What would you like to see on an AIO website?

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
snubs
Cookies & Creme

What would you like to see on an AIO website?

I posted this on the ToO, but I'm gonna post it here too.

I've been playing with the idea of creating a website for my fan page, Odyssey Moments. It's something I would love to make happen in order to broaden the possibilities of what I could do.

So, my question to you is, what would you like to see on an AIO website?

. . . . . . .

A lot of you have may have already seen this, but for those who haven't, check out this beautifully amazing logo I commissioned for my page! I did the logo design, and my fellow artist friend, Emma did the AIO art. :inlove:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

snubs wrote:I posted this on the ToO, but I'm gonna post it here too.

I've been playing with the idea of creating a website for my fan page, Odyssey Moments. It's something I would love to make happen in order to broaden the possibilities of what I could do.

So, my question to you is, what would you like to see on an AIO website?

. . . . . . .

A lot of you have may have already seen this, but for those who haven't, check out this beautifully amazing logo I commissioned for my page! I did the logo design, and my fellow artist friend, Emma did the AIO art. :inlove:
The art style looks very similar to an artist called OverTheRhine90 on deviantart. She does art of Whit, Connie, Eugene, Jason, Katrina, Jason/Connie, Eugene/Katrina and Whit/Jenny. I imagine these versions being the "Disney-fied" version of Odyssey, or if someone did art of a live-action AIO movie adaptation.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

Well, it depends on the depth of your ambition. It's my feeling that a new first-tier AIO site (like AIOHQ, the Soda Fountain, or the Odyssey Scoop) should integrate more with user-generated content and AIOWiki. The difficulty with all of the three sites listed above is that they depended largely on one person running them and moving them forward, and they ran out of steam and/or began to look obviously out of date after that person moved on or couldn't keep up the pace. In online communities, there's strength in unity. By drawing from common resources we can save more energy for doing unique things, and by allowing users to contribute we can make sure the site is bigger than just one person.

If you have something a bit more low-key in mind, I remember being impressed by Kungfunaomi's blog a while back; a lot of unique content and special features. Your page so far seems to cover a lot of artwork, memes, etc., so something of a 'gallery' focusing on promoting fan works might not be out of tune.

I've been working on expanding my own AIO projects over the last while, so increasing awareness and figuring out how to reach out to the community are definitely things that've been on my mind. If you're on IRC sometime, feel free to drop into #grotto and see me; I'd like to find some way, big or small, that we could collaborate.
A classic never goes out of style.
snubs
Cookies & Creme

djchatswithu wrote:The art style looks very similar to an artist called OverTheRhine90 on deviantart. She does art of Whit, Connie, Eugene, Jason, Katrina, Jason/Connie, Eugene/Katrina and Whit/Jenny. I imagine these versions being the "Disney-fied" version of Odyssey, or if someone did art of a live-action AIO movie adaptation.
Haha, that's because it is OverTheRhine90's art! \:D/ :lol: I love her art so much! And yes, I totally could see this style being used for an animation. Maybe as a remake of the old cartoon. ;) Or it would be really cool to use this style for AIO comic books.
Bob wrote:Well, it depends on the depth of your ambition. It's my feeling that a new first-tier AIO site (like AIOHQ, the Soda Fountain, or the Odyssey Scoop) should integrate more with user-generated content and AIOWiki. The difficulty with all of the three sites listed above is that they depended largely on one person running them and moving them forward, and they ran out of steam and/or began to look obviously out of date after that person moved on or couldn't keep up the pace. In online communities, there's strength in unity. By drawing from common resources we can save more energy for doing unique things, and by allowing users to contribute we can make sure the site is bigger than just one person.

If you have something a bit more low-key in mind, I remember being impressed by Kungfunaomi's blog a while back; a lot of unique content and special features. Your page so far seems to cover a lot of artwork, memes, etc., so something of a 'gallery' focusing on promoting fan works might not be out of tune.

I've been working on expanding my own AIO projects over the last while, so increasing awareness and figuring out how to reach out to the community are definitely things that've been on my mind. If you're on IRC sometime, feel free to drop into #grotto and see me; I'd like to find some way, big or small, that we could collaborate.
Oh yeah, I agree. That is something I thought about. I don't want it to just die because I couldn't keep up with it. There is a lot more I would like to do on my page right now, but don't have the time to invest right this moment. So if there was a website, I would definitely like to get others on board that could help work the behind the scenes.

As for how intensive I would like the site, well, the sky's the limit, I say. I would likely start out basic though and see where it goes. I like the idea of it being very fan contributed too. Which is why fan art features would be a big part of it. I'm very passionate about featuring fan-works. Basically, I would just like it being anything and everything Odyssey, big or small, and frankly, whatever I feel like. =p Because that is what Odyssey Moments is, moments from Odyssey.

I started my page as an outlet to post about AIO without clogging my personal social media account. So people who wanted to see AIO posts could follow, and those who didn't could go on their way. Long story short, it instantly turned into a meme page and fan art features. xD Which I'm pretty proud of because at the time, I was the only page that was doing that. And originally, I was the creator of the majority of AIO memes you could find on the internet. :lol: xD
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

snubs wrote:
djchatswithu wrote:The art style looks very similar to an artist called OverTheRhine90 on deviantart. She does art of Whit, Connie, Eugene, Jason, Katrina, Jason/Connie, Eugene/Katrina and Whit/Jenny. I imagine these versions being the "Disney-fied" version of Odyssey, or if someone did art of a live-action AIO movie adaptation.
Haha, that's because it is OverTheRhine90's art! \:D/ :lol: I love her art so much! And yes, I totally could see this style being used for an animation. Maybe as a remake of the old cartoon. ;) Or it would be really cool to use this style for AIO comic books.
Bob wrote:Well, it depends on the depth of your ambition. It's my feeling that a new first-tier AIO site (like AIOHQ, the Soda Fountain, or the Odyssey Scoop) should integrate more with user-generated content and AIOWiki. The difficulty with all of the three sites listed above is that they depended largely on one person running them and moving them forward, and they ran out of steam and/or began to look obviously out of date after that person moved on or couldn't keep up the pace. In online communities, there's strength in unity. By drawing from common resources we can save more energy for doing unique things, and by allowing users to contribute we can make sure the site is bigger than just one person.

Oh yeah, I agree. That is something I thought about. I don't want it to just die because I couldn't keep up with it. There is a lot more I would like to do on my page right now, but don't have the time to invest right this moment. So if there was a website, I would definitely like to get others on board that could help work the behind the scenes.

As for how intensive I would like the site, well, the sky's the limit, I say. I would likely start out basic though and see where it goes. I like the idea of it being very fan contributed too. Which is why fan art features would be a big part of it. I'm very passionate about featuring fan-works. Basically, I would just like it being anything and everything Odyssey, big or small, and frankly, whatever I feel like. =p Because that is what Odyssey Moments is, moments from Odyssey.

I started my page as an outlet to post about AIO without clogging my personal social media account. So people who wanted to see AIO posts could follow, and those who didn't could go on their way. Long story short, it instantly turned into a meme page and fan art features. xD Which I'm pretty proud of because at the time, I was the only page that was doing that. And originally, I was the creator of the majority of AIO memes you could find on the internet. :lol: xD
I thought it was the work of OverTheRhine90 but I couldn't find any links to Deviantart so that's why I assumed otherwise. I joined Deviantart so I could follow her work and leave a few comments, as her work helped inspire a couple of fanfic ideas i'm working on. I've been meaning to leave a link to her page here so others could see the brilliant work she's done. I really do like her take on the characters, the best I can do is trace them and draw some of the different outfits they've worn, but I'm a bit busy for that now.