Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Ah, yes, the movies topic has been revived! \:D/ In recent years, I’ve been becoming more interested in film, something I’ve started researching for fun. It’s an interesting area. Although there’s a lot of movies I have not seen, I do keep up with what’s currently being released and what movies are easily available to watch. I have a list of films that I need to watch that is growing longer all the time.

I recently watched Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman for the first time some weeks ago, which was interesting. This week I watched the short film The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar, which I thought was pretty good.
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Patterson
Strawberry

Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:41 pm
Ah, yes, the movies topic has been revived! \:D/ In recent years, I’ve been becoming more interested in film, something I’ve started researching for fun. It’s an interesting area. Although there’s a lot of movies I have not seen, I do keep up with what’s currently being released and what movies are easily available to watch. I have a list of films that I need to watch that is growing longer all the time.

I recently watched Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman for the first time some weeks ago, which was interesting.
Yes! Glad this topic was revived too.
My grandma has a huge collection of classic movies but I haven't had the time to watch them with her lately. At least some classic movies occasionally make it onto youtube movies. The last one I watched was The Court Jester starring Danny Kaye. It was really fun!

Another one I highly recommend is 1963's The Mouse On The Moon. A great little british comedy that pokes fun at the space race.

Haven't seen '89 Batman, but I saw a couple of it's sequels a few years ago. Batman and Robin was not a good movie by any stretch, but it made me laugh. All those ice puns. Ahhh!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I’ve been watching a few films lately since my last post here. :yes:

A bunch of the DC films were made available on Amazon Prime Video and Netflix a while ago, so I watched a good amount of those for the first time: I watched Shazam! which I really liked! Very fun movie and story. The second one, Shazam! Fury of the Gods was pretty good, but I think the first one was better. Watched Wonder Woman and Man of Steel which were fine. I know that the Wonder Woman movie received very positive responses upon its release in 2017 and did well in the box office, but I personally was underwhelmed. :anxious: So many similarities to Captain America: The First Avenger :anxious:
Then I watched Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and was really not very impressed. To me it seemed like so many elements were squeezed into it. I couldn’t help making comparisons of it to how well the Marvel universe had done Civil War. After that, I watched Justice League, which was decent. Then I watched The Flash, the new 2023 one. I enjoyed it and really liked how the film had Micheal Keaton reprise his Batman character from the 1989 Batman movie! That was fun to see. Somewhere in there I also saw Black Adam, which I liked and thought was really fun.

So, overall, I can’t say I have been impressed with the DC films. However, I generally enjoy watching superhero films, so I still want to continue watching the DC franchise as I am already fairly familiar with and have seen all the Marvel movies. There are still other DC films (including Wonder Woman 1989, the Suicide Squad movies, and the 2022 The Batman) which I haven’t gotten around to watching which I hope to see soon.

I watched Ladybug and Cat Noir: The Movie some time ago. I have never watched the show that the film is based on, but I think the film was a good standalone movie and is something that has actually made me interested in checking out the show. I thought the movie was a good story with good characters.

I watched Inception for the first time a few months ago. I thought it was a cool concept, but very complicated. :mad:

There are still a lot more movies that I want to see. I’ll post about the next bunch I watch. \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.