TheToO: Another AIO message board.

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
User avatar
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup
Posts: 1587
Joined: January 2016
Location: Writing my way out
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

TigerShadow wrote:I like the winter style; the deep blue is lovely. I mean, it was a little jarring that we couldn't change it if we wanted to, but it seems to me like that was just a mistake, the tech people fixed it, and we can move on. It's not really something that merits an over-the-top response like that, facetious or otherwise.
Mmhm. I really do like the colour, and like I said before, am planning on using this theme as long as possible.
You did a fantastic job Belle. :D Thank you.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Belle wrote:Sarcasm or not, that was still pretty rude.
Well my rights had been violated and I was crying for justice. But I understand the weak and injured of this world are nothing to those in power.
Belle wrote:Especially for someone who has put in hours and hours of making new headers for this board, and you basically just spat in my face.
O.o I don't blame you. I'd blame whoever doesn't allow you to do other themes... Your headers are beautiful, its just the theme that really can't be remedied.
TigerShadow wrote:It's not really something that merits an over-the-top response like that, facetious or otherwise.
So Ox is allowed to troll but I can't? Hmmm....
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
snubs
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 296
Joined: September 2012
Location: Loserville
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

I really like the darker/royal blue as well. =}
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
Image
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Tarol
Peach Cobbler
Posts: 1412
Joined: June 2015

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:So Ox is allowed to troll but I can't? Hmmm....
You sometimes try to be mature. I never do, so that's why I just am allowed to go. :yes:

But yeah, it was rather frightening... Being stuck with the normal theme really scares me because it doesn't show what I would like/expect a forum style to show. It's pretty enough, but it just needs some tweaks yet that have not been considered, so that's why I use AcidTech.

Seeing as it has been threatened before that all the AcidTech styles would be removed, I think we do have the the right and reasons to protest. We had no idea it was just a technical issue, the board styles could've just been removed without any notice to the rest of the forum. Our rights to a choice of board style was being removed, and being Americans, we have the right to freedom and free speech which means protesting against the over-bearing rule of authority. Maybe it's because you all claim to be dictators and seem to say you'll do what you want. With names/attitudes like that, we live in a constant fear of you doing what you think is best without feedback from the forum. But that's a whole different issue. xD

I apologize for being rude, and hope you realize we don't hate the normal board because of the artwork. xD (Why you would think that is beyond me) But I just hope the ruling authority understands the AcidTech boards are in use, and decides to keep at least one so there is variety for those who prefer it. Thank you!
xo eht haiasi-
User avatar
Belle
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4997
Joined: May 2012
Location: Spoilers!
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Miss Friendship wrote:
Belle wrote:Sarcasm or not, that was still pretty rude.
Well my rights had been violated and I was crying for justice. But I understand the weak and injured of this world are nothing to those in power.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the ToO not also automatically change styles based on the season? I'm also on a large American Girl board that does the same thing. I thought it was par for the course.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:
Miss Friendship wrote:So Ox is allowed to troll but I can't? Hmmm....
You sometimes try to be mature. I never do, so that's why I just am allowed to go. :yes:
Oh no, my post was meant to address both of you. Your constant complaining in this thread and the other one is quite frankly obnoxious.

And to clarify, I'm not upset that you're complaining. If I were in your shoes, and the only theme available was AcidTech, I would be complaining too.

What I am not okay with is the obnoxious over hyping of your complaints, and your constant degrading of this theme.

It's one thing to politely state your opinion. Say how you like the other theme better, ask the administration to keep it. It is another to do what you are doing.

We get it. You don't like it. You like AcidTech. However, the decision to move away from AcidTech was not mine or SirWhit's. So your over dramatic rants do nothing at this point except anger us.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Our rights to a choice of board style was being removed, and being Americans, we have the right to freedom and free speech which means protesting against the over-bearing rule of authority. Maybe it's because you all claim to be dictators and seem to say you'll do what you want. With names/attitudes like that, we live in a constant fear of you doing what you think is best without feedback from the forum.
I hate to break it to you, but this isn't a democracy. Jacob is the one in charge, and we listen to him. We make decisions that we think are best, and do actually ask the opinion of the forum a lot more than many other forums I've been on. You don't really have much basis to complain. Plus, we are the ones in charge. You can say why you think we should change something, but that doesn't mean we have to. We are not elected officials.
Isaiah the Ox wrote: I apologize for being rude, and hope you realize we don't hate the normal board because of the artwork. xD (Why you would think that is beyond me)
Hmm, I do wonder. It's not like people have been complaining about it for months and months despite all the hard work people have put into it, and you never have anything nice to say about it, only degrading comments and complaints. That really is a conundrum.
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
User avatar
SirWhit
Banana Fudge
Posts: 2456
Joined: October 2013

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

We get it. You don't like it. You like AcidTech. However, the decision to move away from AcidTech was not mine or SirWhit's. So your over dramatic rants do nothing at this point except anger us.
Just going to pop in and say I really don't care about this whole style thing, so don't include me in this.
User avatar
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
Posts: 4818
Joined: February 2015
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Belle wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the ToO not also automatically change styles based on the season?
That wasn't what I was complaining about. I logged in and saw it had changed, but only freaked out when I couldn't find an option to change it back. The ToO has kept that option available. And I realize that not being an option was a mistake, but for a time I didn't know that.
Belle wrote:What I am not okay with is the obnoxious over hyping of your complaints, and your constant degrading of this theme.
I apologize for being obnoxious and complaining.
Belle wrote:So your over dramatic rants do nothing at this point except anger us.
It wasn't meant to be mortifying or offensive, just dramatic.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3581
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Back to your regularly scheduled complaints about ToO downtime. Image
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 217
Joined: September 2017
Location: On AIOWiki
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

I have requested an account at the ToO, but haven't received a reply yet. Does anyone know what's going on?
User avatar
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 300
Joined: September 2017
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Scientific Guy wrote:I have requested an account at the ToO, but haven't received a reply yet. Does anyone know what's going on?
It's automatic, you won't get an e-mail. Just try to get on.
~Two of your five a day~.
User avatar
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 217
Joined: September 2017
Location: On AIOWiki
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Tsukuyomi wrote:
Scientific Guy wrote:I have requested an account at the ToO, but haven't received a reply yet. Does anyone know what's going on?
It's automatic, you won't get an e-mail. Just try to get on.
Hmmm... if I haven't got an email, how do I know my password?
User avatar
Tsukuyomi
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 300
Joined: September 2017
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Scientific Guy wrote:
Tsukuyomi wrote:
Scientific Guy wrote:I have requested an account at the ToO, but haven't received a reply yet. Does anyone know what's going on?
It's automatic, you won't get an e-mail. Just try to get on.
Hmmm... if I haven't got an email, how do I know my password?
You should have set it yourself upon registration? That's how it usually works.
~Two of your five a day~.
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3581
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

If you aren't able to log in, one of us can PM Catspaw and ask her to reset your password.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple
Posts: 573
Joined: July 2017
Location: With my puppy

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

I did siugh up but can't get on either?
User avatar
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 217
Joined: September 2017
Location: On AIOWiki
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Tea Ess wrote:If you aren't able to log in, one of us can PM Catspaw and ask her to reset your password.
Yes, thank you, that would be a good idea.
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3581
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I can still PM Catspaw if you haven't been able to log in.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 217
Joined: September 2017
Location: On AIOWiki
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Tea Ess wrote:I can still PM Catspaw if you haven't been able to log in.
Yes, please!
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3581
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Okay. The ToO is down right now, but I'll PM Catspaw when it's back up.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
User avatar
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme
Posts: 217
Joined: September 2017
Location: On AIOWiki
Contact:

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Tea Ess wrote:Okay. The ToO is down right now, but I'll PM Catspaw when it's back up.
AIOWiki is also down; I'm getting kind of tired of these issues. I hope Shadowpaw fixes it soon.
User avatar
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip
Posts: 3581
Joined: May 2012
Location: Michigan

Re: TheToO: Another AIO message board.

Post

Catspaw has been PMed.
Scientific Guy wrote:
Tea Ess wrote:Okay. The ToO is down right now, but I'll PM Catspaw when it's back up.
AIOWiki is also down; I'm getting kind of tired of these issues. I hope Shadowpaw fixes it soon.
Yeah, that would be nice.

Edit: Here's Catspaw's response: https://imgur.com/a/I77ol

If you're not able to reset your account, I'd be happy to pass the new info along to you if you're okay with that.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Post Reply