Fears

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Fears

This past Sunday, the elevator at our church malfunctioned and the pastor was stuck for 5-10 minutes. At this time, nobody was near the elevator and there wasn't much air to breathe. He didn't have his cell phone with him at the time the the emergency phone kept putting him on hold. Finally he was able to get out but it was scary for him.

With that said, it brought back my fear of elevators as a kid. Some of my other fears include heights and roller-coasters that go upside down and things like that. Snakes are another big one unless they are just on TV or in a cage. What are things you are afraid of?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Spiders. There is no creature in this world more unnatural than a spider. Also, jump scares, because I have anxiety and panic attacks are pretty much the opposite of "my thing".
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Mine would be stalling a stick shift car in the middle of an intersection. :mad: #presentfears
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Helios
Butter Pecan

I've that had happen to me, MF. It's not that bad. :P I'm just glad it wasn't the train tracks.

People invading my house at night. During the day is okay. I can handle that. Nighttime is not okay. O.o

Being stabbed. Stab wounds are messy and icky and gross. *shudders*

Hmm...all my teeth falling out. I dream about it occasionally.

Losing stuff in public places. I am uber-paranoid about that.
kait
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:Mine would be stalling a stick shift car in the middle of an intersection. :mad: #presentfears
NOT ON MY WATCH. :noway:

Spiders. I hate hate spiders. Also I'm just generally afraid of life right now so that's cool \:D/
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Spiders yes, I've seen terribly big ones... :mad:
And moths, I have a deathly fear of.
More seriously, I'm afraid of losing the people in my family and can be a little over protective...
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, if my mom is a few minutes late, I'm running through the worst possible scenarios in my head—like, we go from "she hit every red light" to "SHE WAS MURDERED BY A RAVING LUNATIC PTA PARENT" real quick.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Yes...it is that exactly :x .
It's thinking my little brother was kidnapped at the park when he's only playing in the enclosed slide...panicking when my older sister leaves for the restroom at the movies and doesn't return for thirty minutes...worrying about my dad taking an overnight flight. The worry is controlling and feels like the sky is closing in.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

And it's even worse because my parents and brother barely ever use their cell phones, so even if I text them they'll probably not even see it until they've already come home.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*pats everyone and orders therapists for Helios, Tiger and GJFH*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Shrugs*
I fear nothing but straight ladders. I murder snakes, toads (jumping), and spiders. Spiders are like nothing.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Umm...great? Doesn't make them less of a phobia for the rest of us.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Wow, insecure much? The topic is literally what you are afraid of. =p I guess you could take that Blitz is making fun of you all, but he could also just be stating his opinion of them...
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I'm not saying it's intentionally malicious. It is, however, a poor choice of words, and it's pretty insensitive. When someone says they fear something, you don't blow that off like it's nothing, any more than you should intentionally put them into a situation with their fear involved as a joke. For example, I'm not afraid of heights, but for some people, being up at high altitudes is terrifying. Should my response to someone opening up and acknowledging that be "Being twenty stories off the ground is nothing"? No, because that's tactless and dismissive—for that person, things like flights and rollercoasters and walking around in office buildings can be really difficult and legitimately frightening experiences.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

1. Tornados
2. Pit bulls
3. (only because of the smaller chance of it happening) Losing close family members...

I like frogs, and yah Blitz could have used a better choice of words...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I have an extreme fear of anything at lives in the sea. From plants on the sea floor to starved sharks roaming the ocean for lunch.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Ha! Nice try. I know that you are simply trying to figure out all of our weaknesses...you'll never find out mine!

(Though if you're curious, one of my irrational fears is ants. Not even fire ants, sugar ants make me run out of the room. Where there is one, there is many more, and the thought of ants covering everything scares the crud out of me.)
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

We found a way to torture her! :twisted:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

My main animal fear is sharks, though I am not very afraid of them. In general I'm not really afraid of animals. I
have a big fear of death, as well as of time passing. I'm not afraid of growing up, just the thought of things changing and people drifting away from their family saddens and scares me. Also the idea that my time on earth is slowly being pulled away terrifies me. I have a big fear of being kidnapped, not because of any past experience, but because of all the terrifying stories I've heard.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Novatom wrote:I'm not afraid of growing up, just the thought of things changing and people drifting away from their family saddens and scares me. Also the idea that my time on earth is slowly being pulled away terrifies me.
Same here. I feel like I always have to remind myself to live my life and be emotionally available in relationships to the fullest, because I'd rather have a lot of great memories and a life well-lived than regret time wasted worrying about little things.
Novatom wrote:I have a big fear of being kidnapped, not because of any past experience, but because of all the terrifying stories I've heard.
Right with you, although one way my fears are assuaged is that most of the time, stories like that make the news because they're so out of the ordinary. It's always good to take precautions and not take unnecessary risks, but most people really do have genuinely innocuous intentions. Also remember to always ask questions, and I say that because I recently got a letter telling me about this great internship opportunity that started pay at $15.00 an hour and was for all majors, only to find out that it was actually a lure for a human trafficking scam. (To be honest, I'm still a little shaken up over it.)