Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I just watched Cars. I liked it when it first came out, then Ben bought it when it came out and wore it out. Even to this day, I still don't care for it. :P (OH MY GOSH.... I WAS 7 or 8 when it came out!)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Back To The Future, 1, 2, 3.
Here is a log of my thoughts after each movie.

5:42 PM
Just finished Back to the Future. Heh. That was pretty good. Proves that changing the past can make your parents stuckup with no good morals! Great!
Plus you get everything you want!

8:07 PM
Just finished the second one... That was... that was somethin'.

10:26 PM
Just finished the third one. Significantly better than the second. xD
It actually had a good story. lol
I would rank them I, III, II.
I think I would most likely watch the third one again.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Bethany Shepard wrote:I just watched Cars. I liked it when it first came out, then Ben bought it when it came out and wore it out. Even to this day, I still don't care for it. :P (OH MY GOSH.... I WAS 7 or 8 when it came out!)
I totally agree with you! I don't really care for Cars either. But in my opinion, Cars 2 was really good. All of the different places, people (cars), and all the spyish stuff. \:D/
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I just watched The Avengers for what I consider to be the first time (the actual first time was on a charter bus ride, which in my opinion never qualifies for an adequate movie-watching experience). It was really, really good, and I liked the blending of the different "universes", so to speak.

I think Captain America: The Winter Soldier was better, though. This is partially, I admit, because Captain America is my favorite, with Black Widow close behind, and I enjoyed their relationship development and how it contributed to them becoming better individuals. However, it's also because I found the themes explored in CA:TWS to be interesting and thought-provoking insofar as the question of freedom versus security was handled and how it applies to the United States, both in terms of its foreign relations and its internal controversies re: surveillance of civilians; I liked how that issue was also used as a means of furthering Steve Rogers's character development and his adjustment into a world whose value systems and priorities appear alien to him.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched all 3 Back To The Future's. I liked the 1st and 2nd, but the 3rd not so much.
-Nicolas Cage
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:(the actual first time was on a charter bus ride, which in my opinion never qualifies for an adequate movie-watching experience). It was really, really good, and I liked the blending of the different "universes", so to speak.
I agree with this^ The last couple new movies that have come out I've only watched on airplanes, and between the teeny screens, the guy with the light on next to you, and the guy who decides to push his seat aaallllll the way back (In your face) it doesn't make for a very good movie...

I want to see Back to the Future, I just keep forgetting to order it on Netflix, but it looks cool/ interesting...

Speaking of Netflix... THE NEW DOCTOR WHO IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE. :mad: So excited \:D/
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Despicable Me 2. I'm in love with Antonio! *sighs*

Just kidding.

Did anyone else notice the minion pole-dancing during the minion dance scene? :?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I watched Unbroken yesterday and it was so good. The documentary in the bonus feature section added a lot of input from the actual Louie Zamperini, and his story was so beautiful.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Wakko
Pistachio

Paula wrote:I watched Unbroken yesterday and it was so good. The documentary in the bonus feature section added a lot of input from the actual Louie Zamperini, and his story was so beautiful.
Have you read the book? It was really good. :D
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Wakko wrote:
Paula wrote:I watched Unbroken yesterday and it was so good. The documentary in the bonus feature section added a lot of input from the actual Louie Zamperini, and his story was so beautiful.
I haven't >_> I think I should have read it before I watched the movie though =P But I really want to read it now :yes:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Nelson S. wrote:Back To The Future, 1, 2, 3.
Here is a log of my thoughts after each movie.

5:42 PM
Just finished Back to the Future. Heh. That was pretty good. Proves that changing the past can make your parents stuckup with no good morals! Great!
Plus you get everything you want!

8:07 PM
Just finished the second one... That was... that was somethin'.

10:26 PM
Just finished the third one. Significantly better than the second. xD
It actually had a good story. lol
I would rank them I, III, II.
I think I would most likely watch the third one again.

If you liked back to the future check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U68zjl-5Bow

Lexus is making a working hoverboard
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Paula wrote:
Wakko wrote:
I haven't >_> I think I should have read it before I watched the movie though =P But I really want to read it now :yes:
I almost don't want to..... I cried so much that if I read the book I might fall apart....

You say it was beautiful? No, I don't think that was beautiful. That was terrifying. I don't know if I could have made through all of that. Just makes me so thankful for everything I have.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ice Age 1 & 2. I had forgotten how much I love the Ice Age series...
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Yup, lovable.
Have you watched Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Wakko
Pistachio

Speaking of Back to The Future, I just got all three on Blu ray yesterday. \:D/
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Red Tails.

Really good movie. Except some of the bomber pilots could have used some acting talent.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Emma wrote: I almost don't want to..... I cried so much that if I read the book I might fall apart....

You say it was beautiful? No, I don't think that was beautiful. That was terrifying. I don't know if I could have made through all of that. Just makes me so thankful for everything I have.
Yeah, some of the parts in the movie were intense, but just the fact that he was able to forgive after all he went through just blew me away...and that truly is/was beautiful. :yes:
Happy now?
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I just saw Ant-Man and Mission Impossible 5 yesterday. Both were great. Way better than I expected.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Iron man movies. Argh, he is too cocky.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Soul Surfer. It's kinda boring, other than the shark bite.
-Nicolas Cage