AIO board mergers

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!

Which boards should merge?

Campbell County and the Soda Shop
No votes
The Town of Odyssey and the Soda Shop
5%
Campbell County and the Town of Odyssey
No votes
All of them!
21%
LOL Nope
74%

Total votes: 19

John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I believe so too. But, something has merged in, what's that dancing smiley?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

\:D/ It's a smiley from the ToO that is basically the one thing that the SS ever lacked. Now it is here, and we may be content. \:D/ Oh, dancing smiley, how I've missed you...
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Belle wrote:Also: Image
BAD WREN.

I seriously have to see this everywhere now? :x (<- this smiley could use replacing, though.)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:
BAD WREN.

I seriously have to see this everywhere now? :x (<- this smiley could use replacing, though.)
Tehehehehehehe. xD

Yeah, a few others need replacing, like :P as well.

Hey, if it's what the people want, then it's easy enough to remedy. ;)

\:D/
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Belle wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote:
BAD WREN.

Tehehehehehehe. xD

Yeah, a few others need replacing, like :P as well.
What?! That's one of my favorites. :(

:) This one looks too forced to me.

:o It's hard to tell what this one is supposed to mean.

:geek: :ugeek: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen: :?: :!: No one uses these, but I'm not sure what could be improved.

Edit: This is off topic. I'll be quiet now.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.

If the two boards merged, I would leave. Not that I'm threatening, I'm just stating a fact. I did not join the ToO for a reason. Nothing against it, I just have reasons keeping me here, instead of joining it. I strongly oppose this idea.

Also. Why is this even being considered? This doesn't make any sense. Why now? Because the CC's shutting down? We're already getting rid of one board, why would we merge the two remaining ones? The ToO and SS may both be AIO boards. But even I know that they are quite different.

Plus, how would that even work? You would shut down the ToO and SS and just create a new site for everyone to go to? Would you force people to make accounts on the other site? Well, the first one isn't merging, it's shutting down. d= And the second one doesn't make sense.

Maybe I just need to hear HOW exactly you're going to do this. But I don't like it one bit.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Audrey wrote:My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.
Hear her, hear her.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

Image I want this one
Image Another personal favorite.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Audrey wrote:My reaction: Bleh. bleh. bleh. Nooooo.

If the two boards merged, I would leave. Not that I'm threatening, I'm just stating a fact. I did not join the ToO for a reason. Nothing against it, I just have reasons keeping me here, instead of joining it. I strongly oppose this idea.

Also. Why is this even being considered? This doesn't make any sense. Why now? Because the CC's shutting down? We're already getting rid of one board, why would we merge the two remaining ones? The ToO and SS may both be AIO boards. But even I know that they are quite different.

Plus, how would that even work? You would shut down the ToO and SS and just create a new site for everyone to go to? Would you force people to make accounts on the other site? Well, the first one isn't merging, it's shutting down. d= And the second one doesn't make sense.

Maybe I just need to hear HOW exactly you're going to do this. But I don't like it one bit.
They would probably export each of the board's posts and users and import them onto the new site.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

The members of the ToO are talking about merging.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Most of them are just as resistant to it as we are. In fact, most of them think it's just a joke.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Somebody there said that the SS people scare him.

I think that even if 2 message boards merge together - SS & CC. Why?
1. The ToO is too big.
2. Bren is the Administrator of CC & SS.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Come over the Campbell County and join in on the Harvest Festival events!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Merge with the ToO, our biggest rival and competitor? I'd rather die. Don't the admins on either board have any sense of patriotism? We are the colonies and ToO are the redcoats! The ToOers are coming! The ToOers are coming!

Yes, this post is a joke, and yes, I don't want a merge. I mean, if we merge the boards, we might as well delete our chat box and refuse to bring it back, put a link to the ToO chat up and encourage chatting with our enemies. Oh, wait... WE ALREADY DID!
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It looks like this could actually happen! Several ToOers have been working on a new combined board for the Soda Shop and ToO! See the following topic on the ToO: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34341
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Dear members of the Soda Shop.

Many of you may have seen the announcement on the Town of Odyssey regarding an impending merge of our two boards. (See the link here: http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t= ... be4e96d0f3 )

I am here to confirm that this news is in fact true. It has been discussed by Jacob Isom, Catspaw, and Shadowpaw, and they have decided that this merge is the best path for both of the boards.

As has been announced on the ToO, the ToO and SS board will be merging on May 7th, 2015, to make a brand new board called the Soda Town. We have set up a board to offer your feedback and ideas for making this new forum the best it can be at http://thesodatown.x10host.com/.

This board will also be used for testing purposes to determine layout, design, administration, features, etc. So please join the test board, we'd love to hear your suggestions!

Sincerely, your favorite admin, Belle
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Really!? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Suggestions? I've got a million!
Maybe having colored names on holidays! Like green and red on Christmas, and Pink on Valentines day, etc.

I would put down the rest, but they are just in my imagination, and doubt they would be used.... :lol:
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Please do share your opinions on the new board! We're looking forward to building a future together.

Registration doesn't require approval from an administrator, so you can post immediately after joining.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Yellow always reminds me of April. :nods: We should do that.

Also, we need to mix this in with the design somehow:
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:NEVER!!!!
:evil: I second this. If you do this, will you keep all our topics? And save all our posts? And maybe still have our avatars on the left of our posts? Why can't we just leave this board as it is? :cry:
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...