Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Yes, I like Get Smart, too! I havn't seen it for a while, though.

The last movie that I watched was the Sound of Music, and before that I watched Going My Way, with Bing Crosby.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
vickygreen48
Strawberry

truAIOfan wrote:Yes, I like Get Smart, too! I havn't seen it for a while, though.

The last movie that I watched was the Sound of Music, and before that I watched Going My Way, with Bing Crosby.
I haven't seen sound of music in so long! Last movie I watched was ill be home for Christmas. It's a movie made either in the lat 90s or early 2000s but I still liked it even though it's about as old as I am. It's humorous and my mom was almost in tears while watching it because she thought it was so funny
Connie: someone may need to slap me
Eugene: are u asking for a volunteer? ...
Connie: how is he?... no no wait i may need to sit down... no no i should stay on my feet, will someone catch me if i pass out?
Eugene: before or after we slap you
-Album 58 The Ties That Bind Part 10
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love Get Smart! One of my favorite shows.
The last show I watched was Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Yeah! I finally watched Night at the Museum 3. It was pretty good; and is now my third favorite. :)
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

The Secret Garden
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I saw Tim Allen's The Santa Clause on TV. I remember watching it a long time ago, and, unsurprisingly, it hadn't changed a bit. It's not the best Disney movie ever, and I've always hated Christmas movies that try to reinforce the reality of Santa, but it had a very interesting premise, a good script, and great acting.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Hangman's Curse.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Is "Christian horror/thriller" your favorite movie genre, Mr. Yorp? I didn't even really know it was a thing until you mentioned Bells of Innocence and Hangman's Curse, both very ominous titles that I soon found out were both "Christian horror" films.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So Vicky, I watched Mom's Night Out and I found it very funny. I thought technically it was equal to many similar mainstream comedies and the acting was solid. Writing wise there was room for improvement, I thought they played up the incompetent dad trope too much. But this was probably the best film from Christian filmmakers that I've seen.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Big Eyes and The Imitation Game. Big Eyes was great all the way up until the end where it got a bit ridiculous. The ridiculousness was part of the true story, but it was still a bit of a letdown. Christopher Waltz's character was completely insane by the end in a very kooky way, and so he made for an extremely pathetic villain. But other than that, it was a clever, delightfully quirky, and factually accurate Tim Burton movie. The Imitation Game was excellent, if a bit inappropriate (Mr. Yorp would have a fit over the main character's homosexuality). Benedict Cumberbatch was absolutely amazing, and I'm hoping he wins the Best Actor Oscar. I'm seeing Into the Woods tomorrow and Unbroken the next day. And yes, I jam on vacation. :mrgreen:
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:I watched Mom's Night Out and I found it very funny. I thought technically it was equal to many similar mainstream comedies and the acting was solid. Writing wise there was room for improvement, I thought they played up the incompetent dad trope too much. But this was probably the best film from Christian filmmakers that I've seen.
I am glad that you enjoyed the movie, Eleventh Doctor. :) It is a very fun movie to watch, and enjoy over and over again.

Even though this technically isn't a movie, I watched Full House last night.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

The last movie I watch was "That's the Worst" by Tim Hawkins. One. of. my. favorites.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Into the Woods. Very bizarre, in a somewhat good way. The songs were a bit, um, uncatchy, but I was still fairly absorbed in the characters by the end. I would give it a 7/10 in quality, as opposed to Big Eyes's 6/10 and The Imitation Game's 9/10.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I watched this reeeeeaaallllllyyy strange, cartoon-yet-not movie called "Mars." Um ya, I have no idea what I just watched.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

We finally managed to sit down and watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. It's not been Chrismas without it. :(
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched that a couple weeks ago. :) So funny.

I watched Red. Last time I watched it I had a ear infection. I didn't like it, then. I wonder why?
:mrgreen:
-Nicolas Cage
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I watched Braveheart again. It's still one of my absolute favourite movies.

I'm actually part Scottish.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I just saw the new Annie. It was just absolutely sublime. Great performances from everybody, fantastic script, and the sentimental fluff was delivered with subtlety and class. Definitely among the greatest films of all time, and I'm predicting it will inspire a new wave of quality family films.

In case you haven't figured it out, that was all sarcasm, and I only reserve sarcasm for the worst of the worst. To quote the great late Roger Ebert, and applying the quote to Annie: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it." So yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my 90 minutes (it felt longer) back. :)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I just saw the new Annie. It was just absolutely sublime. Great performances from everybody, fantastic script, and the sentimental fluff was delivered with subtlety and class. Definitely among the greatest films of all time, and I'm predicting it will inspire a new wave of quality family films.

In case you haven't figured it out, that was all sarcasm, and I only reserve sarcasm for the worst of the worst. To quote the great late Roger Ebert, and applying the quote to Annie: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it." So yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how to get my 90 minutes (it felt longer) back. :)
The first part of this post made me think you had gone soft or something, and had the makings of a film critic..

Not to say the second paragraph made me disagree with the fact that you'd be a good film critic..

My roommate is upset that they did yet another Annie, as if the first 3..4.. movies weren't enough.. :P\
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched The Help. I really enjoyed it. :)
-Nicolas Cage