AIO board mergers

No man is an island, and neither is the SS! If you have your own AIO fan site, this is the place to talk about it, and all other AIO fansites!

Which boards should merge?

Campbell County and the Soda Shop
No votes
The Town of Odyssey and the Soda Shop
5%
Campbell County and the Town of Odyssey
No votes
All of them!
21%
LOL Nope
74%

Total votes: 19

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why not?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

Cuz I said, and your debate vampires are dumb!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Very sound reasoning there. The debate vampires don't even attack if you don't provoke them which you did...
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

At least the Debate Vampires know how to make sound arguments.

Mr. Whit's End is right, don't provoke us...
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Jamesobie wrote:Cuz I said, and your debate vampires are dumb!
Well, as credible as the opinions of a new user who simply resorts to ad hominem attacks instead of actually supporting his arguments with any reasonable basis are, I think your logic could use some work. ;)

Anyway, I really hope we don't do a merge. I actually like it over here. At least this is an AIO board where most of the people are here primarily to discuss AIO. Besides, I much prefer an atmosphere where people aren't being bullied into voicing one opinion over another, and I believe that this is much of what happens on the ToO.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:
Jamesobie wrote:Cuz I said, and your debate vampires are dumb!
Well, as credible as the opinions of a new user who simply resorts to ad hominem attacks instead of actually supporting his arguments with any reasonable basis are, I think your logic could use some work. ;)

Anyway, I really hope we don't do a merge. I actually like it over here. At least this is an AIO board where most of the people are here primarily to discuss AIO. Besides, I much prefer an atmosphere where people aren't being bullied into voicing one opinion over another, and I believe that this is much of what happens on the ToO.
Well, vampires don't actually exist, so Trent might have a good reason to say so.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Wakko
Pistachio

Gaberk wrote:Well, vampires don't actually exist, so Trent might have a good reason to say so.
Debate Vampires is just a nickname for people who love to debate on here. Plus, it's still not a good reason. =p
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Wakko wrote:
Gaberk wrote:Well, vampires don't actually exist, so Trent might have a good reason to say so.
Debate Vampires is just a nickname for people who love to debate on here. Plus, it's still not a good reason. =p

Ya, I guess he might have just said that without thinking.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

IMO, the only leg up the ToO has over the SS at this point is the dancing smiley. :( Any chance we could get that for ourselves?
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

I wish. My good reason, is because they are two different sites- sites with different goals, and looks.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That's true, but this proposed new site would combine the best of two boards. For me, that would be the SS's look and it's heavy AIO discussion, and the smilies and Crestwood avenue of ToO.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

If smilies and a graphics shop are all we need, we can remedy that without the merging of both boards.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm fine with just AIO discussion on SS, in fact, I come here for that. If we did merge, those would be the two things from each board I would keep.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I have mixed feelings about the dancing smiley. It would be nice to have a larger selection, however.

A graphics shop would be nice, but there are plenty of wonderful people here who are willing to make me avatars now and then, so I'm happy.

Has the debate ended, then?
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Again, let me clarify. I don't want a graphics shop on the SS, but if we ever do merge for whatever reason, I would want to keep that feature.

SS is my AIO board. ToO is my board to sell my music and is not my primary medium for aio discussion.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I think a graphics shop/subforum would be a good idea for here, it seems like something that would do well, and that is lacking.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I think a lot of Tooers would be opposed to combining SS and the Too. The Too more than just Odyssey related why the Too is much broader.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:If smilies and a graphics shop are all we need, we can remedy that without the merging of both boards.
Pardon me for asking, but it's been my perspective that graphics shops don't really do so well on the other boards? Without the SS having a currency, this makes me think it'd do even more poorly?

Also: Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm doing pretty well with my music shop. I'll be rich after I finish scoring Jamesobie's production.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

ImageI do not want any AiO board to merge with any other AiO board. All three boards have, as Jamesobie said, different styles, different looks, different goals, different set-ups, and different member bases. I think all it would accomplish would be mass chaos as everyone tried to figure out what happened to the board they loved, all the new members, new topics, new forums and subforums, etc.
I believe it would turn out the opposite way of what you are imagining, with members and posting going down, because of all the confusion. In the end I think it would just be bad for the boards overall, and I really sincerely hope it never happens.
꿈. 희망. 전진.