Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Just watched Psych :anxious: I feel like the only person that actually likes that show, haha. It's so dumb it's hilarious.

Actual movie I watched was Mission Impossible 2, but I fell asleep at the very end... Puuureelllyy on accident. :anxious:
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

So a few of you know that I was at a youth conference for the week and I just wanted to share something with y'all, because I know all of you loved God's Not Dead *says this with as much sarcasm possible* Anyway...Our Youth group leader dragged us into one of the General Council morning sessions( we were like the only teens there =P) and the author of the book "God's Not Dead" was one of the speakers there that morning. When he was done talking he showed us the God's Not Dead 2 trailer =ooo We were the first ones ever to see the trailer so I thought that was pretty awesome *nods* The movie looks like a follow up on some of the characters from the other movie, and I can't wait to see it...You know...When it comes out at Easter *sigh* #TheStruggleIsReal
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

God's Not Dead 2: Twice as many dead atheists
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I don't get it. Why do all of you hate Gods Not Dead?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Because it's a poorly made movie that creates strawman atheists that crumble under easily disproved evangelical talking points. Then kills said atheists while Christians celebrate at a Newsboys concert with some of the cast of Duck Dynasty.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Paula
Peach Cobbler

#MajorEyeRoll I knew you would post something like that =P BTW...At the Nationals competition I was at a pencil drawing of The Eleventh Doctor made it, and it reminded me of your avi =P
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Helios
Butter Pecan

Outcast, starring Nicolas Cage and Hayden Christensen (who no longer looks like a sick puppy, Rosy.) :D I actually liked it, minus some of the more extreme violence and sporadic foul language. And Anakin's acting skills have improved. (plus, he takes off his shirt...YES!) :twisted: And it was set in medieval China. YES!
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Whew. I knew the day would come. The best acting Mr. Christensen had the whole Star Wars movies was the smirk. He was excellent at the smirk.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

The last movie I watched was Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Bennet. I absolutely love this movie and would recommend it to everyone!
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Helios
Butter Pecan

Emma wrote:Whew. I knew the day would come. The best acting Mr. Christensen had the whole Star Wars movies was the smirk. He was excellent at the smirk.
He's STILL excellent at the smirk. *smirks* In fact, smirking is what he does best. Besides looking good without a shirt, too. :twisted:
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Helios wrote:
Emma wrote:Whew. I knew the day would come. The best acting Mr. Christensen had the whole Star Wars movies was the smirk. He was excellent at the smirk.
He's STILL excellent at the smirk. *smirks* In fact, smirking is what he does best. Besides looking good without a shirt, too. :twisted:
That too. \:D/ *fangirls*
Helios
Butter Pecan

Watched Prince Caspian again for the first time in....years. I forget how magical it is. :D
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Paula wrote:So a few of you know that I was at a youth conference for the week and I just wanted to share something with y'all, because I know all of you loved God's Not Dead *says this with as much sarcasm possible* Anyway...Our Youth group leader dragged us into one of the General Council morning sessions( we were like the only teens there =P) and the author of the book "God's Not Dead" was one of the speakers there that morning. When he was done talking he showed us the God's Not Dead 2 trailer =ooo We were the first ones ever to see the trailer so I thought that was pretty awesome *nods* The movie looks like a follow up on some of the characters from the other movie, and I can't wait to see it...You know...When it comes out at Easter *sigh* #TheStruggleIsReal
Poor soul...having to watch anything related to God's not Dead.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Beyond the Mask was the LMIS. I was very impressed, as I was going in to see it I expected it to be a "budget film", if you know what I mean. I WAS WRONG.

Will and Charlotte are my new OTP. xD
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

SirWhit wrote:
Paula wrote:So a few of you know that I was at a youth conference for the week and I just wanted to share something with y'all, because I know all of you loved God's Not Dead *says this with as much sarcasm possible* Anyway...Our Youth group leader dragged us into one of the General Council morning sessions( we were like the only teens there =P) and the author of the book "God's Not Dead" was one of the speakers there that morning. When he was done talking he showed us the God's Not Dead 2 trailer =ooo We were the first ones ever to see the trailer so I thought that was pretty awesome *nods* The movie looks like a follow up on some of the characters from the other movie, and I can't wait to see it...You know...When it comes out at Easter *sigh* #TheStruggleIsReal
Poor soul...having to watch anything related to God's not Dead.
#MajorEyeRoll

I wonder at all the fussing and fuming and complaints of a religious Christian film and I hear no complaints about the filth in secular films that are watched all the time. Come on, be at least consistent.
Eleventh Doctor wrote:God's Not Dead 2: Twice as many dead atheists
What? This means they kill off two atheists instead of one?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

So then should we be giving christian films a free pass to be as terrivle as they want?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

SirWhit wrote:So then should we be giving christian films a free pass to be as terrivle as they want?
Nope. But neither should you be enjoying secular films that have really no respect for the things of God in the first place if you are going to be consistent here.

You tear conservative Christian movies to threads and cheer secular films....Please, consistency.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Miss Friendship wrote:
SirWhit wrote:So then should we be giving christian films a free pass to be as terrivle as they want?
Nope. But neither should you be enjoying secular films that have really no respect for the things of God in the first place if you are going to be consistent here.

You tear conservative Christian movies to threads and cheer secular films....Please, consistency.
Please name one time I have praised irreverentc, immoral secular movies.

Regards and Sarcastically,
SirWhit

-- Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:10 pm --

Also if this is going to turn into another session of SECULAR MEDIA IS EVIL :mad: then I'm done. I've debated it enough to know that there's no point. You'll keep assume I'm living in sin for consuming non-Christian media and I will keep on being annoyed.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

This is not a debate about "evil media" This is a plea for consistency. I have no idea what you watch, and I don't really care, and I am for sure not condemning you. But how many of the movies discussed here in this thread are "secular" movies with things that happen in them like bad villians being killed off by the heroes? That's essientally no different than the hero Christian killing off an atheist.

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:But how many of the movies discussed here in this thread are "secular" movies with things that happen in them like bad villians being killed off by the heroes? That's essientally no different than the hero Christian killing off an atheist.
It's actually a /lot/ different..

Unless you're saying a very poorly written atheist character is exactly the same as a well-written villain?

I think the point is that for a movie, God's Not Dead falls short, but people think they need to love it, because it's "Christian", and because so many people support it just for its genre, Christian movie makers have no reason to make their movies higher quality, or with a better acting or plot line.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~