Movies

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Well, if you want more context, the movies you really need to see are The Avengers, CA:TWS, and Age of Ultron; you could watch the Iron Man trilogy, Ant-Man, and Captain America: The First Avenger to get some background on some of the characters, but the vast majority of the characters and conflicts in this film have arcs and concepts rooted in those three movies.
Really, the big takeaway from Civil War is that Bobby Newport has finally cemented himself a real job. \:D/
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I'm Bobby Newport and I haven't worked a day in my life
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

"I guess my thoughts on the Sokovia Accords are, y'know, let's just all have a good time."
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'll write it out for you;
Bucky, "The Winter Soldier" was used as a tool of war for over seventy years by a subversive organisation bent on world dominion, they redesigned Bucky's system and pushed his humanity below a form of mind controlling.
Before this, him and Captain America had a admirable friendship during World War ll while fighting Nazis, and Hydra which has been around for thousands of years in the Marvel universe. During the war, Bucky fell from a train in the Alps and was presumed dead.
Later on, Captain America sacrificed himself and ended up encased for seventy years in ice. At this time, Stark's father grew as a Inventor and Scientist who worked for a government organisation against Hydra.Unknown to many, Bucky had already been brainwashed and begun his work as the Winter Soldier.
This is when he killed Stark's parents, in the mission of attaining a serum for Hydra
When Captain America regained consciousness in the Twenty-first century he witnessed the infiltration of Hydra :twisted: in America's government and ran into his best friend, Bucky.
Unfortunately, Bucky didnt respond well and there was blood. Captain America ended up with the Avengers team after Bucky went missing. He and Stark bickered constantly over their differences and Stark felt inferior since his father before always mentioned knowing Captain America.
The Avengers stopped threats to the Earth from Aliens and Robots, innocent people were unfortunately killed with the destruction. So the Accords were written to ensure there would be no collateral damage, Captain America didn't want the Government controlling the work he did, this is when Bucky was flushed our when he was framed for bombing the U.N.
Captain America was willing to believe he was innocent Stark wanted to bring Bucky in and come to an agreement about the Accords.
And finally, Stark realised the one responsible for killing his parents was Bucky.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

GG, how have you not watched any other Marvel movies if your little sister is Rosy? O.o

I watched The Jungle Book. It was ok. It was just another remake to me. Nothing extremely special, but good.

Also, #parksandrec
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Bethany Shepard wrote:GG, how have you not watched any other Marvel movies if your little sister is Rosy? O.o
She's been at collage the past two years, plus we don't really watch movies together anyways...
As far as Civil War goes, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. As I said before I wasn't entirely sold on the plot, but I think it was done as well as it could be. There's only one thing I truly hated about the film, but it only took up about 5 minutes max, so I can let it slide
I'm talking of course, about the Steve/Sharon thing which I saw coming in WS but still despise. Plus it felt so out of place.. "Yeah, we're currently fugitives on the run, under strict time restraints, and if we get caught my best friend will most likely be killed/imprisoned for crimes he's not guilty of, but now's a great time to kiss my dead ex's niece even though it's been less than a week since her passing."
I liked the MCU Zemo much better than the EMH's Zemo, which was basically an old man dressed like a purple sock monkey. Natasha joining Tony's "side" was made to be far less out of character than I originally thought it would be. Spiderman and Antman were also amazing. I could go on, but suffice to say, I really really liked it.
I do think Winter Solider was better as far as the political side of things, but Civil War is a contender for my favorite movie.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Rosy wrote:
Bethany Shepard wrote:GG, how have you not watched any other Marvel movies if your little sister is Rosy? O.o
She's been at collage the past two years
Yes, those arts and crafts take up a lot of time.

But other than that, I'd say for the same reason she's never seen Doctor Who or Sherlock.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I watched Ant Man for the first time. It was really good! Probably because my expectations were so low.
-Nicolas Cage
Wakko
Pistachio

I watched Bo Burnham's Make Happy, it's so freaking good, oh my gosh.
Helios
Butter Pecan

I just watched Young Justice! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D (He's an animated character, they said; you can't fall in love with him, they said. Genuis) :twisted:
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Helios wrote:I just watched Young Justice! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D (He's an animated character, they said; you can't fall in love with him, they said. Genuis) :twisted:
NEEEEEEEEEERD! :ugeek: :mrgreen:

I watched Miss Congeniality a few days ago. GREAT movie!
-Nicolas Cage
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Anyone here ever heard of/watched"Next Avengers: Heroes of Tommorrow"? Its a great movie. \:D/
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Helios
Butter Pecan

It's animated, right? I've seen it on Netflix, but never watched it. What's the rating? :D
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Yes, it is animated. Not sure what the rating is though.
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I started on Once Upon A Time. It's starting to get real good!
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Baron von Odyssey wrote:Yes, it is animated. Not sure what the rating is though.
It's PG, and while I don't know that much about it, I do know that Captain America and Black Widow get together in it and therefore it must be everything.
Helios
Butter Pecan

Together? Like, dating? I MUST see this. O.o
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

They made a smol together and he's the main character of the movie. :inlove:
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

It's just mentioned that they got married.
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Helios
Butter Pecan

Weird. I always thought she'd marry Bucky. Russian spies and all that. :P

I just watched the first episode of Traveler with Matt Bomer in it. Oh my...why did they cancel this??? O.o I love it! Although I find it hard to believe no one broke any bones during the roller-blade-down-the-stairs sequence or the chase-Tyler-across-rooftops-and-car-hoods. :? All hail the power of miraculous durability of non-breakable movie bones! :D