Fandoms

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!

Hunger Games Books

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH I CANNOT TELL YOU
40%
I love them
20%
I like them
40%
I couldn't give less of a banana peel
No votes
I do not like them
No votes
AT ALL
No votes
I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT TRASH THESE BOOKS ARE
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I do like Oscar Wilde's stuff, even though, I've only read a couple works by him.
I love Picture of Dorian Gray. Importance of Being Earnest is great too. :)

-- Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 pm --
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote: Still not allowed to see Psycho. :evil: Oh well, I guess it probably is a bit intense.
Psycho is my favorite. The one I saw was rated R--just for the stabbing scene--which isn't as graphic as most Rs nowadays. It mostly suggest things--which I think is better and can be scarier than showing everything (which I'd rather not see anyway).

This is what's on my fanfiction.net profile. It's not an exhaustive list, especially where books are concerned. Movies too. And some TV shows I probably forgot. Music isn't on ff.net really so I might put those on later when I think of them.

Adventures in Odyssey
TV shows: Star Trek

Doctor Who

The Walking Dead

LOST, the X-files, Lois and Clark, Stargate, Supernatural, Prison Break, Monk, Psych, City Hunter, Twin Peaks, Community

Avatar:the Last Airbender, Tron: Uprising, Fairy Tail

Get Smart, Green Acres, Leave it to Beaver, Hogan's Heroes, Cheyenne, the Prisoner, the Invaders ...

Miniseries: Tenth Kingdom, Tin Man, Alice, the Idiot (Russian)

Lord of the Rings, book and movie

movies-- Lawrence of Arabia, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Dark Knight/Rises, Star Wars, Galaxy Quest,
Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones

CS Lewis, Tolkien, Kafka, Dostoyevsky, Flannery O'Connor, Max Brand, Diana Wynne Jones

Harry Potter series, Series of Unfortunate Events, Hunger Games, John Carter series....

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Ameraka wrote:
LOST, the X-files, Lois and Clark, Stargate, Supernatural, Prison Break, Monk, Psych, City Hunter, Twin Peaks, Community
Ooh, I forgot to add Lois and Clark! That's another one of my fandoms. I keep seeing Psych on Netflix... Is it any good?
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Woody
Cookies & Creme

Oh, and how could I forget Switchfoot? Likely my biggest fandom \:D/

"You'll never be far, I'm keeping you near, inside of my heart, you're here." ~Owl City, Gold
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Stella C. wrote:
Ooh, I forgot to add Lois and Clark! That's another one of my fandoms. I keep seeing Psych on Netflix... Is it any good?
I love Lois and Clark. It's such a good show and they're Lois and Clark have great chemistry. and I had a crush on Clark Kent when I was younger :)

Psych is good. It gets addicting. Shawn (the main character) is so funny and I love his and Gus's friendship :) But some of the later seasons tend to get a little more 'adult'. :(

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Ameraka wrote:
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I do like Oscar Wilde's stuff, even though, I've only read a couple works by him.
Yeah, I've just very recently (as in, the past couple days) started to dig into some of his plays. When I first posted this, I had only read The Picture of Dorian Gray, which I found interesting. Now I realize that Oscar Wilde was basically a total goofball, something that the morbid nature of Dorian Grey wouldn't suggest. However, after reading The. Importance of Being Earnest (which I'm going to see at the theatre in a few months) and Lady Windmere's Fan, I believe I can now call myself a "Wilde fan". I adored The Importance of Being Earnest for its classic plot, lovable characters, and smooth dialogue. It's actually quite hilarious once you get used to his type of humor. Lady Windmere's Fan was certainly good as well, even if the plot is a bit strange (The woman she thinks her husband is having an affair with is actually her mother? Say what?). I know from one of his Pound Foolish Wisdoms that PF is a fan of that particular play, so perhaps we can talk about it.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I've only seen one episode of Psych, but I can easily see it becoming one of my "fandoms". :)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Ameraka wrote:

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote: Still not allowed to see Psycho. :evil: Oh well, I guess it probably is a bit intense.
Psycho is my favorite. The one I saw was rated R--just for the stabbing scene--which isn't as graphic as most Rs nowadays. It mostly suggest things--which I think is better and can be scarier than showing everything (which I'd rather not see anyway).

This is what's on my fanfiction.net profile. It's not an exhaustive list, especially where books are concerned. Movies too. And some TV shows I probably forgot. Music isn't on ff.net really so I might put those on later when I think of them.

Adventures in Odyssey

Doctor Who

The Walking Dead

Get Smart, Green Acres, Leave it to Beaver, Hogan's Heroes, Cheyenne, the Prisoner, the Invaders ...

movies-- Lawrence of Arabia, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Dark Knight/Rises, Star Wars, Galaxy Quest,

CS Lewis, Tolkien, Kafka, Dostoyevsky, Flannery O'Connor, Max Brand, Diana Wynne Jones

Harry Potter series, Series of Unfortunate Events, Hunger Games, John Carter series...

Wow, that's like....my exact list of fandoms. I love LOST, Community, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

The only things that are missing are Sherlock and Breaking Bad
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Wretched Sinner wrote:
Ameraka wrote:

Adventures in Odyssey

Doctor Who

The Walking Dead

Harry Potter series, Series of Unfortunate Events, Hunger Games, John Carter series...

Wow, that's like....my exact list of fandoms. I love LOST, Community, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

The only things that are missing are Sherlock and Breaking Bad
Wow, that's funny. Though not at the top, Sherlock and BB would be on my list too.

Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Is Breaking Bad any good? I've heard about it, but I haven't really heard what it's about.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I believe it's TV-MA. I'm not judging or anything, and I haven't watched it anyway, but perhaps we should just get that simple fact out of the way before you recommend it to unsuspecting Soda Shoppers. :)
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:I believe it's TV-MA. I'm not judging or anything, and I haven't watched it anyway, but perhaps we should just get that simple fact out of the way before you recommend it to unsuspecting Soda Shoppers. :)
It's TV-14

It's an interesting show, but violent and it's got lots of drug content.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... that's funny, I remember hearing it was TV-MA somewhere. Common Sense Media gave it a 17 and up, so perhaps I just assumed that it was. And yeah, it did actually sound like a pretty interesting premise from what I read, but I can't say I'll be watching it anytime soon.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Wretched Sinner wrote:
It's TV-14

Oh, ok. TV-14 is the highest rating I let myself watch (and it's rare that I even watch TV-14), so maybe at some point in my life I'll start it. And is the violence more or less than the Desolation of Smaug?
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ClaraOswald wrote:
Wretched Sinner wrote:
It's TV-14

Oh, ok. TV-14 is the highest rating I let myself watch (and it's rare that I even watch TV-14), so maybe at some point in my life I'll start it. And is the violence more or less than the Desolation of Smaug?
I think there's a TV-14 version and a TV-MA version.

GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Do you guys think Taylor Swift is Country or Pop? She was Country, and has come more into the Pop genre now, in my own opinion
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

ClaraOswald wrote:
Wretched Sinner wrote:
It's TV-14

Probably less violence. The violence in Breaking Bad is rare, but when it does appear it could be disturbing for some people.

Also, the most of the language is beeped out (except the dvd version)
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

gablerbage8 wrote:Do you guys think Taylor Swift is Country or Pop? She was Country, and has come more into the Pop genre now, in my own opinion
I always thought of her as popry, or country/pop. Like Josh Groban is "popera" or opera/pop.
Wakko
Pistachio

Wretched Sinner wrote:
ClaraOswald wrote:
Wretched Sinner wrote:
It's TV-14

Probably less violence. The violence in Breaking Bad is rare, but when it does appear it could be disturbing for some people.

Also, the most of the language is beeped out (except the dvd version)
The versions that aired on TV are TV-14 while the ones that are on DVD, are TV-MA.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

ClaraOswald wrote:
gablerbage8 wrote:Do you guys think Taylor Swift is Country or Pop? She was Country, and has come more into the Pop genre now, in my own opinion
I always thought of her as popry, or country/pop. Like Josh Groban is "popera" or opera/pop.
I think that she switches with almost every album. Some album's are pop, and some country. Most are pop nowadays.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

She has four albums, and One coming out.

-- Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:21 pm --

She has four albums, and One coming out.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Wakko
Pistachio

Why has the poll changed to a One Direction poll? o.0