Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I watched The Lost Medallion with my brothers. I had many problems with it (most of the actors wern't the greatest, the soundtrack was the same as their other movies, the natives of this island spoke English without a hint of any accent so it didn't sound real, blah blah blah), but it had the dad with the southern accent whose daughter died from Courageous in it, and it stared the kid who plays Baelfire from Once Upon a Time, so I sat through it.

Also, I watched The Empire Strikes Back yesterday in honour of Star Wars Day. :D

Update: I checked, and it's not the same kid who plays Baelfire. But they look almost identical; it's scary.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I last watched Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, because it's kind of a rite of passage for my family and I hadn't seen it. It was like "Slapstick Comedy: the Film"; it was so funny! It could never be remade today, though, which is okay with me. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Emma
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:I last watched Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, because it's kind of a rite of passage for my family and I hadn't seen it. It was like "Slapstick Comedy: the Film"; it was so funny! It could never be remade today, though, which is okay with me. \:D/
Oh my goodness! I never expected someone else to know what that is! I love it! It was hilarious.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I think I've posted on here at least 5 times (in the past) that I've watched it. ;) Howard Keel is my man. :nods:

I watched a few episodes of Diagnosis Murder.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

I just watched the original Spiderman trilogy ... remembered how much better they were than the newer Amazing Spiderman movies.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I watched How to Train Your Dragon last night with my mom. It was her first time watching it, and she loved it. I felt accomplished. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

TigerShadow wrote:I watched How to Train Your Dragon last night with my mom. It was her first time watching it, and she loved it. I felt accomplished. \:D/
You should.

Also, Seven Brothers is certainly some top notch, high energy comedy. Yes, it's always amazing how everyone here knows about the same cult-classic stuff, isn't it? Makes sense I guess, AIO is a cult-classic it just happens to be one that is still going.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Emma
Peach Cobbler

KeyBladeWarrior wrote:I just watched the original Spiderman trilogy ... remembered how much better they were than the newer Amazing Spiderman movies.
Yes. I am in total agreement this. ^^^ The Amazing Spiderman was..... disappointing...
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Flushed Away. A few more rather inappropriate jokes than I remember, but Ian Mckellen was in it, so I sat through it. xD
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

KeyBladeWarrior wrote:I just watched the original Spiderman trilogy ... remembered how much better they were than the newer Amazing Spiderman movies.

Yup.
-Nicolas Cage
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Jelly's avi!! \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

NIGHTFALL.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

So what movies/shows do you like? just name them and we can have a discussion.

Shows: Movies:
Bill Cosby Tinker Belle
Dick Van Dyke The Lion King !,2, 21/2
Andy Griffeth The Sound of Music
Granite Flats

And lots more!! So discuss!
I hope this isn't already a topic
Proud K.R.E Member
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Just an update guys, this is the official thread for all movie talk now.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I love almost all of the Marvel movies \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched Walk to Remember. *grabs air sick bag* I now know how much I do not like romances. :P Or Mandy Moore.
-Nicolas Cage
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

I just watched the Penguins of Madagascar. I was actually surprised how much I liked it seeing how I didn't like the Madagascar movies.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

KeyBladeWarrior wrote:I just watched the Penguins of Madagascar. I was actually surprised how much I liked it seeing how I didn't like the Madagascar movies.
Ditto. I had to watch it due to Benedict Cumberbatch being "Classified", but I loved it. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Belle wrote:
KeyBladeWarrior wrote:I just watched the Penguins of Madagascar. I was actually surprised how much I liked it seeing how I didn't like the Madagascar movies.
Ditto. I had to watch it due to Benedict Cumberbatch being "Classified", but I loved it. :D
Yes, it was MUCH better than Madagascar. *nods*
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Wow so I just finished the first Godfather movie. I didn't want to watch it at first, but my dad kept pestering my to watch it because it was his favourite movie. So I did. And I'm so glad I did. It's changed the way I'll every watch movies again. It is a perfect movie. The character development is all so perfectly executed and you get to know the characters all so well even just within the first 20 minutes. The pacing is perfect, not to slow and not to fast. And the ratio of action and drama is perfect! It is the perfect movie.

I'm going to watch the second and third instalment tonight.