Odyssey Central - New Site!

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Eugene
Vanilla

Odyssey Central - New Site!

I am excited to announce that I have launched a brand new Adventures in Odyssey fan site! \:D/

Odyssey Central is meant to be the front page of the internet for Adventures in Odyssey fans, providing a portal to the online Odyssey community. The whole idea is to bring together all the fan sites, podcasts, and more into one place for easy discovery and sharing among the community. In fact, one of the key features is a full directory of those fan-made Odyssey resources, but there's also a lot more!

Top Features:
  • Mega Feed of new posts, quotes, podcast episodes, and more.
  • Mega Search to hunt through all of the Odyssey-related sites out there.
  • Quick Links to official and top fan sites that are frequently visited.
  • Directories of fan sites, official resources, podcasts, fan fiction, and more.
  • Odyssey Player to listen to episodes of Adventures in Odyssey.
  • Adventure Comparison System to rate episodes relative to one another.
  • And more coming soon, including a web radio station!
We're not trying to reinvent the Odyssey fan site wheel. But we are trying to improve it and bring everyone with us. ;)

Please check it out and let me know what you think!
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."
Patterson
Strawberry

Sounds Awesome! I checked it out real quick the other day and it looks great. I'm particularly intrigued by the odyssey player and web radio functions. I remember years ago when AiO released a web radio player around the time of either album 53 or 55. They didn't leave it up very long and they removed the link to it from the odyssey podcast (RIP whitsend.org) but it was cool. Looking back, it was probably just as well that it ended because my folks were always mad at me when I killed our bandwidth listening to Odyssey online. :( I love having modern internet! I do have a couple questions about the upcoming odyssey player and web radio station. Will the Odyssey player be one of the ones where you need a AiO Club account? Will the web radio be for playing fan podcasts or is Focus On the Family cool with playing Odyssey episodes on there? Love the site so far.
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Oh dude! This will be so helpful! Thanks, you guys!
*Finger guns aggressively*
Eugene
Vanilla

MonkeyDude wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:34 am
Oh dude! This will be so helpful! Thanks, you guys!
greatkindheartedbush wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:45 pm
Love the site so far.
Glad that you're both excited about the new site! I am too!! \:D/

I'm particularly intrigued by the odyssey player and web radio functions. I remember years ago when AiO released a web radio player around the time of either album 53 or 55. They didn't leave it up very long and they removed the link to it from the odyssey podcast (RIP whitsend.org) but it was cool.
Actually... that's where the idea and inspiration for Odyssey Central and the fan web radio came from. Odyssey Central exists because of Odyssey Web Radio.

Will the Odyssey player be one of the ones where you need a AiO Club account?
The Odyssey Player will have AIO content that Focus on the Family has made freely available, the daily AIO episodes, and will be able to connect to people's AIO Club accounts to access the entire AIO library. I'm hoping to add some other goodies in the future if I can talk to the right people and get things set up... but I can't make any promises. :mad:

Will the web radio be for playing fan podcasts or is Focus On the Family cool with playing Odyssey episodes on there?
I'm pretty sure that Focus on the Family will be okay with certain Odyssey episodes being played on the web radio. I can't commit to that quite yet, but it's almost certain. But it's meant to focus on fan-made content, including podcasts, audio dramas, and stuff a little bit outside of the world of Adventures in Odyssey. Maybe we'll do a live Christmas radio show!! 😜

Thanks for the questions and excitement, everyone!! \:D/
aka Bird

"Don't fuss with me."