TheToO: The original AIO message board.

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Awesome! I'll try to be there! :D

-- Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 pm --

Ok, I am now on the ToO Chat. \:D/
(By the way, anyone know what to do when you'vê been disconnected? :anxious: )
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Baron von Odyssey wrote:Awesome! I'll try to be there! :D

-- Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:38 pm --

Ok, I am now on the ToO Chat. \:D/
(By the way, anyone know what to do when you'vê been disconnected? :anxious: )
You can reconnect :wacky:

So one thing I did when I disconnected was just hit the back arrow on my browser and re-joined with my same nick. Another thing you can do is just click out of the window, open a new window, and re-join. Quite simple tho :yes:
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

What's the one thing that deters most SSers from diving into The ToO?
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Well, I just joined the The ToO!
I'm pretty excited about it, although a little confused as well. I'd be happy to chat with anyone over there, trying to get involved.
Also, I go by the same username for reasons :yes: .
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Edit: Is the ToO down for anyone else? I haven't been able to access it at all today.
Bren wrote:What's the one thing that deters most SSers from diving into The ToO?
I know you posted this forever ago, but I thought it would still be worth responding to.

I would say the number one thing is the format of the ToO. Numerous people, including myself, have found the default design to look rather outdated, and it's confusing as well with the number of forums/subforums. Mny of those subforums are dead or superfluous. For example, I still don't really understand what purpose The Padded Room serves as a part of Hillingdale Haven. The forum would function just as well if the two were combined.

Additionally, it's not uncommon for the ToO to have three or four global announcements, which further clutter the board index. I remember when I was a new user, I was trying to find the 'official' forum with information for new users, like our Bulletin Board here. I couldn't figure out the difference between City Hall and The Steps of City Hall, and both of them have all of the global announcements, forum announcements, and stickies, making it unnecessarily difficult to find the one or two topics I wanted to read.

This isn't so much meant to bash the ToO as to simply state what I think deters new users from it. It's also worth noting that I don't have issues navigating the ToO now, but it was confusing when I was new.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

It's been off and on for me. I keep checking back on it and about every other time it's inaccessible.
xo eht haiasi-
snubs
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:I would say the number one thing is the format of the ToO. Numerous people, including myself, have found the default design to look rather outdated, and it's confusing as well with the number of forums/subforums. Mny of those subforums are dead or superfluous. For example, I still don't really understand what purpose The Padded Room serves as a part of Hillingdale Haven. The forum would function just as well if the two were combined.
The Padded Room does not add to your post count, Hillingdale does. But maybe they should both be combined and just not add to post count.

EDIT: Also, it's best to check in here if you are experiencing problems with the ToO. That is, when you can actually access it to do so.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification, having the Padded Room makes more sense now.

Shadowpaw appeared! :o Hopefully the increased available RAM will solve the problem, but I guess we'll have to see.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

BE PREPARED. DEC 1. Image
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The ToO is down again. Complain about it here! \:D/

Now there's no way for us to defend ourselves against December 1st. Image
snubs
Cookies & Creme

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO, TS?!?! :panic:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I don't know, snubs. :( I'm scared. I don't even know what's going to happen on December 1st.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, who knows about that?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I am very excited for the first of December. :) It's only hours away now.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
snubs
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:I am very excited for the first of December. :) It's only hours away now.
Wow, Jo, it's nice to see you are taking this head on. I, for one, am not so sure. :mad:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

snubs wrote:
GJFH wrote:I am very excited for the first of December. :) It's only hours away now.
Wow, Jo, it's nice to see you are taking this head on. I, for one, am not so sure. :mad:
I'm reminded of that episode with Connie. I'm thinking positively.... ;)

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Can I please be let in on why December 1st is supposed to be scary? *cries*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:Can I please be let in on why December 1st is supposed to be scary? *cries*
YA NEVAH KNOW, COUNTESS. :mad:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

If the answer after all this hype is 'nothing,' I swear I'm going to shoot someone. :x
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

T.S. (myself) wrote:If the answer after all this hype is 'nothing,' I swear I'm going to shoot someone. :x
O.o He resorts to violence! I would advise everyone hide.