any other of his books, Stella. Though Lexi is reading his book, If We Survive.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Goody! I shall see if I can get my hands on the Homelanders asap.. ;)
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I can loan them to you when I find you, Carmen! (Get it?? Carmen Sandiego??)
I just finished "if we survive." I really liked it! But as you said, Stella... Homelanders was better.
I don't know what to read now... I think I'll go look through the library ebook selections...
Helios
Butter Pecan

Look for Margaret Peterson Haddix...she's wonderful! :D
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Helios: GET THEM. NOW. O.O
I <3 Wooton
Caramel Crunch

I am reading the Red Rock mysteries right now.
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I'm reading Redeeming Love by Francene Rivers. I wouldn't recommend it to the majority of this forum, but it is a really good book so far!
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

Oh, I've read some of her books. I really liked the Mark of the Lion series and The Scarlet Thread.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I'm currently re-reading the Giver, so I can remind myself that while the movie is most likely going to be horrible (Jonas is 16 instead of 12, a lot of very minor characters will become major since they have "stars" playing them, and there's apparently a "love affair" *rolls eyes*) the book is still amazing. :P

And I'm reading the Yearling for school.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Just finished Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan! And just bought it today...great book! I feel like Jennifer a lot...all the time, actually. :D
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

That was an amazing book! (Yes, I did buy all of Andrew Klavan's books ;) ) It was pretty creepy at times, but I like those kind of books.