Page 4 of 7

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:22 pm
by John Henry
I believe so too. But, something has merged in, what's that dancing smiley?

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 pm
by TigerShadow
\:D/ It's a smiley from the ToO that is basically the one thing that the SS ever lacked. Now it is here, and we may be content. \:D/ Oh, dancing smiley, how I've missed you...

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:50 am
by Tea Ess
Belle wrote:Also: Image
BAD WREN.

I seriously have to see this everywhere now? :x (<- this smiley could use replacing, though.)

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 am
by Belle
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Belle wrote:Also: Image
BAD WREN.

I seriously have to see this everywhere now? :x (<- this smiley could use replacing, though.)
Tehehehehehehe. xD

Yeah, a few others need replacing, like :P as well.

Hey, if it's what the people want, then it's easy enough to remedy. ;)

\:D/

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:00 pm
by Tea Ess
Belle wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Belle wrote:Also: Image
BAD WREN.

I seriously have to see this everywhere now? :x (<- this smiley could use replacing, though.)
Tehehehehehehe. xD

Yeah, a few others need replacing, like :P as well.
What?! That's one of my favorites. :(

:) This one looks too forced to me.

:o It's hard to tell what this one is supposed to mean.

:geek: :ugeek: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: :?: :!: No one uses these, but I'm not sure what could be improved.

Edit: This is off topic. I'll be quiet now.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 pm
by Audrey
My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.

If the two boards merged, I would leave. Not that I'm threatening, I'm just stating a fact. I did not join the ToO for a reason. Nothing against it, I just have reasons keeping me here, instead of joining it. I strongly oppose this idea.

Also. Why is this even being considered? This doesn't make any sense. Why now? Because the CC's shutting down? We're already getting rid of one board, why would we merge the two remaining ones? The ToO and SS may both be AIO boards. But even I know that they are quite different.

Plus, how would that even work? You would shut down the ToO and SS and just create a new site for everyone to go to? Would you force people to make accounts on the other site? Well, the first one isn't merging, it's shutting down. d= And the second one doesn't make sense.

Maybe I just need to hear HOW exactly you're going to do this. But I don't like it one bit.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:44 am
by Pound Foolish
Audrey wrote:My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.
Hear her, hear her.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:15 am
by Jamesobie
Image I want this one
Image Another personal favorite.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:53 am
by SirWhit
Audrey wrote:My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.

If the two boards merged, I would leave. Not that I'm threatening, I'm just stating a fact. I did not join the ToO for a reason. Nothing against it, I just have reasons keeping me here, instead of joining it. I strongly oppose this idea.

Also. Why is this even being considered? This doesn't make any sense. Why now? Because the CC's shutting down? We're already getting rid of one board, why would we merge the two remaining ones? The ToO and SS may both be AIO boards. But even I know that they are quite different.

Plus, how would that even work? You would shut down the ToO and SS and just create a new site for everyone to go to? Would you force people to make accounts on the other site? Well, the first one isn't merging, it's shutting down. d= And the second one doesn't make sense.

Maybe I just need to hear HOW exactly you're going to do this. But I don't like it one bit.
They would probably export each of the board's posts and users and import them onto the new site.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:54 am
by John Henry
The members of the ToO are talking about merging.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 am
by TigerShadow
Most of them are just as resistant to it as we are. In fact, most of them think it's just a joke.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:52 pm
by John Henry
Somebody there said that the SS people scare him.

I think that even if 2 message boards merge together - SS & CC. Why?
1. The ToO is too big.
2. Bren is the Administrator of CC & SS.

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:29 am
by SirWhit
Come over the Campbell County and join in on the Harvest Festival events!

Re: Campbell County

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 am
by ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Merge with the ToO, our biggest rival and competitor? I'd rather die. Don't the admins on either board have any sense of patriotism? We are the colonies and ToO are the redcoats! The ToOers are coming! The ToOers are coming!

Yes, this post is a joke, and yes, I don't want a merge. I mean, if we merge the boards, we might as well delete our chat box and refuse to bring it back, put a link to the ToO chat up and encourage chatting with our enemies. Oh, wait... WE ALREADY DID!

Re: AiO board mergers

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:10 am
by Tea Ess
It looks like this could actually happen! Several ToOers have been working on a new combined board for the Soda Shop and ToO! See the following topic on the ToO: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34341

Special Announcement

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 am
by Belle
Dear members of the Soda Shop.

Many of you may have seen the announcement on the Town of Odyssey regarding an impending merge of our two boards. (See the link here: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t= ... be4e96d0f3 )

I am here to confirm that this news is in fact true. It has been discussed by Jacob Isom, Catspaw, and Shadowpaw, and they have decided that this merge is the best path for both of the boards.

As has been announced on the ToO, the ToO and SS board will be merging on May 7th, 2015, to make a brand new board called the Soda Town. We have set up a board to offer your feedback and ideas for making this new forum the best it can be at http://thesodatown.x10host.com/.

This board will also be used for testing purposes to determine layout, design, administration, features, etc. So please join the test board, we'd love to hear your suggestions!

Sincerely, your favorite admin, Belle

Re: Special Announcement

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:30 pm
by Emma
Really!? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Suggestions? I've got a million!
Maybe having colored names on holidays! Like green and red on Christmas, and Pink on Valentines day, etc.

I would put down the rest, but they are just in my imagination, and doubt they would be used.... :lol:

Re: Special Announcement

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 pm
by Tea Ess
Please do share your opinions on the new board! We're looking forward to building a future together.

Registration doesn't require approval from an administrator, so you can post immediately after joining.

Re: Special Announcement

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:21 pm
by Bethany Shepard
Yellow always reminds me of April. :nods: We should do that.

Also, we need to mix this in with the design somehow:
Image

Re: AiO board mergers

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:41 pm
by Novatom
Blitz wrote:NEVER!!!!
:evil: I second this. If you do this, will you keep all our topics? And save all our posts? And maybe still have our avatars on the left of our posts? Why can't we just leave this board as it is? :cry: